Home General Discussion

Hunt for botched paramilitary raids in your town!

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
http://www.cato.org/raidmap/

This infuriates me. No-Knock raids are out of control. There is no reason for 44,000 uses of Swat teams in the past 20 years. Maybe in Kosovo, but not in the US.

Here's from my hometown, Richmond, VA.

Christie Green.

In December 1998, police in Richmond, Virginia conduct a paramilitary drug raid on an apartment suspected of drug activity. During the raid, Sgt. George Ingram fires a "breaching round" shotgun shell -- intended to blow the locks off of doors -- into the door leading to the apartment's kitchen. Ingram fires five rounds, one of which goes through the door and strikes 18-year-old Christie Green in the chest. Green later dies from her injuries.

Green didn't live at the apartment, and police concede they had no reason to believe she was involved in any drug activity, nor that she knew any was going on in the apartment. Green's family sued both the city of Richmond and the manufacturer of the round, which is designed to dissolve on impact. In 2002, a circuit court jury found that the manufacturer of the round wasn't liable for Green's death. Then, in 2004, a judge in Richmond found that the officer who fired the round wasn't liable, either. Meaning that an innocent woman was killed in a botched raid, and no one was assigned responsibility.

In March 2005, the Virginia State Supreme Court reinstated the case against the city and the officer, ruling that a jury, not a judge, should make the determination of liability. In January 2006, a jury found Officer Ingram grossly negligent in the raid, and awarded the Green family $1.5 million in damages.

Post ridiculous uses of Swat teams in your hometown!

poop.gif

Replies

• Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    aw man, there wasn't even one in my entire state.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, I doubt that map is complete yet. I leave near Detroit and there was only two incidents in Michigan and neither were in Detroit. I can't believe there aren't any more than that... there are also two other nasty cities nearby
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I elect this as the worse Florida story:

Richard Brown.

After a tip from an informant stating that he was selling drugs from his home, a Miami SWAT team bursts into the home of 73-year-old retired salesman Richard Brown, and immediately begins firing.

By the end of the raid, they'd pumped 123 rounds into Brown and his apartment, killing him at the scene. Brown's 14-year-old great-granddaughter was also home at the time of the raid, and cowered in the bathroom during the gunfire.

Police found no drugs in Brown's home.

The city of Miami would later pay a $2.5 million settlement to Brown's estate after officers on the raiding SWAT team were indicted for lying about the details of the raid.

Former Miami Internal Affairs supervisor and 25-year police veteran John Dalton, now retired, told the Miami Herald that the Internal Affairs supervisor at the time of the raid, William O'Brien, discouraged a thorough investigation of the Brown case. "They were very defensive about this shooting from the beginning," Dalton said, adding that he'd been "chewed out" by O'Brien for asking difficult questions.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Robin Pratt.

In March 1992, police in Everett, Washington storm the home of Robin Pratt on a no-knock warrant. They are looking for her husband, who would later be released when the allegations in the warrant turned out to be false.

Though police had a key to the apartment, they instead choose to throw a 50-pound battering ram through the apartment's sliding-glass door. Glass shards land inches away from the couple's six-year-old daughter and five-year-old niece. One officer encounters Robin Pratt on the way to her bedroom. Hearing other SWAT team members yell "Get down!" Pratt falls to her knees. She then raises her head briefly to say, "Please don't hurt my children." At that point, Deputy Anthony Aston fires his weapon, putting a bullet in her neck, killing her.

Officers next entered the bedroom, where Dep. Aston then put the tip of his MP-5 assault submachine gun against Larry Pratt's head. When Pratt asked if he could move, another officer said that if he did, he'd have his head blown off.

Though a subsequent investigation by a civilian inquest jury found the shooting "unjustified," the officer who shot and killed Pratt was never charged.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seeing all the red markers (meaning inoccents killed) it just goes to renforce my fear that cops shoot first and ask questions later.

I remeber hearing about this one... Only she didn't die instantly she bled to death when it was possible to save her life IF police had reacted as quickly as they shot her.

Robin Pratt.

In March 1992, police in Everett, Washington storm the home of Robin Pratt on a no-knock warrant. They are looking for her husband, who would later be released when the allegations in the warrant turned out to be false.

Though police had a key to the apartment, they instead choose to throw a 50-pound battering ram through the apartment's sliding-glass door. Glass shards land inches away from the couple's six-year-old daughter and five-year-old niece. One officer encounters Robin Pratt on the way to her bedroom. Hearing other SWAT team members yell "Get down!" Pratt falls to her knees. She then raises her head briefly to say, "Please don't hurt my children." At that point, Deputy Anthony Aston fires his weapon, putting a bullet in her neck, killing her.

Officers next entered the bedroom, where Dep. Aston then put the tip of his MP-5 assault submachine gun against Larry Pratt's head. When Pratt asked if he could move, another officer said that if he did, he'd have his head blown off.

Though a subsequent investigation by a civilian inquest jury found the shooting "unjustified," the officer who shot and killed Pratt was never charged.

Sources:

Jolayne Houtz, "Suit filed against city, county in SWAT death -- Officers also named in Everett shooting," Seattle Times, October 16, 1992.

Rick Anderson, "License to Kill," Seattle Weekly, November 3, 1999.

March 24, 1992
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i'm trying to find a news artical on the armed raid i was involved in, during my time with the royal marines. i dont know if it will come up though, as no innocents were harmed.

i'll keep looking. but i would like to point out, that being at the opposite end of the gun offers a completely different perspective, and while im not trying to justify any actions that have led to innocent casualties. in a lot of cases, you are trained to deal with any resistance firmly, so that they will not offer any threat later, unfortunately, a lot of people are under the impression, that this means "shoot them, and worry about them if they are alive later".
    that kind of thing shouldnt happen, there are so many ways to disarm/immobilise someone, without shooting them, and definately without shooting them somewhere lethal.

but this is one thats sparked a lot of interest over here (England).
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4711619.stm
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    ok ok ok .. now i dont want to sound like a jackass, but i think you may realize that more often than not it would be the fault of intel and not the individual cop who is trained to exercize his authority ..

Law enforcement has to put up with a lot of hostile activity so it isnt surprising for them to be very wary of any individual, regardless child, woman or man..

They are not supposed to be your friendly neighbourhood postmen, they enforce the law with deadly force and can exercize that right under suitable circumstances.

Cops dont individually perform raids at leizure, they are relying on intel and following orders. If they are given the task of raiding a place, do you expect them to ask questions and try to reason with possible criminals ? No, they have already settled with the fact that there is a chance of a hostile resistance and criminal activity.

When the shit hits the fan, i think i'd rather have the policeman who is armed and is not hesitant to use force in hostile environments.

They are making a forced entry for god;s sakes of course there is a high chance of physical confrontation amist all the confusion and noise .. How easy do you think it is to evaluate who is an enemy and who is an innocent in less than a nanosecond?

Dont put the blame on the cops, put the blame on incompetent intel..

Lastly, i find that people exercise too much of their freedom when coming in contact with law enforcement, thinking that living in a free country allows you to do what you please. If a police officeer pulled you over, or stopped you, or is questioning you there is no reason not to cooperate, he's the man in the uniform for gods sakes. You cooperate or else.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    The king county area of Washington has a LOT of raids for Marijuana. Some of which were flawed because the state permits the medical use of marijuana. Now I understand if you're taking down a cocaine dealer, but why are they ramming in with SWAT teams to arrest a marijuana user?!
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    The SWAT team busts into an innocent man's apartment and fills him full of lead but don't blame them, they were just following orders.

[ QUOTE ]
    The king county area of Washington has a LOT of raids for Marijuana. Some of which were flawed because the state permits the medical use of marijuana. Now I understand if you're taking down a cocaine dealer, but why are they ramming in with SWAT teams to arrest a marijuana user?!

[/ QUOTE ]

You crazy pothead, haven't you ever heard of Reefer Madness, we must protect the children!
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    I was reading through that site a couple weeks ago. I'm gonna' move to Canada. tongue.gif
  • PfhorRunner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    Well... Now some places in washington supposedly Marijuana is to be the least enforced crime. Lowest Priority. As in, they should go after J-Walkers and people who don't use their blinker before they arrest someone for smoking or possessing marijuana.
    Why don't they storm someone's house and shoot up some people because they allegedly J-walked on the afternoon of the third?! ooo.gif
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    god damn... this makes me sick, i agree hollowmind, canada sounds better every day.

Cheryl Lynn Noel.

January 21, 2005—MD

Baltimore County, Maryland police descend on a home in the Dundalk neighborhood at around 5 a.m. on a narcotics warrant. They deploy a flashbang grenade, then quickly subdue the first-floor occupants -- a man and two young adults.

When officers enter the second-floor bedroom of Cheryl Llynn Noel, they break open the door to find the middle-aged woman in her bed, frightened, and pointing a handgun at them. One officer fires three times. Noel dies at the scene.

Friends and acquaintances described Noel as "a wonderful person," who ran a Bible study group on her lunch breaks. One man collected 200 signatures from friends, neighbors, and coworkers vouching for her character.

Officers conducted the raid after finding marijuana seeds in the Noels' garbage can.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll says Canada is a magical, happy land where nothing ever goes wrong and excessive force doesn't exist!

But in all seriousness, it was very depressing reading through that site. In the area I live I actually have much, much more fear of the police than a burglar or any other criminal. I understand it's a very stressful job and at times they're putting their lives on the line. But this is a bit much.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I see both sides of the coin and its tough.

On one side, the cops don't want to give "subjects" the chance to arm themselves, put up a fight or flee.

On the otherside what the hell do you expect people to do when you bust thier down in unanouced. Of course a gun owner is going to roll out of bed reaching for thier piece. They are breaking into someones house and not anoucing who or what they are doing.

I guess it really falls back on the cops, once they are in they should very vocal about who they are and what people should do if they don't wish to be killed. I wonder how many of these killing are accidental as in the cops go in with fingers on triggers (as they should be trained NOT to) and get startled?

Why go after pot heads instead of harder ciminals? If you where a cop which place would you like to bust into? A pot heads home where they might not realize what is going on until after they placed thier one phone call, or some place with real danger?
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is what the cops wear protective gear for. I know it's not 100% effective but I'd much rather the cops taking a second to be positive the subject is armed and going to shoot than have them killing unarmed, innocent victims by mistake. I'd like to see innocent until proven guilty applied more often. =/ Too many "maybe" situations happening these days.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Seeing all the red markers (meaning inoccents killed) it just goes to renforce my fear that cops shoot first and ask questions later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind, the map represents a 20-year span.
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    haha wow, this year not that long ago in my hometown...

Kenneth Jamar

On the morning of June 27, 2006, a SWAT team forcibly enters the home Kenneth Jamar, a man in his 50's suffering from gout. Police say Jamar confronted them with a weapon, causing them to open fire. Jamar would be hospitalized in critical condition with multiple gunshot wounds. Family members dispute the officers' account of the raid, noting Jamar's infirm status, and that the man "couldn't get up to make himself a ham sandwich."

Police were looking Jerome Wallace, wanted on drug conspiracy chargers. Jamar is the Wallace's uncle, but Wallace does not live with Jamar, and never has.

The police later picked up Jerome Wallace at the scene as he watched his uncle being taken to the hospital.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This one really eats at me:

Kenneth Baulch.

On February 14, 1991, police storm the mobile home of 26-year-old Kenneth Baulch. Baulch is asleep with his 17-month-old son when police wearing all black clothes and ski masks break into the trailer.

Police first confront Baulch's brother, Michael Baulch, Jr. They were acting on an informant's tip that there were drugs in the apartment. According to a lawsuit later filed by the family, Michael Baulch tried to warn police that his brother and nephew were asleep, but was told, "Shut your fucking mouth, or I'll blow your fucking brains out."

The same officer then kicked down the bedroom door and immediately fired three shots, hitting Kenneth Baulch in the back, killing him. Baulch was holding an ashtray in his left hand. Police say he used it to attack the officer, though Baulch's family says he's right-handed, a smoker, and that subsequent investigations show Baulch was walking away from the door when he was shot.

Michael Baulch was charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession, the only charge to result from the raid. A subsequent internal affairs and grand jury investigation found no wrongdoing on the part of the officer who shot Kenneth Baulch.

It makes me sick. Even IF he did assault the officer with an ash tray why would they need to shoot him? It's fucking ridiculous. How hard is it to take down a guy armed with a fucking ash tray??? How is a cop not found guilty of any wrong-doing when he's probably wearing a bullet-proof vest and other protective gear and he's only faced by a guy holding an ash tray and he shoots him??? Insane.
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    CRAZY!

Erdman Bascomb.

In February 1988, police in Seattle, Washington conduct a late-night drug raid on the home of 41-year old Erdman Bascomb after an informant tells them there's cocaine inside.

Police knock on Bascomb's door, wait just a few seconds, then force the door open with a battering ram. Officer Bob Lisoski confronts Bascomb in the darkened apartment, mistakenly believes Bascomb to be holding a gun, and shoots him dead. Bascomb was holding only the remote control for his television.

Police found no drugs or weapons in Bascomb's home. In 1995, a federal jury found no wrongdoing on the part of Seattle police, and awarded Bascomb's family no damages.
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    even worse:

Salvador Hernandez.

On August 2, 1996, police storm the home of 62-year-old Salvator Hernandez on a drug raid. The raid is part of a broader raid that morning involving 47 police officers and federal agents.

Hernandez, who is nearly deaf, is making breakfast for himself and his friend, 54-year old Bortolo Pineda.

According to police, as they entered the home, Hernandez took the knife he was using to make breakfast and "lunged" at them with a "menacing" look on his face. According to Pineda, Hernandez didn't hear the police shouts, and had turned to get some sausage from the refrigerator. Police opened fire, and hit Hernandez in the chest five times, killing him.

Hernandez was a farmworker described by friends and his employer as a "good man," and a "good worker." He had no criminal record, and in fact had been a police officer in Mexico before coming to America. He was a grandfather of 21 and a great-grandfather of one. There were no drugs on his person or in his system.

Just days later, a grand jury would clear the raiding officers of all charges, ruling that they had reason to believe their lives were in danger.

Salem police pointedly refused to apologize for Hernandez's death.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    maybe it was dark and he onely saw someone coming at him with something, this info is from the lawsuit the family fired and no telling how things actualy happened,, i'm not saying the cops were in the right,, because really i have no idea what happened,, for all i know the cops kicked the guy down and shot him in cold blood, but only one that know for sure are the peoplw who were there. and if you can believe them or not

cops may wear protective gear,, but they ar not in tanks, and they are only people.. some are people that are cruel heartless bastards,, and others are people who may get scared for their lives. its hard to judge without knowing. also as far as i know anytime the police break in they do it yelling POLICE and then directions,, its not really like a sneak attack,
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's another site that talks about the same kinds of incidents:

http://theagitator.com/

I found some more articles linked from that site with more detailed info on some of the raids listed on the map.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayerthorpe_Incident

ok just to shed some light, there is no question that drugs and armed criminals are interconnected.

Marijuana growers or any other drug distributors arent light hearted peace loving people trying to make a buck, they are criminals and they make big bucks so naturally they are armed and dangerous ..

There's a somber beginning to all these articles "according to a tip from an informant"
    Put yourself in the position of an armed operative. You're to perform a drug raid and expect armed resistance, you see a person pointing something at you and not listening to your orders... Are you going to sit down and comtemplate? At times like these, it's either you or them ....

They already got a certain mindset according to the intel from the start, little blame should be put on the officers and total blame on the idiocy that this police intelligence is ..
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    It's not on that map but up here near seattle not long ago I remember seeing a story of an 18yr old boy who had drank to much at a party. His friends called the police and said that he was suicidal. About 30 of his friends and his family were there . The police show up . They have guns with rubber bullets but decide to use live rounds . They tell the suicidal kids who has threatend no one except himself to drop the knife he is holding . The kid is drunk and upset refuses to drop the knife . So with all his friends and family watching the police officers shoot the kid 6 times including 1 shot in the head . It mad me so sick . I have no respect for the American police force . 99% of police are bullies and it's a good ol boys club were they cover each others backs even when there is obviously a psychopath in there midsts. Sad thing is your average citizen still keeps voting in city officials who turn a blind eye to police corruption .
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    So are there any sites talking about the people whose lives were saved by cops, or the cops killed on the job trying to serve the public.. or is only the horror stories like these that ever get published to rile up the masses?
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    you lot have it easy.

in the Uk some geezer was shot and killed by armed police for carrying a table-fucking-leg home in a plastic bag. (armed police are deployed in the UK, normal cops don't carry guns)

In Japan it gets weirder, especially the stories of cops shooting THEMSELVES by accident! Face it, guns are for killing, cops shouldn't have them.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flaagan, yes, sites like these are made to piss people off. To rile up the masses. That's the first step for changes to be made to hopefully lessen incidences like these in the future.

And here you go, a site chronicling cops killed in the line of duty:

http://www.nleomf.com/TheMemorial/lineofduty.htm

Google turns up loads of sites for that. Now a site chronicling lives saved by cops is a lot harder to find. Seems even the cops themselves don't care to tell those stories.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    you lot have it easy.

in the Uk some geezer was shot and killed by armed police for carrying a table-fucking-leg home in a plastic bag. (armed police are deployed in the UK, normal cops don't carry guns)

[/ QUOTE ]

yep not to mention Jean Charles de Menezes, being gunned down for being a bit dodgy.

but i think were lucky in the UK the main police dont carry arms, guns are kinda illegal, and we dont get as much problems as across the water, but its going to get worse here, i live in Mossside manchester, and gun crimes getting worse, the bookies across from my old house was robbed by blokes with guns 3 times in one and a half years. got quite a regular experience having a cop knock on the door toi see if we knew/saw anything.

i agree that cops shouldnt have guns, nor should the general public, but i see an arms race happening as the crims arm themselves better, the cops will need to etc etc
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Not sure if it's been said yet, but I'd just like to chime in that it's not really fair to look at just the bad. It's the natural thing to do, to pick at everything those with authority do, but they've done an aweful lot of good too. And put their own lives on the line to do it.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    At least most of these incidents were accidental or at least bad judgement. Where I come from the policy is shoot first, questions invole too much paperwork. I was at a frinds house one night and we had a burglar, so, my friend got out his 9mm and went to the livingroom and shot the guy in the leg. The burglar promptly fell to the ground and put his hands over his head. He couln't have been more than 14 or 15. We called the cops and after about 2 hours they finaly pitched. The officer in charge walked up to the kid, drew his gun and shot him in the head. He then LAUGHED and joked that it was less paperwork. The kid turned out to be my friends gardeners son, still a thief but come on.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Cops die because they signed up for a dangerous job. I didn't when I'm sleeping at home at my house. I'd rather see ten dead SWAT members than a single dead innocent person. Yes I hold the the officials that sent them in equally responsible, but it was the police officer that pulled the trigger, and many of these cases sound like the cops were trigger happy. They swore an oath to protect, so they need to hesitate, make double and triple sure that the person is indeed holding a gun, and is shooting at them before opening fire. Plenty of these cases the person either had nothing at all on them, or was totally in their right to have a gun pointed at an unanounced armed invader to their home.

Cops have saved lives? That's well and good, but frankly that's their job. They don't get a carte blanche to shoot innocent civilians one day, because the previous seven they were doing good.

poop.gif
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Face it, guns are for killing, cops shouldn't have them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, that wouldn't quite work in the United States. You have to understand, we have an armed populous. This isn't Japan, where it's harder to get a shotgun than an original Picasso.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man, the more i read about this stuff, the more i love living in portugal. wink.gif
    Whenever i see a movie where cops poullover cars because they were speeding or something, makes me laugh because in here, that sure as hell wont happen. I mean. whenever i see a cop car on the road, i try to pass it over. lol soo cool. altho. you are all saying bad about them shoting people and not get charged, in here, being a cop is a really bad job, cause you have to pay for everything that you wreck, for example, if you dent your cop car you have to pay for it, if you ruin your cop suit you also have to pay for it. the other day on tv i saw that every cop only get a year like 40bullets of ammo to train, exceding that number they have to pay for it. If they shoot someone in here, they open an investigation right away to see if they had to shoot and stuff like that. its true, but sucks to be a cop in portugal. fortunate for me, im not a cop. so horray!
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, I can't even imagine cops being like that. What's the crime rate like in Portugal?
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    god i love cops. my cousin was beat down and then butally raped with a nightstick after getting a soda late one nite, the cop said he looked like he was trying to break into the machine.

glad to know a stick up the ass is what you get for looking like your about to do something. makes me feel really safe to know my sodas are free from people that look like they might be doing something to them. he went to cort the cop got nothing, my cousin got a ruptured colon, a broken collar bone, 47 stitches in his face, head and leg.
    he will not even drink soda to this day.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I think we need to slow down on the whole "cops are shitty!" stereotyping just a bit here folks. There are many cops who do their job right and aren't trigger happy. But like with any position of power, there are plenty of corrupt assholes who abuse it.
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    Ebagg this is a thread about how shitty some cops are . I mean ive had good run-ins with cops . I had a cop let me and my friend go after my friend was driving with No License , No Insurence , Expired tags and he had a bench warrect for speeding tickets . The cop just said he better " get that all taken care of " . Now he was a cool cop but I have 10 horrible cop experiences for every decent cop run-in.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ebagg this is a thread about how shitty some cops are . I mean ive had good run-ins with cops . I had a cop let me and my friend go after my friend was driving with No License , No Insurence , Expired tags and he had a bench warrect for speeding tickets . The cop just said he better " get that all taken care of " . Now he was a cool cop but I have 10 horrible cop experiences for every decent cop run-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would argue that if the cop let your friend go with all that against him, the cop isn't a good cop. laugh.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    At least most of these incidents were accidental or at least bad judgement. Where I come from the policy is shoot first, questions invole too much paperwork. I was at a frinds house one night and we had a burglar, so, my friend got out his 9mm and went to the livingroom and shot the guy in the leg. The burglar promptly fell to the ground and put his hands over his head. He couln't have been more than 14 or 15. We called the cops and after about 2 hours they finaly pitched. The officer in charge walked up to the kid, drew his gun and shot him in the head. He then LAUGHED and joked that it was less paperwork. The kid turned out to be my friends gardeners son, still a thief but come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the cop didn't get jailed for murder? Man, that fucker should've been executed on the spot.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    Xaltar : i dont believe your story.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha my redonkulous reply was ment as a retort to his off the wall the story, mine is totally fake, i was hoping obiously fake and someone would get the joke, and people would just start posting utter nonsense. but i guess butt raping cops isnt too far fetched. i will try harder next time!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    lol, actually in New York there was an investigation into a guy getting ass raped with a plunger, so I think people are more willing to accept your story wink.gif
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    If people have one bad encounter with a cop, it always ends up "All of the stupid pigs are just out to abuse their power and mess with people!"

But of all the cops that I know, (most of whom have been through a lot of shit) not one of them says "All of the stupid civilians are just out to abuse us cops and mess with people!"

And I can guarantee you that each of those cops has had to deal with more shithead civilians than any of you have had to deal with shithead cops.

Seriously, there are probably less bad cops out there than you think. It's just those inglorious few who stand out, and spawn websites like the one that started this whole thing. Damn straight that these few should face repurcussions. But don't blame them all, because a lot of them do their job well and are decent people.