Home General Discussion

gears of war on the 7th???

seantree
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
seantree polycounter lvl 18
Has anyone else heard this? Read that if you preordered you get it 5 days early. Called my local gamestop and of course they had no idea. Anyone have confirmation?

Replies

• BIOS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BIOS polycounter lvl 18
    ebgames says it ships on 11/7.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    taken from gears of war forum

[ QUOTE ]
    Nov 7th game ships, EB games and Gamestop stores will have copies on the 8th for sale.

Nov 12th Walmart, Bestbuy and all other stores that sell games will have their copies.

The "official" day is the 12th but that's only because every store should have available copies then.

They're basically giving stores a week of shipping to get their shipments.

[/ QUOTE ]

BIOS: Zio & ArcadiaVincennes are sitting behind me, want me to smack them from you wink.gif
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    wow, i am so suprised that i havent seen more ads for this, thats like 2 weeks away. i know hardcore gamers will know but i thought microsoft would have a huge ad campaign for this.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    yeah we had to say the 12th to ensure that it was everywhere , but lots of places will have it on the 7th!

theres a new video of it on 360 live now btw, you ought to take a look.

r.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    oh wow. I was told ebgames had it listed for the 7th, but I don't trust ebgames dates for release as there have been more than several occasions where it was very wrong.

Oh well I don't even have a 360 so...you know.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I simply can't wait. Ror, you and the guys at Epic are just too damn good smile.gif (except for Mark Rein...:))
    I'll be standing in line for this one.
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    The bigger retailers have trucks waiting at the manufacturing facilities so their stores will actually have it on the ship date of the 7th, while smaller ones have to wait for their shipments to arrive. So every store will have it by the 12th, but some will have it on the 7th.

Frank the Avenger
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, this looks like the game that could sell lots of 360's.
    Im actually thinking of buying one now. with a hdtv.
    sssssss ouch!