Home General Discussion

great body ref model

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
http://www.freedom-of-teach.com/index.php

I saw one of these on someones desk at work and my jaw droped. The level of detail is just dead sexy!

Replies

• oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    So's unfortunately the price. frown.gif
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    We've got one. I think he's wearing a gasmask and holding tampons.

To be honest, you are much better off with some really good reference books.
  • Mister Sentient
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    We've got one. I think he's wearing a gasmask and holding tampons.

To be honest, you are much better off with some really good reference books.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good anatomy books are indispensable but sometimes it's helpful to have a three dimensional figure that you can study from any angle.
  • James Edwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    James Edwards polycounter lvl 18
    I use both depending on my needs, but nothing beats just rotating the dude around 360 beside my monitor for quick ref. There's something to be said for being able to see the forms and how they relate with each other in 3d space - even if it is only an artists representation. It's more than adequate for the kind of non-precision work most of us do. Well worth the money imo.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Dont you guys think that version 1 looks better than version 2 (gay skyblue) and version 3 (obtrusive colors) altogether?

Maybe close up quality is different tho.

edit : looks good enough to me...

http://www.freedom-of-teach.com/images/p3f_anafig1_c.jpg
  • fogmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fogmann polycounter lvl 17
    It reminds me of the anatomy atlases my mom used to have. They were cover to cover full of photos of dissected humans (well, they were already corpses before they were dissected, of course). It could be a great reference for whoever has a stomatch to look at those photos for too long.
  • ThE_BirD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ThE_BirD polycounter lvl 18
    We've got the color one at work and I have the Sepia one(my coveted billiards trophy)at home.... The color one has a turn table but I like the sepia one a bit better... It's a little easier to see whats going on without the color... also they all come with a detachable magnetic penis... yep that's what I said poop... "a detachable magnetic penis"...
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    yep that's what I said poop... "a detachable magnetic penis"...

[/ QUOTE ]

Afaik it's not magnetic but.....http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...001&sc=1000

We had one of those models at EA. They're pretty nice.
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    yes i've came across that site a few time ago and since then i want to buy one of those things! but once again, Cg is too expensive to be just an hobbie, so we got to make some sacrifices frown.gif.

but, even thou those are great references, i payed the same money for Gray's Anatomy. I don't think it's that fair that way...
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    The statues are very good. Color choice doesn't really matter, depending on your level of anatomy knowledge. But I suppose the colored one helps you see what's muscle and what's tendon. Several artists here at work have the Sepia colored one.

The statues are good in learning what's underneath the surface. What muscle goes where, and how they lay on top of each other. It's still up to the artist to decipher how all those muscles would look with skin layed on top. I would say it's a good reinforcement of materials you would learn from taking an anatomy class. By no means is it a substitute, though.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    It's cheaper to disect a tester, and you can have a barbeque afterwards.