Home General Discussion

GHOST RIDER THREAD

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
work offered to give everyone free tickets to it yester day but i decided i'd rather stay at work than go.

Replies

• Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    From what I've read you made the more entertaining decision.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I went to see it cause all my buddies went and I was bored...

About on par with fantastic 4, except with crappier CG and a less cool hero. Dialouge made me want to kill myself at some points.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    it was on the low end of mixed feelings for me... a few decent parts (Mephisto and the old Rider) and a lot of cheese (monkies!). boring fights with the elements(air, water, and dirt; we called him dirt cause he wasnt cool enough for earth). Cage seemed to be channeling Elvis for his performance.. Eva Mendez only redeemed the movie with her boobs(out of the 11 i went with all the guys agreed on that point). Blackheart was okay but not very threatening.

as my friend josh said on the way back.. "i know i saw a movie today but i cant remember what it was.. oh yeah, Ghost Rider". we should have gone to the movies on campus where we could get in free with student ID, instead of paying $6.50

i knew it wasnt going to be all that great when i noticed Stan Lee didnt make an appearence.

that said i almost went with another group of friends to see it today.. and though i usually keep movie tidket stubs, this on went in the trash
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    it was uncomfortably bad. had some funny parts, but mostly just how bad it was.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    i like the line in this review from aintitcool
    "Oh. Dear. God. Where to begin? No, really. Where to begin? Ghost Rider is a total mess practically from start to finish, a giant flaming turd racing down the highway at 200 MPH"

Lol
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
    Sounds... Awesome... I'll be sure to go and see it.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    They turned one of the most badass comic characters ever into Nicholas Cage spitting witty remarks for 2 hours.

Coming soon: Spawn 2 starring Tom Hanks.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Couldn't be any worse than the first one.

I'm kind of interested to have a look at this simply because it was filmed around Melbourne. I've seen him zipping up the wall of the Rialto tower and over the railing of the footbridge to Flinders street station. I want to see what else I can recognise from the local area.

The movie looks kind of fun in a really low brow, stupid b-grade kind of way
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm just surprised this many of you went to go see it...
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    we had planned to go. i hate nicholas cage, so the only way i'd agree to go was if i was heavily intoxicated. i ended up just staying at the bar.
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    It was surprisingly bad! I was blown away at how bad the acting was for the end bosses, not to mention ghost rider destroys them in one hit and there is a running commentary from the end bosses on how ghost rider is defeating them? Oh no you're killing me with a tornado. There are definately some merits to the film though, I did laugh several times and Eva is extremely hot, they always put her boobs in the center of the shot wearing an unbuttoned bustier. I liked Eva and Nicolas Cage but everyone else was horrible.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I haven't seen it yet, and already know its bad so might just wait for dvd,read the review on aintitcool, and from what i read, it sounds like yet another comic movie where they didn't get what was cool about the character and universe. All they would have had to have done is put on the big screen garth enis's story for the percurser to the new line of ghost rider comics.

Basically its a quick wrap up oh who ghost rider is and what he can do told by some angles who get him out of hell to clean up something they don't want anyone to know about. GR gets out of hell and has to kill this demon who is being hunted by one of hell's hunters(think red neck+tentacle demon) and heavens hunters(think T3 terminator chick). Needless to say both sides want the kill and will kill anything any anyone they need to to get it done.

Now that would have been a much more interesting story to see on the big screen. Comic writers are writers when will holywood see that and use them to write movie scrips for the IP's they have been writing for.
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    Wow!
    Sometime between 1995 and now, did Ghost Rider actually get a following?
    To me GR was always a B character, so I wouldn't dream of watching the movie on anything other than cable?
    The last time I saw a ghost rider book "new" he was sharing half the book with the Rawhide Kid!
    I never knew anyone who ever bought a ghostrider book more than once until now.
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Wow!
    Sometime between 1995 and now, did Ghost Rider actually get a following?
    To me GR was always a B character, so I wouldn't dream of watching the movie on anything other than cable?
    The last time I saw a ghost rider book "new" he was sharing half the book with the Rawhide Kid!
    I never knew anyone who ever bought a ghostrider book more than once until now.

[/ QUOTE ]

My only explanation is that maybe they hoped Ghost Rider would kick off like Blade did and turn into a franchise . Blade was a B character and the movies while not great had some really cool elements . I am guessing since Ghost rider did 44million this weekend we'll be seeing a Ghosr Rider 2 frown.gif ... that's really sad because there are a lot of other comic characters which should have got a movie first and now maybe that money won't be used to bring them to the screen .
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Im sorry, guys, I feel like I am partially responsible for this. I don't know why but I do. I think Im gonna have to change my name.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    After beeing 6 months without going to the cinema ( beeing in spain i refuse to go to the cinema ) im eager to accept watching this...
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Im sorry, guys, I feel like I am partially responsible for this. I don't know why but I do. I think Im gonna have to change my name.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hahahah Josh!

-caseyjones
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Best movie ever?

I gave it a standing ovation at the end.

I was the only one...

so goddamn entertaining in its unbelievably badness. They have flaming flame decals! YES
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    As someone who onced actually owned GR #1 and GR #2 in the early to mid seventies, (1974?), I actually thought the movie was alot of fun.

Guess I'm not cool enough for skool...