Home General Discussion

First person RC Plane piloting!

Replies

• Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    HAHAHA! That's pretty cool.
    Just imagine going to some park and seeing a dude use that! Looking like a complete jackass with cables and shit hanging from everywhere and tilting their head aroud like crazy.
    Though it's a very cool idea.

-caseyjones
  • erik!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That was, by far, one of the coolest things i've seen in a very long time. So awesome!
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    I'm sure the military is mounting little machine guns on RC planes like this as we speak.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Am I the only one who kinda hoped (just a little) that he would fly it into himself, so he would see himself freaking out as he got bigger and bigger?
  • kakikukeko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kakikukeko polycounter lvl 17
    no I thought about it too ^^ but it's nearly what happend at the end actually, when he lands the plane next to him... (I guess the guy on the left of the screen is himself..) Quite strange feeling smile.gif
    pretty cool anyway.. Any ideas of the cost of all that , someone?
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    Just go down to your local hobby store and wack a carton of VB on the counter. He'll make you one wink.gif
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Now that's pretty badass. Looks like there's enough room on the wings for the automatic pellet gun & c02 carts crazy.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I'd love to have this, though I'd prefer a helicopter version smile.gif (Easier to hover in peoples windows laugh.gif)
  • PfhorRunner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    Flying RC helicopters is really difficult...

This seems neat, but I the I-glasses things he was wearing are discontinued, and the cheapest version out right now of something similar is around $850. The Camera is about $150-$200. There's this site:
    http://www.rc-tech.ch/web/
    which gives some info (if you can translate from french) about first person RC piloting.

Actually, you can get a far shittier product(Video Goggles) for about $600 cheaper, if you're into that type of thing.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, heli's are hard to fly in the RC world, but I'm kind of curious how much easier it may be if you were looking from the cockpit. I know it's hard when you're viewing outside and everything's reversed.
    To be honest, the only reason I never liked RC helicopters was that it was so hard to balance. You ended up so busy balancing it that you don't end up doing anything cool with it. Even the guys that were good at it, only tend to fly it a few feet in front of them. Not like planes, where they fly way up and off into the distance.