Home General Discussion

Crackdown

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
chinups polycounter lvl 17
So whos getting crackdown just for the halo 3 beta? Im a huge halo fan and am considering it.

Replies

• Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    i was debating it, but i recently bought vegas (which is awesome btw). I would like to see the new halo, but i'm willing to wait and save $50 and just rent it from gamefly.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    I've pretty much given in to the idea now that they've announced "Fall 2007" as release for Halo 3 - I don't want to wait that long. And, the Crackdown demo was pretty good. I'm such a Halo fanboy loser.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm getting Crackdown for Crackdown.

Not enough of a Halo fan to buy a game to play a beta test.
  • chinups
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I've pretty much given in to the idea now that they've announced "Fall 2007" as release for Halo 3 - I don't want to wait that long. And, the Crackdown demo was pretty good. I'm such a Halo fanboy loser.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, im in the same boat, the demo was fun, and its co-op smile.gif
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    same.. Im getting crackdown cause it's badass. I can't wait for crazy co-op, building jumps and gunfights. After playing that demo so much I think I'm starting to see agility orbs downtown:P

I've actually never played HALO on a console.. I suppose thats almost sacrilegious in this industy isn't it?
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I'm getting crackdown for crackdown as well. I just got 3 new games from microsoft today for free so I exchanged them at walmart for credit so I'll be picking up crackdown tomorrow. I love halo and will enjoy the extra benefit but crackdown was fun so i'll pick it up.
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
    Halo 3 Beta! Comes with free copy of Crackdown!
    : ( Makes baby Jesus cry. The game is awesome though... After giving the coop a few tries, I'm pretty much obligated to make a purchase. Coop's been making a comeback these days, about fucking time too.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Could honestly give a damn about the halo beta; it's gonna be full of 'tards and the other jokers you generally try to avoid when playing MP.. I want the SP, not the MP.

I preordered crackdown for crackdown.
  • Whargoul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm getting Crackdown for Crackdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I doubt I'll even activate the Halo3 beta.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    UPS just dropped my copy off here. I'll give it a go when I go home tonight.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i rarely play halo2 anymore, there are too many halo pros out there. I'll stick with Vegas & Gears for xbox DM
  • chinups
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] OH man how is that even humanly possible? im such a halo nerd smirk.gif
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    can't wait to get home and play my copy!

Crackdown is the perfect 'jerk simulator'.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I'll crackdown on crackdown just to crackdown crackdown..... crackdown.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Could honestly give a damn about the halo beta; it's gonna be full of 'tards and the other jokers you generally try to avoid when playing MP.. I want the SP, not the MP.

I preordered crackdown for crackdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was a major reason i got away from the halo 2 online. The cheaters and 10 years old screaming when they get a kill or get killed. I wish xbox live had a tazer function so i could zap all the tards I have played with.

I've been trying to play gears online but some guys are just too damn good. I am enjoying rainbox six vegas though.

I'll be getting my copy of crackdown tonight after class.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] OH man how is that even humanly possible? Im such a halo nerd smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If they managed to travel back in time and replace Halo with Halo 3 so that the game would actually appear to push the boundaries of game play and graphics, THEN I might be impressed. I think it might require a heavy blow to the head to actually get me to drool over it.

The game strives for mediocrity at every release because they know it will sell well. Why push it when you don't have to. I hear in this version, Master Chiefs ass has real time reflections. They heard the call for more immersing tea bagging and have answered. Now you will be able to see the blank look on your expressionless face as the 11 year old assjack dangles his hairless balls just inches away from your visor! HELL YEAH SIGN ME UP!

[Halo fan]: Hey, there isn't a disc in this case!?
    [Game Store Sales Guy]: RTMF, read the <cough>-in' Manual.
    [Halo fan]: Insert Halo CD and press start, when finished insert Halo2 CD and press start... Or just restart Halo, your call.
    [Game Store Sales Guy]: Yeah they figured they would end the charade and save money on having to restamp all those discs when you already have em.

I now return you to your thread about CrackDown, a game that attempts to do something new, kind of...
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would like to ask, on behalf of all polycounters who would like a thread about Crackdown, for NOBODY to respond to Vig's Halo thrashing in the previous comment. It was a rather silly thrashing, and it would be rather silly of you to respond, wouldn't it?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh unclench, it was humor, I'm sure Halo3 will be a new and inventive game that pushes the boundaries of both time and reality.

Jeez, can't even take a humorous poke at a game without someone taking it seriously. I see I will have to go back to using the [humor] [/humor] tags again... besides he asked how it was possible...
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I had a lot of fun in co-op with this game, it's definitely put All Points Bulletin on the map for me.
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    I have determined Crackdown is awesome, solely because as I was playing it I tried to kick a dude and accidentally kicked a car and sent it flying with the dude trying to get in it. Any game in which you can accidentally kick a car for twenty feet = awesome.

Frank the Avenger
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    I haven't done coop yet but just screwing around getting agility orbs was a blast. Driving around seems to be real meh to me. I love the targeting system though. It's the first 3rd person action game to nail targeting in my opinion.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Said it after the demo, saying it again after playing the actual game...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~

Crackdown, the cure for the common gameplay.

laugh.gif

Hit me up on Live, I'm down for some Co-Op.
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I played it for way to long last night. Nothing quite like picking up a car with the people still inside it and whipping it at someone, or kicking someones car while they are trying to get out of it and having it steamroll them. Fun fun
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I picked it up after class got over at 10pm last night and started playing after I got home around 11:45ish and didn't end until about 6:30 in the morning. Man that game is awesome. I was mainly just getting orbs and seeing where I could go. I made it to the top of the Agent Tower.

Hit me up on live if anyone wants to play.

gh0stfac3killa4.jpg
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wonder if i buy it tonight, i can get one with the halo3. what's everyones thought on the halo3 beta?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried grabbing the halo3 beta last night around 2 A.M. (PST) and it still wasn't available. I *think* the preorders are the only ones that have the beta as an option, so if you can find a store that doesn't have them all spoken for you should be able to get in on it.
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The beta isn't available to download. Bungie hasn't said when that is yet. Could be weeks\months.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bungie said the beta wont be available at launch or even when it will be available. All of the versions on shelves right now have the option for the halo 3 beta and i'm pretty sure if you buy the game you will get the beta anyways.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    If they managed to travel back in time and replace Halo with Halo 3 so that the game would actually appear to push the boundaries of game play and graphics, THEN I might be impressed. I think it might require a heavy blow to the head to actually get me to drool over it.

The game strives for mediocrity at every release because they know it will sell well. Why push it when you don't have to. I hear in this version, Master Chiefs ass has real time reflections. They heard the call for more immersing tea bagging and have answered. Now you will be able to see the blank look on your expressionless face as the 11 year old assjack dangles his hairless balls just inches away from your visor! HELL YEAH SIGN ME UP!

[Halo fan]: Hey, there isn't a disc in this case!?
    [Game Store Sales Guy]: RTMF, read the <cough>-in' Manual.
    [Halo fan]: Insert Halo CD and press start, when finished insert Halo2 CD and press start... Or just restart Halo, your call.
    [Game Store Sales Guy]: Yeah they figured they would end the charade and save money on having to restamp all those discs when you already have em.

I now return you to your thread about CrackDown, a game that attempts to do something new, kind of...

[/ QUOTE ]
    BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Well fucking put dude! Halo for the loss!

Anyone who buys Crackdown specifically for the Halo3 beta is a jerk. Crackdown seems like a decent game (from the demos I've seen and from the comments I've heard from dudes at work), with a bunch of cool shit you can do. I'd much rather play this game over Halo3 any day!

-caseyjones
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    Got crackdown last nite.. or as i like to think of it "GTA lite"

take GTA add some super powers, improve graphics, remove story, remove missions, water down the world. boom, you have crackdown.

bads:
    besides the announcer ocasionaly reminding you that you are a good guy, your character is still no more of a "good guy" when i comendere a car, why does my police officer grab the lady by the head and throw her out on her face? even fellow officers.. its like they wanted to keep the edgey badassery of GTA but its jsut silly when you are a police officer. i'd rather a "excuse me citizen, I need to comendere your vehicle"

leveling up,, guns and strength is fine, i feel like i'm playing a game and leveling as i go. but leveling driving and agility seems like just they didnt even put any thought in it, drive thru green glowies, run thru green glowies,, collect 500 of these things. really wish this was more in the game. and not like an extra tacked on. thedriving, could be exactly teh same, but you are chasing a suspect same path but you are following a car. same wiht roof top racing, chasing a supsect across the roof tops,

boring missions "you are near garcia! find him and kill him" replace the name with other names, andyou have all the missions.

The Goods.
    Its mostly fun to play.

targeting is done really well i love shooting wheels off trucks and exploding cars full of bad guys, throwing cars into groups of baddies, then blowing it up

as far as halo beta, i didnt even know it was included till i opened the box. i may try it may not,, i've enjoyed the previous games, but not sure if i'm a fanboy,, i will buy h3 and pretty sure i'll enjoy it
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I"m having loads of fun with it on co-op play!

I'm actually having a good time just trying to find the glowies. It's like a big easter egg hunt.
  • sinistergfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
    Rhino: you also get Agility points based on how high your altitude is when you kill baddies.

You get driving points for killing baddies with your car; running them over and killing them in collisions. (This is actually the fastest way to level driving skill)
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Something nifty to do in the game when jumping from rooftop to rooftop: Set the camera directly behind your character and try to gauge the distance from your character the edge of the roof you're currently on, remember it in your head. Now tilt the camera directly straight down on the character. Now run and make the jump... insta-Matrix!

laugh.gif
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    fun is wearing off quickly pretty much after you have beaten your first boss.. i don't mean main crime lord.. but just any of the generals. you've pretty much beat the whole game.. you just do that again like 30 times over. i've almost got everything leveled up but still.. doing the same thign over and over..drive around,, boss pops up on radar kill him.. theres no difrent strategys to kill any of the bosses so far you can just run up to them ,, and kick them a few times and they die, or stay back and shoot them and htey die
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dunno, it's still going strong in my household.

To us, it's not about beating the bosses and progressing the story mode, it's more about the randomness that happens when people play together.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I'm still loving it. Upgrading skills and finding new weapons opens up new ways to play the game.