Home General Discussion

Vancouver Meetup

Keg
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Keg polycounter lvl 18
Date: October 14th (subject to change)

Figuring more of a day event this time around. There's an exibition at science world called body worlds I think most would be interested in seeing.

http://www.scienceworld.ca/bodyworlds/

Plan at the moment is body worlds followed by dinner and brews someplace (not sure where yet. post suggestions)

Basically tis to tie in with flaagan's road trip up north. post thoughts and such. suggestions for a different day or something else to do are welcome. More information once available.

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    The exibition sounds great. I'm down for the date and the time.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Sounds great to me. Me and my girl just saw the body works ad on the back of a bus and were talking about how it looked cool, so I'd be down with checking it out.. Brews after are essential though. laugh.gif
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    I will most likely be working extensive over time during October as we are trying to finish our game, so I will appear for the dinner and drinks as usual.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    If anyone needs / wants my cell # or needs to get me contact info, pm / email me ASAP.
  • Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Looks like I don't have any classes on Saturday. Would love to go grin.gif
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    right now i'm thinking meet up outside of science world at 2pm on the saturday then go grab some food someplace nearby (not sure where so suggestions are welcome).

not sure of the numbers of people yet. there's flaagan, adam, tulkamir, and me so far.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sounds great to me. I have class Saturday morning, so 2pm works great.
  • Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Aww.. a Saturday morning class, Mitch? Lame :P

Unless something comes up, I can be there by 2pm as well.
  • DeathKitten
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathKitten polycounter lvl 18
    oooooh Body Worlds is amazing! I spent 3 hours there last night looking at plasticised cadavers and am sooo very much looking forward to going again! I should be able to make it for Saturday afternoon but if not I'll be there for the drinks... the more the better crazy.gif

-DK =^..^=
  • Penzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Penzer polycounter lvl 17
    Saturday works for me, no classes that day. So we meet outfront of Science World at 2pm on Saturday the 14th? See you guys there
  • Phobos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phobos polycounter lvl 18
    If joi eases up on the sanwhich orders I'll show up. I've always wanted to see this exhibit.
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    So is it this saturday october 7th? If so where will you mofo's be drinking after looking at the naked men?
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    october 14th malcom.

as for where to drink i'm not sure. gavimage suggested original joes, but i'm thinking a place accessable to everyone from skytrain would work better. so possibly the Sammy J Peppers again, though someplace else would be nice.

AGAIN suggestions on places would be nice otherwise i'll decide for everyone.
  • Penzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Are we going to need to purchase tickets ahead of time? I saw a poster the other night saying to purchase your tickets, just wondering if we need to get them ahead of time.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    I'll phone science world about that tomorrow.

as for dinner/drinks i'm saying the sammy j peppers again. not too hard to get to from science world plus easy for skytrain for others afterwards.

http://www.sjpeppers.com/locations.html (kingsway location)

any disagreements? plus no canucks game that night so it won't be packed.
  • Penzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sammy's works for me, but I'm open to anywhere. Let us know what they said when you called them, maybe we can get a fieldtrip deal hahaha.
  • Whargoul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    Yo dudes, I'm in. I probably won't go to Body Worlds, since I was just there (I went the day after I came back from my vacation).

Booze, I am in for though, woot!
  • Penzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Their website says entry is 25$ to see the models, and then another 5 if we want to see the movie. It says that groups can get it for 22$, but we phone in ahead of time. I called to get the info and starting times for the Imax movie, but the offices are closed on weekends frown.gif

It looks really interesting, what time should we meet up at?
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Owch, 30 bucks? Might have to skip that, it's a bit hefty of a price for me. :P
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    then plan so far is 2 until ? for body worlds and then meet up at sammy j peppers around 7pm as is the standard. i'll be at sammy j's from 6pm just to ensure a spot plus to get some dinner smile.gif

I'm personally just interested in body worlds, not so much the imax movie so that can be left up to people and how much time is remaining and etc.
  • Penzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I mixed up my schedule for school! I have class saturday from 1-5, not sunday 1-5 frown.gif

That means no body works for me either, but drinks are always good.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heads up, Canada! Flaagan's hitting the border tomorrow (monday). INCOMING!
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Repeating what I said in my trip thread...

[ QUOTE ]
    OK, up in Canada. I had a rather amusing experience at the border I'll tell the cannuckistanians about first and then tell the rest of you. Currently no wifi that I can leach off of here, but trying to push the relatives I'm staying with to get a broadband connection ASAP. They want my input on getting a new laptop / pc, as well as a net connection, so I'm trying to push the issue so I can get a secure network (and a net connection for me) set up before too long. For those of you up here in Canada, calling me is currently the quickest way to get ahold of me.

[/ QUOTE ]
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    ok so to clarify..

Today meet @ 2PM outside of Science world? I'm bringing people from work and possibly Gail.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think I'll make Science World, what time are we meeting at Sammy J's?
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
  • Penzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm gonna do my best to make it there, but things are looking like I won't be able to make it anymore frown.gif

The girlfriend ended up getting the weekend off work, so she's in town visiting me. I'll try to talk her into going, but she might pull the "She ferried over for the weekend so I should only be with her and not my friends when she's in town" card on me. If not, have a blast you guys and make sure to down a few brews for me.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Uhm, bring her?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, I missed body works due to the area's absolutely $#!+ parking setup. I'm sorry, but for a city with twice the space of san fran they really dont have jack for public parking in areas that should have bucketloads. That rant aside, I hope those of you that went had a really good time.

I ended up heading back to the Surrey area, but got a phone call from DK right after I got off at 15, pulled off to the side of the road, and while I was on the phone with her a whole bunch of cop cars went racing by. After I got off the phone with DK I headed back up 15 towards 1, and had to stop... cops on the side of the road with guns drawn. Didn't find out what was goin on, but doubled back to take an alternate route around to the 1.

Went on over to Sammy J's and hung out there til about 8, and then cruised on over to Tim Horton's for some coffee and donuts and chatting.

Had a good evening after the body works fiasco, thanks guys.

By the way, I'll be sticking around this area for most of the week.
  • Whargoul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    I forgot, sorry dudes! I was even sitting around last night bored, trying to think of something to do.