Home General Discussion

December vacation:Rome or Paris?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
Hey there im gonna be taking a vacation and i was wondering about opinions from people who have been to either of these cities?

At the moment Paris is cheaper but Rome has its draws too. What are some of you guys past experiences?

Replies

• Sa74n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sa74n polycounter lvl 18
    paris is nice. stayed there for a night, sleeping on a bench in front of the eiffel tower before continuing to spain by train smile.gif its got some awesome cafes. havent been to rome tho so thats probably nice aswell.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm, Paris is a very nice city in the summer, but in december? The Louvre (spelling?) alone is worth visiting though, and it will take at least a full day to see most of it.
    The weather is more likely to be a bit better in Rome of course, but most of the archiological site are openair, so that kind of sucks in the winter, too.
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Never went to Rome but is my top places to visit for sure, actually is the first place i want to go when i get the oportunoty to travel... Paris is nice too, went there for a few days a couple years ago, but i got kinda disapointed with it anyways. Let's say, i was expecting a lot more, but it is worth going anyways (i miss the Louvre so that may be one of the causes of my minor disapoinment).

Some outstanding views and cafes and restaurants that are well worth to see.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Rome is nice. I remember it being sometimes sunny and warm even in November.

There were some really great places to eat in Rome. Some of the best food I had was from little mom & pop "fast food" style places. They serve ready to eat pizza and stuff.

Lots of cool stuff to see in rome, and all over the city, so you don't have to be stuck in a building all day.

Italians don't seem to hate Americans.
  • Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    Never been to Paris, but Rome is definetly awesome. The range of stuff to see is huge, and every church, even the small non-touristic ones, are works of art. The Vatican is a must-see-at-least-once-in-a-lifetime.

Keep in mind though that around the monuments and famous touristic places, it's still a city. A lot of people get disappointed because they imagine it as a clean and cozy place, while it's in reality a world city with traffic, dirt and graffiti. I imagine that pretty much being the same for Paris.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    I was born in Paris smile.gif (hmm, maybe Per and I are related!)...

I've never been to Rome, so can't compare the two but my gut (which has more nerve endings than the brain) suggests Rome for your visit.