Home General Discussion

lonelygirl15 is fake?

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19
I'm not an avid MySpace or YouTube user, I'm even less of a lonelygirl15 watcher.. or fan.. or addict, or whatever the hell you call people who watch the lonelygirl15 videos constantly.

http://www.zephoria.org/thoughts/archives/2006/09/07/lonelygirl15.html

This is an interesting read, and I love shit like this. Guerilla style film-making utilizing 2 of the internets most popular websites. A girl making video diaries who's homeschool by her religious parents that don't know she's making the videos. An interesting hook to say the least.

If you don't know anything about "Lonelygirl15" I suggest giving that link a read, its pretty interesting.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh man, I haven't been following this, but just by looking at two vids it seems pretty obvious this is directed by a professional. The slick editing alone, not to mention the camera work, staging, etc.

Sleuthing stuff is fun though, no doubt.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    ow no lonelygirl is fake, i cant tell whats real, im gonna have to question my whole outlook on life.

i thought it went without question that most stuff on the internewt is fake, i know i am.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Yuck. More like the birth of a giant turd. Press release should read:

Pretentious film students get together with an audience of voyeurs and pedophiles to plumb new depths in inanity.

I mean, I watched this turgid bag of shit (the video) so that I would know for sure it was exactly as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, people actually watch this for fun?

I have watched people getting torn apart by jeeps, or their heads cut off, just for the novelty of it, but what is new or interesting about some teenage twat bitching about highschool? Isn't that what every teenage bitch does for a living? This is like a perfect storm of shit I hate.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    god what a load of trash .. people really cant get enough of reality tv, internet, blog... who gives a fuck.. are peoples lives really that boring they sit and read/watch this kinda shit ..
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have watched people getting torn apart by jeeps, or their heads cut off, just for the novelty of it

[/ QUOTE ]

aaand your opinion of what's "good" suddenly becomes worthless

how can you knock people for watching some pretty high school chick when you watch, by choice, "people getting torn apart by jeeps". Or are you one of those people that sees no problem with graphic violence but recoils in terror when they see a nipple?

I didn't even bother watching any of these lonelygirl vids... it'll just be X amount of time I'll never get back
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My point was, that since I am in the business of producing graphic violence, I ought to get the fucking details right.

This on the other hand is the type of garbage I wish I could avoid hearing but can't because there are always stupid bitches yammering about this exact type of crap everywhere I go. The store, the coffee shop, the fast food restaurant.

But let me get this straight. My opinion is worthless because I watch violence to see what it's really like? I guess in your book anybody with a modicum of curiosity has a worthless opinion.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    you said you watched them for the "novelty" of it, not to see what it was "really like" tongue.gif
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Earthquake furiously masturbates to lonelygirl15
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    ...here we go again...
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Everyone who loves those horribly crappy reality TV shows will lap this filth up! I actually stumbled upon lonelygirl's stuff a month ago, her ditzy rambling made me want to take a mallet to my cranium, but eh, the responses were kinda funny, especially the ones from old fat middle aged men! Apparently some people like their emo teenage angst, but no thanks for me.

The game dev video blogs the have sometimes on gametrailers.com? Now thats what I like!
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    The computer screen is the retina of the mind's eye. Therefore, the computer screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore, whatever appears on the computer screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore, lonelygirl15 is real and you are fake.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    you said you watched them for the "novelty" of it, not to see what it was "really like" tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

novelty:

1. state or quality of being novel, new, or unique; newness:

Yeah. I watched it because It was new to me. In other words, I didn't know what it was like because I hadn't watched it. Learn english first before trying to correct mine.

Sorry everybody. It seems I'm in the mood to disturb shit, but I'll cut it out.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    you americans and your "dictionaries"... it makes me sick

sorry for trying to inject a little light-hearted banter into a relatively boring thread... guess I'm just an ass
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The computer screen is the retina of the mind's eye. Therefore, the computer screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore, whatever appears on the computer screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore, lonelygirl15 is real and you are fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Therefore you have seen videodrome.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    You have to admit she is kinda cute tho, well maybe its because of the shitty abshinte ive been drinking or something but fuck, id do her.
    Thats all that matters really.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Oh noes! We been reduced to the "i'd do her" routine.

The horror. The horror.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    i'd do her

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    who cares who lonelygirl is, and why is Brome so emo?
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Earthquake furiously masturbates to lonelygirl15

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Earthquake furiously masturbates to soul99

[/ QUOTE ]

*fixed*
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I hate those damn things. People filming themselves talking. Usually, it's about something that's been on the news forever. I fucking hate when people do that.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Hahahhahaa what you guys really need to look out for is this chick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw4gnRZpyos
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    question: am i a bad person for finding that vid absolute comedy gold ?
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    question: am i a bad person for finding that vid absolute comedy gold ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The last one? Was meant to be. Fake, started as an inside joke to a friend of hers doing a very similar act.
  • Jelmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jelmer polycounter lvl 17
    She seems nice. So what's up exactly then.. There are a couple of filmmakers writing lines for her and directing her in these videos?
    A thing I have noticed is the lack of moderation on youtube. The amount of rascist and offensive replies that are beeing posted on any video up there, is pretty astounding.
    I am not shocked by this but I do wonder what is up with so much hate in there, because I find the concept of youtube quite nice.