Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    That really makes me miss lawn darts frown.gif
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Ah lawn darts....how I miss throwing them at my little brother and watching him cry while trying to dodge them. It's a wonder that he's survived to this day.

EDIT: That pic of the kid with the lawn dart in his shoulder is more than worth the cost of clicking the link. laugh.gif
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    I still have a set...We played with them this summer when we went camping..I promtly put them in the trunk once booze broke out..drunken lawn darts makes baby jesus cry
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    All toys are dangerous if you don't use them properly. That's the fun of being a kid... figuring out how to use the toy in a destructive manner. I never thought lawn darts should be a KIDS toy anyways. Upper teens maybe, but why eliminate a product completely? Should regular darts go too?
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    this link is full of win.

LAWN DARTS 4 LIFE.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I miss the METAL Tonka trucks that could take a finger if you weren't careful.

I remember when a kid on my block got one of the "new and improved" lawn dart sets. They featured rounded out tips and I think they filled them with cement. Yeah, real geniuses at the lawn dart company. Give kids blunt heavy objects that crush skulls, to toss around as a replacement, BRILLIANT!
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    "atomic energy lab" is probably the coolest "toy" ever!
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I can't find the link right now but a while back I read about a toy cannon that was powered by calcium carbide and water, you weren't supposed to stick anything in the end, it just went bang. When you mix calcium carbide with water it produces acetylene so if you jammed something in the end you've got a bomb instead of a canon. On the plus side you'll be the envy of every kid on the block with your shiny new hook hands!
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like the price of the Atomic Lab has gone up a little sice back in the day...
    http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=31568
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    apparently he was a man of many interests.

"As the inventor of the Erector Set..."
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Ahh lawn darts. Reminds me of the bow & arrow set I got when I was 10 which wasn't exactly a toy. The bow was about 4 feet tall, not compound. "I shot an arrow in the air.. " I got nailed in my crown with a target arrow (blunt tip) but I still have no idea how it didn't crack through and skewer gray matter. It had to have been the thick skull.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sky dancers? come ON, that shit was AWESOME!
    Which kid wouldn't be happy with something that flies and mauls? Truth be told, the wings really were pretty foamy and soft.
    Now the Thundercats Thunderclaw, that thing was cool. It really snapped shut pretty hard.

http://www.toyarchive.com/Thundercats/Vehicles/Thunderclaw.html
  • Zcubed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zcubed polycounter lvl 18
    Hahah, my old Creepy Crawlers oven made the list. I remember burning myself more than once while trying to cook up some bug-shaped plastic. laugh.gif
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha, good stuff.
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Man My brother and I used to play "Ninjas" in the 80's with lawn darts, throwing them at each other and then dodging so that they darts would stick in trees. My sister refuced to play and stayed inside.

The Increadible Edibles barely were edible, and the bottles for their sauce looked just like the Creepy Crawly's "Plastigoop" bottle so you dodn't want to mix them. There were some cool critters in the late series Crawlies, Monsters that came in parts that you would assemble, in all their Big Daddy Roth goodness.

Matteol had other cool "Heat Based" toys, Like one where you would get little plasic Block that you would put in "heat chamber" and they block would iunfold into Dinosaurs, animals or Monsters, and you could play with them, until you were bored, then heat them up and crush them back into little blocks (wioth a Mattel Logo on them.

Theother was the most useful "toy" ever, the Mattel Vacu-fomer. You would get cards of Syrene in various thicknesses, that fit in a fram at the top of the toy, like a door. the "dsoor would flop to one side ofer a steel heating element and you would watch the thing until you smelt the plastic and it sagged in the middle, then you would quickly flop the "door" over to the other side, which had a mold, with little hols in it, that sat in a fram attatched to a piston, and when you flopped the door over ontop the mold you hammered at the piston's l;ever with all you were worth iuntil the plastic cooled, Then you could cut out the pieces from the now molded sheet of styrene or cleat butrate, and assemble your new "toy". I jsued that thing for years making custom canolpies for plastic fighter kits, and for Space Shiop pieces for all of out amatuer movies up intil the late 80;s when the piston rings wore out and it had no suction any more.

Man parents these days are such wimps.

Scott