Home General Discussion

water fuled car

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rb_rDkwGnU

At first i figured it would be a joke, but its not.

Depending on how it works and how good that mans resolve is that design could save the US from going broke. In 50 years the US will not be the major power in the world. Devices and ideas like this are the things that once made this country into the super power we all still think we are.

Think about it, American no longer having to trade with country's that either hate us or have dictators. All that money thats given to them to keep them happy, thats over 15 billion each year that could be put back into schools to help kids learn enough to think up even more and better ideas. Just think about it, one device could revive this country before anyone even realised that it was even dieing.

Replies

• animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    awesome. I hope that's all real and goes through
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    if only the internet was about for home publishing ideas when the first batch of water powered cars were invented then anahilated by the powers that be.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thats what i mean by how strong his resolve is, if its weak then he will sell his idea to the oil company's and they will sit on it until hell freezes over. If hes got a strong one then he doesn't sell it and he becomes a billionaire in the next 25 years.

As for the oil company's dieing and taking us with them, it wouldn't happen as i said before they have lots of patents that they own to keep them afloat in cases like this. Also they make more than enough money on oil for lubrication and plastics to stick around for some time. Some would go under over time but they would take anything with them because at that point they will be buying out each other so it would be mergers.

That tech would allow new water heaters that could power your house. So this would also save us from needing coal, which is owned by the oil company's, so again no big deal to them.
  • Leech
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leech polycounter lvl 18
    Let's hope it doesn't need clean water to run. Because then we are screwed.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha, not really heat up water and it turns to steam which is just h2o, then collect it and your done. So all it would take is some clean water to start it with to make more clean water...

All depending on how that works though.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    that's awesome..I wonder how much money they are going to pay him to destroy it
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    I saw this video a few months ago... I also found this discussion on the topic (along with some other stuff about this technology as it applies to cutting torches, which have been around for decades), and I have my doubts about the legitimacy of this guy's claims. Sounds like a pipedream to me, unfortunately.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keyser, my guess is its a pipe dream. Any time you read the words all you need is "X" to create power and its emission is "X" kinda gives it away. As soon as i typed the last post i realized thats what it was... Still an idea like this is still what we need.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    It's not all hopeless. I saw this thing on the Discovery Channel about some energy research project that was in development. Unfortunately it's way behind schedule, a few decades from completion, and WAY, WAY over budget. I only caught the end of the show, and I don't remember a whole lot about it, but I think it had something to do with focusing light (from a bunch of high-powered lasers or something) onto some kind of material with an infinitesimally small surface area. Don't remember much else, but it had a whole team of physicists working on it and not just some average Joe making incredible claims.

Anyway, if the project is successful, they would be able to generate an immense amount of energy without using combustible fuels.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    that would be the zero point Fussion experiement using sound waves in water.

doesn't work, saw it on TV
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    he mentions water and electricity, I wonder how much power it takes for the electrolysis, and if its a lot less than an actual motor would require?
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    he mentions water and electricity, I wonder how much power it takes for the electrolysis, and if its a lot less than an actual motor would require?

[/ QUOTE ]

The amount of power requiered is not that important, the problem with electricity is storing it.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    This isn't the Stan Meyer invention is it? (YouTube is blocked at work)
    If so, you may want to check out this: http://waterpoweredcar.com/stanmeyer.html

Supposedly he was poisoned.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    In 50 years the US will not be the major power in the world.

Just think about it, one device could revive this country before anyone even realised that it was even dieing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're oversimplifying just a bit. Alternative fuel options have been a topic of exploration for a while, the oil problem is not something people aren't aware of.
  • Whargoul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    This is bogus.

[ QUOTE ]
    Lisa! Get in here. In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!

[/ QUOTE ]
  • FightingChance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FightingChance polycounter lvl 17
    This technically works; the issue at hand is the electricity needed for the catalytic reaction is so immense that it negates using the water in the first place - you'd be consuming energy in a manner even less efficient than traditional combustion.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I wonder if you could 'wee' in your tank if your car ran of of water?
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Practical application of this might be best used with solar (& wind/water etc) collecting electric applications. You would need a pretty complex setup so it wouldn't be that practical for the do-it-yourselfers..well maybe the hardcore ones. You would need an HHO machine plus the solar-electric system which is already very costly.

This might be a good way to ease the transition from combustion engines to electric motors in vehicles since practically every transport vehicle that exists and the whole manufacturing infrastructure is combustion-based.