Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Little alien ship finished the first serie.

daghen
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
daghen polycounter lvl 18
hi everybody..

i'm working actually at making some model for a shoot them up game made with blitz engine and i recently start to texture some of the alien ship i made

so i would like have some feedback about to try to improve that for futur ship ..as i have a lot to do ..
this two ship are mot completely finish to texture yet but almost..less than 500 tris each

alienship01adone3ha.jpg

alienship2atexwip5yc.jpg

i put some imag eof the game in devellopment also..it's vertcal scrolling game mainly but with some 3d effect espacially camera and such...

shootemup60ga0.th.jpg
shootemup50eu7.th.jpg
shootemup48hl6.th.jpg

thanks for looking
C&C welcome

Replies

• Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Por@szek polycounter lvl 18
    If u are not using normals and spec try to simulate the light on color. Looks cute but need a little polish. Maybe also u can give some details on alpha, like satelite, guns or maybe freeze one of it.
  • dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    The texturing is nice, but as forms, they don't read as ships to me, more like alien hand held power tools...
  • daghen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi and thanks for reply ...

did a third one ...
    aship3doneet5.jpg

and a screen under blitz(teh engine we used for this game ) and the 256*256 texture

ashiptext3ym7.jpg

thanks for looking

[email="POr@szek...I"]POr@szek...I[/email] don't get what you mean by using alpha for detaisl that such of things..any link somewhere who explain that ?
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    Basically have a single polygon hanging off the ship, and use an alpha-mapped bit of the tex (or maybe a second sheet) to have wires, antennae, and the like. By alpha mapped I mean using the alpha channel as a transparency map.
  • Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Por@szek polycounter lvl 18
    Exacly how Valandar explain. Add some lights on transparency, some weapons , cables, ropes whatever. This ain't grow your polycount much, but add great details and mood. Also other maps like luminance maps, specular or bump/normal can add a lot of detail, even when this last one are done from bump. Dunno for what consle it is, so u need to check the techdocs.
    The second thing is that ur ships don't exacly looks like space ships. More like drones or some moving cameras. Try to search in conceptart.org or just in google to enter the mood and create more cosmic ships, less drones.
    Hope u get into it -> http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/delta1.htm
  • daghen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for explanation ...well I will try a alpha on the next one ...
    and thanks for the link ...
    the engine actually don't allow normal or bump even specular..it is based on directX 7 technologie ..it's possible to get adding some DLL to it or wrap a secondary 3d engine to it but for the moment the programmer will not go in i guess certainly for next game as the game engin enow is almost complete in term of gameplay etc...

thanks anyway for help
  • daghen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi

well just finished the 2 last ship of this first serie ..so i just wanted to show you..

aship4doneym1.jpg

aship5doneir2.jpg

thanks for watching