Home General Discussion

nobody saw The Fountain?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
From box office earnings it looks like nobody has seen The Fountain! $35 million to make but only made $5 million over the weekend. I saw it on Sunday and 3 people left partway into the film. I highly recommend it.

Replies

• Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    i loved it, saw it on thanksgiving,its less the norm than requiem for a dream but more so than pi. I told everyone i knew to go see it but its a idea movie so they never do well in the theaters.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    it looked a little boring from the trailers, especially when you can choose between it and the new Bond film.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I would love to see this movie, but I just haven't found the time to.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I've heard its a bit too artsy fartsy and doesnt make enough sense...
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    Some people say they like it and some say they hated it . With ticket prices + concession making it around 12-15$ /person to see a movie i'll rent it for 3 bucks when it comes out and watch it on the 40' plasma
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I've been waiting for Aronofskys next film for years. I havent made it to the theaters to see that one yet, but I think I've convinced a friend to go with me, so perhaps this weekend.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    I saw it. Enjoyed it. Had a lot of problems. Very slow film. No story. Instead of 1 movie with no story, it was 2.5 movies with no stories. All the good visuals can be seen in the trailer. Aronofsky LOVES the close-ups. I mean, when you can see the characters whole face - from hairline to chin - that's almost considered a long shot. >_<

I'd recommend it to people who were already inclined to watch it. But not in theaters. It's a total rental.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    I saw it, wasn't what I expected. But I liked it, but the tree of life juice looked like jizz.
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    yeah the Tree of Life scene is a YTMND “Skeet Skeet” scene just waiting to happen.

I loved it visually and really liked the Aztec and astronaut scenes. Everything else was a struggle to get through after a hard days work. Fell asleep 3 times.

- BoBo
  • Goober
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I saw it and really liked it. Great stuff going on with it, and the soundtrack was awesome as well. I think the complaints about no story/characters are unfounded though, it's just subtle and simple. It's a pretty personal scale really, but I think if you go in with an open mind it'll be very enjoyable. Saw it with some friends, some really disliked it and some loved it. It's interesting how the reviews are so mixed right down the middle.

It's the first movie by the director that I've seen in theaters. I almost prefer DVD at this point what with the widescreen TV's and all that. Why spend so much more going to the movies when we can get a better experience at home, with less teen girls laughing the whole time and at the end giggling about how stupid it was. That wasn't fun.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

I'd recommend it to people who were already inclined to watch it. But not in theaters. It's a total rental.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I really hope it is just not out here in Germany yet, but I got the feeling that I will be forced to watch it as a rental, as I can't find a cinema near me that even lists it as a planned movie frown.gif
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    ROFLMAO @ bobo's new avatar, for a second there I wondered why Ghost Rider double posted!

I want to see it but I'm waiting for it on DVD.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    ROFLMAO @ bobo's new avatar, for a second there I wondered why Ghost Rider double posted!

[/ QUOTE ]
    HAHAHA, yeah me too! Funny as.

The Fountain isn't out here in Australia yet... Well as far as I know, but I'm pretty keen on seeing it though.

-caseyjones
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    I saw this on Friday after a few beers. I dozed off twice. Visuals were interesting. The story was a little out there for me. The best summary of this movie I heard was that it's a student film with a $20 mill budget. Which is pretty on point.