Home General Discussion

Time for a new Chair...

mod
Offline / Send Message
Geezus mod
My chair is on it's last leg. Duct tape has kept this poor thing alive for several years now, but it won't stay up anymore :[

Anyhow, I'm in the market for a new chair, and I wanted to get some recommendations. I have a fairly small budget, but I want something comfortable that won't destroy my posture like this one has. Help me out here, what do you sit on for hours upon hours each day?

Replies

• TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    All aeron, all the time. They're stupid-expensive if you get them new, but a used one on eBay can be had for a less insane price.
  • fogmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fogmann polycounter lvl 17
    Just don't buy any executive chair! I had one for a year, it was comfy leather chair, but I realized the executives probably don't do anything but sit relaxed, cause that chair is only good for watching movies. So I got a new one, it was a bit under $200, and it's task chair and I'm very happy with it. Basically, just make sure you get something that is designed for 7+ hours sitting/work and has good lumbar support. And try to find some customer reviews before you spend your dollars.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i dont know if it exists there, but Auchan has a great chair for only 69 euros and it is like the best, ill take a pic and show you !
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Did a search for Aeron. I had heard about them before...wowzers...upwards of $800 direct, $400 is the cheapest on eBay. That's a bit too pricey for me, unfortunately. :[

My currently dead chair was one of those executive chairs, comfortable as hell, but it's destroying my posture. I may go for another one, and get one of those ergonomic back pillows to place on it.

Couldn't find any info on Auchan, atleast not anything in english, hehe.

My desk is pretty high up, and my chair not staying up is reeeeaaalllyy shitty.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    dude I use a wooden kitchen table chair.

the more uncomfortable it is, and the harder the back, the better.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    troof, I like em hard. If you get a chair that's too comfy you'll probably ruin your back in the long run due to bad posture.