Aussie computer franchise passing off XBox as PS3

polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    like it said in the article,
    "The display had been up 24 hours and they were using it as a playback device to show Harvey Norman ads," he said.

Still pretty funny upon inital glance.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    HAHA! Awesome!
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    I must be going senile. It took me a good ten minutes to understand what the issue is here. So the display is cardboard, right? Pretty common for point of sale displays to be cardboard. Someone working at the store just happened to prop it up with a 360 that was lying around. Possibly even an in joke amongst the employees.
    I'm all for having a chuckle at the expense of Sony over the whole PS3 debacle, but how is this even news? Weird.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Because it wasn't supposed to be news, someone found the pictures on his fliker site and passed it around and before the guy who took them even got up it was everywhere. That isn't to say that wasn't the idea, as it is that guys job to make viral ads.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Daz, I'm still not entirely clear on it either, but I think the problem wasn't the cardboard display, but that they actually had a display showing a preview of PS3 content, but were using an 360 console to preview it. (So it wasn't just used to prop the display up, it was used to demo the PS3).

At least I think that's it. I can't imagine there'd be this much of a stink over a 360 propping up some cardboard. :P
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tulkamir,
    like mikeF just said...
    "The display had been up 24 hours and they were using it as a playback device to show Harvey Norman ads,"

nothing todo with ps3, just thats where it was placed and to hold up the ps3 add.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Doh, missed that. What in the hell is the big deal then? Meh. :P
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Easy, anything and everything that shouldn't be news is news now because the shit that is news is protected by lots of money so that we don't find out and get pissed and do something about it. Its why you hardly ever see any tech news in this day and age.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I don't think it was ever really considered to be real news, just one of those Odd Spot typed deals. It isn't a big deal, its just mildly amusing.