Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Base female WIP

etsuja
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
etsuja polycounter lvl 17
I'm working on a base female model that I can use for characters on a project. It doesn't have as many features as the last model I posted here.

chicyfrontjh9.th.jpg

chicybackgj5.th.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Replies

• Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frankie polycounter lvl 19
    please make bigger titties
  • Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frankie polycounter lvl 19
    sorry always mean to say make for ut 2004 thanks

thanks
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    If this is a base model, you will want to spend some time working the proportions as they are way off at the minute.

Legs are much too long, upper legs too long compared to the lower legs, the arms are too short and the deltoids are much too bulbous.
  • Fishypants
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fishypants polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm. . . yes the anatomy needs a little bit of work. I included this image of aneta keys from www.3d.sk to help illustrate the things i will point out:
    anatomy.jpg
    First of all, either the torso is too short or the legs are too long, or actually both. The lenth of your legs is equal to the length from the top of your head to your crotch. Depending on the size of the breasts, and how much they hang, the usually start at about the top of the rip cage, but yours are starting higher, which gives them the impression of breast implants. Put just a tiny bit of sag, they are giant bags of fat basically so they do have weight and gravity does effect them.

Hips / Crotch area:
    Guys and girls hips are different, thus being because women are made to cary and eventually give birth to children. So their hips are made to accomodate that. Your model has a crease running from the hips to the crotch, thats very pernounced, yet there isnt anyting like that on girls, at least not that noticeable. Its there but its very soft. Plus your crotch area is more of a "V" shape, where in women, its much flatter, or shorter.

Thigh Area:
    There is a tendon that attatches at the top of your hip and wraps around your thigh and attaches in the back. This is what causes that crease area on the thigh in conjunction to how the muscles are flowing. Yours seems to start near the crotch, come straight down and makes a hard turn to somewhere. Straighten this out and have it start at the hip.

Knees:
    Knees could be alot thicker, compare to the image.

Calves:
    All the muslces in from the Knee to the Heel start at the knee and terminate at the heel. Calves seem to stop half way down the leg. Make it more of a smooth transition which ends at the heel.

All in all I think its a great start, and whats cool is you have 90% of the model done, so now its just a matter of tweaking it until the shapes are in a more correct position. Keep at it and use lots of photo reference!

Even if this character is supposed to be stylized, it should still obey certain laws of anatomy or else it just wont look good. You have to know the rules of anatomy before you can bend them. Hope that you found this usefull. Good luck!
  • etsuja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated: Here's what I have done before seeing that latest post.. I might modify it a little. Currently at 1706 poly. Aiming for under 3k for base model.

chickyuv3.th.jpg

chickywbd4.th.jpg

btw, here's the model I was using as reference at first which I wasn't really constantly looking at. I later modified it a little to fit a different game concept which I'm not allowed to post.

refwa0.th.jpg
  • etsuja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After a little more tweaking:

chickynu8.th.jpg

chickywrv3.th.jpg
  • etsuja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's the model metaformed just for the hell of it... It wasn't made to be metaformed exactly so it has a few little glitches on it.

chickymetadl0.th.jpg
  • Fishypants
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fishypants polycounter lvl 18
    sweet its looking better, keep at it!
  • etsuja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's the finished base model weighing in at 2708 polies smile.gif

chickyrf7.th.jpg

chickywss0.th.jpg

and here's a special version just for frankie

chickytittiestg3.th.jpg

C&C's appreciated.
  • tremulant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tremulant polycounter lvl 17
    Lookin better, but that butt is just too plump, it needs a little bit of sag. Even the best of booties have a little bit of sag, this one looks like she is flexin.
  • boobs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i like big boobs. the bigger the better.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Her legs are way to far apart and giving her a very artificial look. Its not as simple to fix as moving the knees and feet together, as the hips are too wide. Very few people ever stand with their legs that far apart, unless they where shot in the crotch with a cannon ball and it messed their hips up. Also her toes are pointing toward each other, this will get more pronounced as you bring the legs closer. Pigeon toed does not = hot or even normal. Most people (yes even hotties) have toes that face away from each other.

The arms are too thin, she has quite a bit of muscle/meat on her yet her arms look like they are from a sick toddler. She seems to have really long hands and the wrist joint is misplaced too far up the arm.

The neck is too thin. even on a really skinny chick the neck is still almost as wide as the head, and starts more or less behind the ears.

Speaking of ears hers stick too far away from her head, ears don't stick out like a stuffed animal, but more closely follow the sides of the head.

I think a lot of the anatomy issues are coming from working on the model too much from the front. I would wager a guess if you showed us the model from the side the spine would be pretty contorted?

I think you hurt yourself switching referance half way thru the model. Stick with one and get it as close as you can. If you want to change start a new model. Franenstien wasn't a hottie and it doesn't mater how many super model parts you use the same thing applies to 3D chicks. Stick to one set of porptions and ride it out.

I'm not saying Bi-Ped is perfect but line the female skeleton up to yours and see how it stacks up. The torso, hips, legs, neck and arms all have major issues going on. you need to stop trying to exaggerate hotness and get back to basics then tweak it just a little bit to push the hotness up a notch. Right now the more you tweak the more exagerated it is getting and thats not a good thing.
  • Fex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fex
    On top of the marvelous advice that Fishypants and Vig have given, I really want to reiterate that the T'n'A are much, much too large, even for a cartoon-stylized, over-emphasizedly juggy vixen. Vig hit the nail right on the head: work on getting the real proportions of the body together (I highly recommend using references as clean as the ones 3d.sk has to offer), then take your realistic mesh and stylize her all you want. Working the other way around is currently making her look disproportionate, and a little bit silly.

Anyway, good luck to ye! laugh.gif