Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Me Grimlock Finally Finished

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Showster polycounter lvl 18
GrimlockWall.jpg

By no means perfect but I'm proud to have him fairly finished!

Hopefully get him into a beta of my project soon.

What ya recon guys?

Greg

Replies

• ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I reckon it needs more contrast in the texture, and a few variations in the mechanical shapes and color so they don't appear as simple lines. It appears a little washed out atm.

Nice work, but rest your eyes then add a little more to it before calling it finished. "Art is never finished, only abandoned." :P
  • Soccerman18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soccerman18 polycounter lvl 18
    Definitly needs some more contrast, colors look a little washed out. Needs some shading to show shape, not just detail. if you got rid of all the little lines then you'd just have boring solid color. Also, the yellow part where the legs are attached isn't all yellow, the belly is yellow but the back is gray.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with what the first two said. It needs far more contrast and you need to define volumes. I also reread the polycount about 5 times. How is this 3000 polies? try and use them to define more silhouette. This does not look like a 3000 poly model.
  • Showster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Showster polycounter lvl 18
    I was trying to make it almost subtle in line art and not have the contrast there, most my work ends up the other way and is OTT with the shadows :-D. Anyhow I'll have a play.

The reason for 3K is because is simply due to automation and transformation purposes. Everything is capped and alot of usually deleted faces had to remain.