Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Got my new site going, with new work from EA too

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Ancient-Pig polycounter lvl 18
So I retired Ancient-Pig.com ... it just wasn't cutting the mustard for me anymore.

Check out my new site... it's got some familiar work on there, as well as new additions.

http://www.pig-brain.com

Replies

• Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    You go through more site incarnations than I do. Wasn't it just yesterday that you got the last one up? :P

The work looks great as always. I really liked the glowy metal look of the last site.. frown.gif
  • Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Por@szek polycounter lvl 18
    Holy crap.
    The stuff u have up in there is awesome. All this cloth things ( trousers and else) are hand painted? Dang u make me depressed. And ... WHOAAAA ... here is my country flag on the pants HAHAA http://www.pig-brain.com/gallery/street3/street5.htm

This is really awesome work u have in here and the site is clean and fresh. Cool.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Nice work Pig, It all looks amazing but I especially love the textures on your Gun work.
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foreverendering polycounter lvl 12
    Nice work! So you did some stuff for NFL Street 3, do you work for BuzzMonkey then?

I also worked on Street 3 a little bit (at EA Tiburon)

Great textures!
  • flow3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flow3d polycounter lvl 18
    I LOVE the GUN meshes!
    They are just the way I love 'em!

Wonderful smile.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Nice man, glad to see you got back online.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    very nice work man. Looking for a job? :P
  • erik!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you have nice pants.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    cool stuff, b. nice to see you round these parts again!
  • Ancient-Pig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys - your feedback is extremely valuable to me. I'm glad you all dig the site...

My last site was absolutely horrible... impossible to navigate.. popups... hard to update... obtrusive..

Having said that, my goals for this site were as follows:

- Easy to navigate
    - Quick to load
    - Works in IE and FireFox
    - Doesn't detract from the showcased art
    - Easy to update

Based on crits I have been receiving, I may add a splash of color to that title bar somewhere.

Slum - LOL! I think this is my first update in well over a year! :P The last page was so impossible to update, I didn't even bother... thanks for checkin it out though

Poraszek - Thanks man... those clothes were actually pretty fun to do. I had a fair bit of time to sit there and detail them out (love the 1px pencil tool)... thanks for peepin

Gavimage - Thanks dude...
    SuperOstrich is another character artist that worked on Gun. Check it out.. good stuff

foreverendering - Yup, I was at Buzzmonkey on Street3. Was a fun project to work on... despite all the misgivings I had heard about EA, it was a really pleasureable experience. I worked mostly with Peyton and Gianni - a couple cool and level headed dudes. I think the game turned out great. What parts did you work on (nice work on your site by the way)

flow3d - I have a hard time looking at past work. It feels like every time I make something new, I do something better. I was happy with them at the time for sure, but if I could, there would be some things I would change about them.. thanks!

jeffro - I traded in the RX8 for a Mustang GT. Never lookin' back, dude.. that thing moves!

Tumerboy - thanks man - at the moment I'm not looking to move anywhere. My wife and I just bought a house, so I would definitely be facing the wrath even if I brought it up. Some major wife aggro...

erik! - Thanks man - those were fun to make..

Xenobond - I come and go.. I should stick around more often.. if anything, to pester pooponmychest some more :P How's it hangin, KMan?
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    I'm really liking it more than your old site man. This looks slick and has no popups. smile.gif Great work as always.

Digging the mail icon. smile.gif
  • ultra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ultra polycounter lvl 18
    very cool! i prefer this new layout and navigation site too, very clean, and your work continues rocking!
  • SeanDomega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome work on there buddy! smile.gif Man, I feel so meager damn u! wink.gif just kidding keep up the great work! Over and out
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Looks good man, I like the new site much better, it's far easier to navigate. I think you should make the thumbs bigger and don't crop them. I can't tell what they lead to.
    http://www.pig-brain.com/gallery/street3/st5.gif does this lead to a texture flat of jeans? is it just the crotch area of a full character? is it a crop in of a concept? You know because you made it, but anyone visiting your site won't. The thumbs are there for us as viewers to figure out what we want to look at next and currently they don't help me decide very well.

Also, try to develop more than one skin tone, your faces look great, but they are the same color choices no matter the ethnicity change or feature change, from your indian woman to your nordic viking.

poop.gif
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foreverendering polycounter lvl 12
    I helped out Street3 briefly when one of their character guys left the studio, I think I helped for about a month.

I worked on some different things like the blendshapes for the faces, and some of the hair styles. And bug fixes, of course smile.gif

Probably my favorite thing was making the crazy fros like the zebra fro, and the tiger fro etc. I had actually made a ton of fros but they said we could only have (I think) 4, so a bunch of them didn't end up in the game.

But yeah Gianni and Peyton are both cool, I've been friends with Gianni for about 2 years now. He's an awesome guy and really great to work with in person. I remember him on the phone with / emailing BuzzMonkey back and forth all the time (I sat across from him).

At one point you guys sent some BuzzMonkey t-shirts to Tiburon and they were pretty slick! Unfortunately I didn't get one, probably cause I was on Street3 for such a short time frown.gif Oh well smile.gif
  • Ancient-Pig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the replies guys.. glad you all dig it..

I think all mail icons need to be on fire

'High-Pockets' Mathis - I'll experiment with thumbnail size. With the current size, I think that trying to fit the whole picture in would be nothing but a blurry mess. I see where you're coming from though, and will muck around. As for the rest of your post - **skeptical face** bwahaha

foreverendering - dude, the fros rocked :P Give Gianni a holler for me...