Home General Discussion

Okami on ps2 very awesome.

polycount sponsor
Offline / Send Message
malcolm polycount sponsor
Played all day today, very awesome, the whole caligraphy thing is quite fun and the caligraphy rendering looks nifty. Also boss battles are pretty nuts, this game reminds me a lot of zelda on the n64 in terms of gameplay as well as story, side quests and exploration.

Replies

• Mister Sentient
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    I've heard good things about Okami. Frankly I am considering buying a PS2 just to play this game.
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    Reading about Okami makes me very happy I recently bought myself a ps2 smile.gif. It won't be out in europe til february though frown.gif
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    MUST GET IT THIS WEEK. ARGH.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    its either this or FFXII this month. hmmmm
  • Bort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bort polycounter lvl 18
    Amusing charming zelda clone. Well worth buying a ps2 for or getting a swapdisk and importing it to play it.

Hardly anything is wrong with it. The QTE's are handled well and the random battles can be mostly avoided(if you get caught they usually only last 10-15 secs).

I'm about halfway through at the moment and I've only been stuck once. It isn't a hard game to play and I prefer that. A pleasant adventure romp over a anal rpg is just my cup of tea.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Best Zelda game I've played since the last Zelda game.

Seriously - if they only changed about a dozen very small things, they could have released it as a Zelda game and no-one would be the wiser. It has that level of polish and it nearly identical in every other way. I could list out the similarities, but I don't have the time. Play it yourself!
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    If I had money to throw at it I'd import it right now. But I just got Earth Defence Force 2 and am waiting for Rockman ZX. Maybe I'll have time when it comes out here.
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marcus Dublin polycounter lvl 17
    I picked it up last week and I have to say it's sucked me into its world and hasn’t let me go yet, its very reminiscent of The Shadow of Colossus that way. Capcom is definitely on a roll!

Artist - Kaos Studios

Marcus Dublin

PS: I can’t wait for Lost Planet!
  • Bort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bort polycounter lvl 18
    Amazing game. Just completed it. Apart from a few iffy design choices later on in the game (They aren't bad. I would have just done them in a different way), and issues general to gaming(money for killing, having to buy skills) and it being a bit too long for me(~8-10 hours too long), it's a near perfect game.

Just ordered the jap version, the soundtrack and the art book for 77£. mmm.

And my pointless stats because I'm sad
    Playtime: 74:47:12 (it was left on overnight a few times and idle during the day. (You are ment to stop the game clock when the player is in the menu/pausing. Silly devs.))
    Days Passed: 65
    Saves: 100
    Deaths: 0
    Enemies Defeated: 469
    Money: 2,944,439
    Demon Fangs: 9 (kept forgetting about them)
    Praise Earned: 3637
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Final boss is really well designed.