Home General Discussion

Awesome, Bully has 100 hours of gameplay!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
Why else would a Florida court ask for 100 hours of gameplay footage. I'm pretty sure you can guess what psychologically unstable attorney is behind this.

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    "For example, when the issue of force feedback in relation to heads being driven over by cars was raised, one of them stood up and shouted "Like a speed bump!""

LOL, nice defense team.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    I thought Mr Thompson lost his license..
  • firestarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    firestarter polycounter lvl 18
    "a Take Two employee will play the game under direction from the judge for the 100 hours" Jesus, it had better be good.
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    what an ass. when will this prick fall of the face of the earth.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Uhhh... It's a Rockstar game... Won't it be rated "M" anyways?

Do they not understand that the average game player is around 27 years old? And that if retailers followed the ratings code, this game could not be sold to a minor anyway?

Shoot, why don't they just shut down the entire internet? I mean after all, there is a lot of adult content on it.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I thought Mr Thompson lost his license..

[/ QUOTE ]

So had I... I'm also wondering if this judge was hand picked.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    he only lost his liscense in one state.

This judge is a retard for following thompson's whims...
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Uhhh... It's a Rockstar game... Won't it be rated "M" anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's slated to get T rating! I'm surprised Jack didn't try to get Table Tennis a M rating.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    [ QUOTE ]
    Thompson had previously described the game as a "Columbine simulator," but after reviewers such as our own Ben Kuchera were able to play a complete copy it became clear that the title was more about fisticuffs and schoolyard weapons rather than machine-guns and killing sprees. Not to be outdone, Thompson brought in a giant homemade slingshot to the courtroom, a move which surprised even the judge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah, what a douchebag. What happened to the good ol' days when the blame was put on N.W.A. and Public Enemy?!
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    "the Don Quixote of video game violence, Jack Thompson."

that about sums it up.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    Justin_Meisse
    your avatar was awesome, it's still very fun!=LOL
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I am just curious about the whole "100 hours of gameplay" / sandbox game model. How many people here have finished GTA:SA? ESIV?

Not to derail the thread but, like I said, just curious. Neither of these games has managed to hold my interest through to completion so I am wondering if it is the same for others.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Whether they've held your interest long enough doesn't take away from the possibility of 100 hours of gameplay - I can definitly see it to be possible.

I've beaten all 3 GTA's for PS2. Some sandbox titles don't hold my interest for very long tho.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    I am just curious about the whole "100 hours of gameplay" / sandbox game model. How many people here have finished GTA:SA? ESIV?

Not to derail the thread but, like I said, just curious. Neither of these games has managed to hold my interest through to completion so I am wondering if it is the same for others.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is also the fact that, while you may not have played all 100 hours, you played the 20 or so that were most interesting to you. If the game was only 20 hours total, maybe the missions they chose to include wouldn't be as interesting to you as the 20 out of 100 total that you did choose. That's what I like about games with more content. More likely to find stuff you want to do.

poop.gif
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    See, that is the thing. While exploration and sandbox gameplay can be fun, I actually prefer my games to have more linear gameplay.

To me it is like comparing a "choose your own adventure" book to a novel. I would rather play through a game with a great storyline and some explorative points than a game that lets me wander freely and create my own story. But then when it comes to games I am actually kind of obsessive about content to the point that a 12 hour game may take me 18-20 hours. I like to play through a linear game but I also like to make sure that I don't miss anything.
  • Penzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Penzer polycounter lvl 17
    It really depends on the game for me. I never actually beat San Andreas, or Oblivion, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them. Sandbox games have never been my favorite. I've found that almost every game I've ever played for over 100 hours has been because of multiplayer, not singleplayer.... but Super Monkey Ball and Geometry Wars are probably exempt from that rule.

Penny Arcade made a funny comic about forcing raters to play games

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/10/02
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    A guy I know was run over by a car.

Let's band together and bring down Ford, Mercedez, Ferrari, Toyota and the oh-so-heinous Honda.

If these evil satan-spawn being did not create these monstrous creations, we would live in an environment very similar to the garden of eden, and doughnuts wouldn't be fattening. C'mon, a large chunk of metal that moves FAST, what the hell else could it be for other than killing?!?! Look at the statistics! And they even give you a murder-aid that lets you control the direction of the murderbeast!

Sorry, I'd meant to press caps lock and ended up pressing sarc lock.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    [ QUOTE ]

I've beaten all 3 GTA's for PS2. Some sandbox titles don't hold my interest for very long tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahem ... 4
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ahem ... 4

[/ QUOTE ]

Ported PSP games dont count.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe my math is wonky or something, but how the hell do they plan on playing through 100 hours of gameplay before Tues.? This is the court system here which has hours of like 8 - 4 with 90 min for lunch. Now unless I'm wrong, they'll be lucky to get in over 20 hours of gameplay by then.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    A guy I know was run over by a car.

Let's band together and bring down Ford, Mercedez, Ferrari, Toyota and the oh-so-heinous Honda.

If these evil satan-spawn being did not create these monstrous creations, we would live in an environment very similar to the garden of eden, and doughnuts wouldn't be fattening. C'mon, a large chunk of metal that moves FAST, what the hell else could it be for other than killing?!?! Look at the statistics! And they even give you a murder-aid that lets you control the direction of the murderbeast!

Sorry, I'd meant to press caps lock and ended up pressing sarc lock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, in 2005 43,443 people in the U.S. were killed in auto-related accidents. I would venture to guess that this may be a few more than video game related deaths. It is more deaths than most wars that this country has fought.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Maybe my math is wonky or something, but how the hell do they plan on playing through 100 hours of gameplay before Tues.? This is the court system here which has hours of like 8 - 4 with 90 min for lunch. Now unless I'm wrong, they'll be lucky to get in over 20 hours of gameplay by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone suggested the judge just wanted to make fun of Thompson by setting a requirement that cannot be fulfilled in time to enact a ban upon the game.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    God, toronto news is calling it a "mence to society"

Stupid fucking fear mongering. I remember crap this wouldn't fly 5 years ago.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Latest Game Informer had a really great interview / preview about the game with the designer; actually just showed the article to the family I'm stayin with up here in Canada, totally turned their opinion of the game 180* after what they'd heard about it from the "media".