Home General Discussion

A schooner IS a sailboat stupid head!

mod
Offline / Send Message
Geezus mod
I just came a cross this 3D Stereogram Tetris. It's on todays featured deviation page on deviantArt.com. Took me a few minutes to see it well enough to play, second time through I got a 1160. Thought I'd share. :]

Replies

• flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    I have never, EVER, been able to see anything in these damn things. All I've ever managed to get is a headache.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Lies!

A schooner is a hell of a nice (and big) mug of beer.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    ow ow ow!!!
    no can play game, brain hurt from funky focus. and now I cant type because my eyes are stuck..
    The magic eye reveal thing he has in his gallery is useful. Now I know why it always hurts my head and eyes to try and see those images.
    Based off of focus and speed of eye movement. My eyes try to hard.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    I've never gotten a headache from these. There comes a point where your eyes just relax in the back of your skull and you're no longer thinking about it. It's actually pretty relaxing to me, heh. I always got those pictures right off the bat, use to drive my mom nuts cause she would sit there for a good 10-15 minutes at one. I'd always tell her it was something else so she'd be surprised when she actually found out it was a space scene or something. :]
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    That hurts as much as this
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    He needs a pause-until-your-eyes-adjust feature. By the time I'd gotten the alignment right I was about 3 spaces away from the top. Its a neat idea though. I wouldn't have thought animated sterograms could work.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    That hurts as much as this

[/ QUOTE ]
    I can get those to pop pretty easily. Funny the cross hair doesn't translate over and kind of breaks the image if I happen to look at it. Also, its a pretty poor representation its just block-ish 3d planes terraced, that vaguely match the screen shots. Still kind of neat.

As for Tetris, for some reason my up arrow scrolls my browser up instead of rotating, kind of hard to play Tetris if you can't rotate shapes =/ Again neat idea...

My eyes do the same thing Geezus's do. At some point I'm able to relax them and look around the image almost as if it was normal. I can either unfocus my eyes or just look off. Never gotten a headache from trying too hard. I wonder if it has anything to do with prescription?

• Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    I can see it after a short while, it's just that I'm lousy as hell at tetris. And if you lose your focus for just a second, you're pretty much done for.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    I can see the Tetris just fine. But I've always had a knack for magic eye. Very impressive. I never knew real-time manipulation of magic eye images was even possible.
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    This is freakin crazy! Good find Geezus.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1816 and then I decided I should stop before my eyes stayed like that. I was getting a little too comfortable looking around the screen. confused.gif