Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Reel Piece: Mosque

Sage
polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Sage polycounter lvl 19
Hi here is a mosque I did based on Stainless Steel art test. I believe it has 600 tris forget at the moment, and a 512 x 512 texture with alpha. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Alex

mosque01.jpg

mosque02.jpg

Replies

• JohnnyHolloway
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyHolloway polycounter lvl 17
    Hard to see alot of the texture from there, you should post some closer shots of it.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Johnny if it's for Stainless it's for an RTS. . . though I thought Stainless went belly up?

Model looks good, texture could be a bit more colorful/detailed. Since the roof is a big part of what we'd see, you'll need to come up with something other than a blank plane.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Thanks for the replys. The model was not made for Stainless and that studio did close last year. I imagine people might recognize it though since they had people model a Mosque from Dubai. I was wondering what would be a good way to show this, since the towers are quite tall. I'll post my texture shit in the next post. let me know what you think.

Alex
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ah, they must have changed before they went under, because when I did the test it was the Ni
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    They had a few art tests. La Nina was public, if you passed that one you usually got a greek warship or a ww 1 truck. Later they released a new public test which was to model a ww2 german soldier. I was wondering what was a good way to show shots of the mosque that are more effective than what I did. Thanks.

Alex
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ah, that explains it.

Some other angles (the back side for instance) would be nice, as would close ups. But overall I think you're best off showing it how it'll be viewed in game, which you have.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Here is what the texture looks like. Let me know what you think.

Alex

mosque_T.jpg

mosque_T01.jpg