Home General Discussion

New trailer - 300

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
New trailer came out for Miller's 300. Looks amazing. I hope it's as good as Sin City.

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1529799&sdm=web&qtw=480&qth=300

Replies

• SkullboX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SkullboX polycounter lvl 18
    Wow.

That looked very good. Amazing visual style where realism obviously wasn't the top priority. I hope the movie itself will have more than just those amazing visuals and doesn't rely too much on normal to slow motion footage, but this will be the first time I'm willing to check out a movie based on the visual style of the trailer. smile.gif

Except for the shot with the rhino which looked awful.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    This is about the only movie I'm really looking forward to seeing. Still seems so far away though. frown.gif
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Epic. Friggin epic. Absolutely can't wait till March.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Now that's a man's movie!
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Every frame in the 2 previews looks like works of art, truly awe-inspiring visuals.

Whos the main actor? That dude is bloody intense.

I can't wait.
  • MackXX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MackXX polycounter lvl 17
    Very nice, going to see this one.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Every frame in the 2 previews looks like works of art, truly awe-inspiring visuals.

Whos the main actor? That dude is bloody intense.

I can't wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gerard Butler, the guy who played the Phantom in newest Phantom of the Opera.

I think he also plated Beowulf in a movie about him and Grendel that never made it to the US.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Gerard Butler was also Dracula in Wes Cravens dracula 2000...
    He was also in Reign of Fire, Timeline, and the 2nd Tomb Raider movie.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Now that's a man's movie!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well really its also a chicks movie too. Almost naked ripped men does a pretty good job of drawing chicks too.

The idea of seeing it on a big screen makes me drool. I think this will replace 5th element for a little while once its on DVD for my monthly watched movie.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    every single scene looks brilliantly composed and coloured.. this movie is going to be sweet!
  • Ozymandias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ozymandias polycounter lvl 18
    I second everyone's posts. These trailers have me drooling.
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Lovelly, almost as a moving paint!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Gerard Butler- I liked him in Timeline, and Reign of Fire. Awesome actor.

This movie will be a feast for the eyes. I hope it's a great story.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, really cool style in the whole thing, and I love how much the main guy's mouth moves, it's insane!
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    This looks really cool, but I'm hoping that the over the top graphic style doesn't detract from the historical facts of the story.
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    There are so many pectoral muscles in this movie.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    OMG!!!!!
    blargh.jpg
    this movie gives me a major boner
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    I cannot even begin to fathom how BAD FRIGGEN ASS this movie is going to be...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Ryno, the graphic novel wasn't exactly historically perfect, either. The movie is based directly from the book. So if you want historical perfection, you might want to just google up Thermopylae. smile.gif

TGZ - 5th Element, hell yeah laugh.gif
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I finally found 5th Element on DVD the other day after looking for it for months, figured it would be an easy DVD to find.
    The visuals for 300 look fucking awesome and I'm hanging to see it. Anyone here read the graphic novel? Wouldn't mind picking it up before the movie comes out, just wanted to know what you thought of it.

-caseyjones
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The movie looks better than the graphic novel ever was and it was a pretty cool read. I'm having trouble picking up my jaw, that trailer was great! I really liked Millers historical rewrite and I want him to do more. If he doesn't do it, I sure hope someone else picks up the torch and carries on.

I'm a big fan of history but history+ is always way more entertaining =)

<font color="blue"> oh yeah and The 5th Element rocks. </font>
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Brilliant...this should be a treat
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    looked nice, watched it without audio however. are the dialogues as stupid and cheesy as they were in the first 300-trailer? because in the comic book, i found them to be actually cool and spot-on.
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    This looks better than the first trailer, but that isn't saying a lot. It looks slightly entertaining but it looks like a mish-mash of loads of things going on.. and why does he speak like that? It's like he's forcing himself to speak really wide-mouthed or something, looks gay.

I won't be going to the cinema to see this, but I'd watch it when it was on TV. Not sure what everyone else is seeing though.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Holy Shit!!! Now that's how you make a movie!

Idk what those creatures are but I want to see more.

Thank for the heads up on this!
    Something new to look forward to...
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ryno, the graphic novel wasn't exactly historically perfect, either. The movie is based directly from the book. So if you want historical perfection, you might want to just google up Thermopylae. smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotchya. I haven't read the graphic novel, but am very familiar with the historical side. It's just that I'm a bit torn by the whole over the top style and fanciful characters when looked at in relation to the real story.

They look friggin cool as hell, don't get me wrong. It's just that when things look this comic booked-out, it's easy to believe that 300 guys could stand against millions. People unaquainted with the Thermopylae battle will just assume it's a crazy comic book adaption.

But if you actually consider the real story, where 300 guys with families, including a king actually went out on a suicide mission to fight against one of the most massive armies that the world has ever seen to save all of Greece from destruction... It's a hell of a lot more powerful of a tale, as it was real people.

With all that being said, this movie still looks sweet.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Looks like total badassery. Definitely one of the few movies that I'll be seeing in theaters!
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
  • Jarrod1937
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarrod1937 polycounter lvl 15
    if anyone is interested below is a direct download link so you can wathc the video fullscreen.
    link to video
    sweet trailer, can't wait.
  • Ramucho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
    "SPARTANS, TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!"

Haha, can't wait!
  • wille
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wille polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    and why does he speak like that? It's like he's forcing himself to speak really wide-mouthed or something, looks gay.

I won't be going to the cinema to see this, but I'd watch it when it was on TV. Not sure what everyone else is seeing though.

[/ QUOTE ]

because he sounds awesome when he speaks like that, and I think that in a movie with half naked muscular men, speaking widely isnt what you should be worried about if you are concerned with the gayness.
    also, if you cant see that a 10 meter pile of people is total greatness(in a totally non-genocidal way ofcourse), then I can understand that you dont see the sweetness of this!
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    I saw thew whole movie back in April, (Directors close to final edit preview, held on the Warners lot, in a theater so old and stteped in history it still had the cigar smoke stains on the walls and the old style velvet theater seats,)and while at the time had FPO Special Effects and temp tracks for music, is was an excellent movie, though kind of not well concealed propaganda. Porrly concealed propaganda, but an excellent movie. I'll pay to see it this time.

YEs this 2was the movie that I worked on the PSP title for, before getting my contract ended. :-/

Scott
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott...I'm just going to assume you were in a hurry or drunk with that post...
  • noritsune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noritsune polycounter lvl 17
    it really rubs me the wrong way how everyone has these toned and "perfect" abercrombie model bodies that are entirely exposed except for the face. what is that about? I would have liked it, otherwise.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actualy you see, how 300 worked to stall 50,000, but neing smart, and using the terrain to their advantage. In the movie is't a mountain path beside the sea, only a few yards wide, and turning i9nto a litle notch with steep walls where the spartans hold most of the Persian army. I am aware of the historical battle and the equipment used, and yeah it's over the top in style, and not accurate to the history, but they do an adwquate job of the issues, and thepiece is franlly a bit propagandistic.

Scott
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    it really rubs me the wrong way how everyone has these toned and "perfect" abercrombie model bodies that are entirely exposed except for the face. what is that about? I would have liked it, otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
    jealous much?
  • noritsune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noritsune polycounter lvl 17
    not exactly. I dont think it's the most accurate choice, and it's one that sexualizes the subjects in a way that seems salacious and inappropriate. it's just my personal opinion.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In a hurry ang getting used to a new keyboard.

Scott
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    propoganda for what?
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    not exactly. I dont think it's the most accurate choice, and it's one that sexualizes the subjects in a way that seems salacious and inappropriate. it's just my personal opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the fact that they've worked out 20 hours a day since they were six years old and that doing such a thing just MIGHT produce six packs on all of the soldiers in the most elite part of the spartan army.
  • wille
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wille polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

accurate ,scmackurate, you forget that "THIS IS SPARTA!"
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I don't think I can trust anyone who tells me he doesn't like this trailer. THAT is how you fucking sell a movie ticket.