Robert Headley polycounter lvl 18
Is it me.. or does this show rock?

just a observation.

Replies

• [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    I've only seen one partial episode...and I was pretty impressed. Enough to want to see more. The art is much better than 90% of cartoons these days. When I saw there would be a game by the same name for the Wii, I was impressed a second time.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    i've seen a handful of episodes and the little making ofs they have during the commercials of other Nick shows. looked good and is definately the best of the American 'animes' on tv.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love it.

They just put out a box set of the first story arc.

Hope it stays popular so they can tell all 4 chapters to the story.

The thing that I like about it is that it seems like they came up with the story and cartoon first, then designed toys after the fact. Watching other cartoons, it's very obvious they're out to sell toys. Not so with this.

Anywho, I like Ang better than Harry Potter because he actually uses his powers and kicks a ton of ass too.

Check it out, I recommend it.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    I was just thinking the other day of giving Ang and the crew a 3d treatment. Sort of what Pior is doing with chun-li. That would be a good time for sure.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    hey guys, u are talking about "Avatar: Legend of Aang"????
    if yes, i love that anime toon too!! super cool animation, storyline, characters. Awesome.
  • Robert Headley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Robert Headley polycounter lvl 18
    Produced in America by Nickelodeon, animated in korea.

I think avatar uses just the right amount of anime flair while at the same time dropping gimmicks used more annoyingly in pseudo-anime shows like Teen Titans, the Giant Eyes/ teardrop thing, zoom shots of the head, etc.

Avatar is well written and the world is captivating and you care about the individual characters on the show.. all of them.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    yeah-0
    lovely toon. just best of all, i've seen
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    not bad actually I watched the whole first series over the weekend.
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    Great cartoon. I really like the character development and the fact that it isn’t all fun and games. You really feel for the characters and the situation they’re in.

I'm also big into Oban Star-Racers at the moment. I love the art style and the environments are amazing. http://www.obanstarracers.com

- BoBo