Home General Discussion

TGS anyone?

Thinking about stopping by Tokyo to check out TGS.

Anyone going?

Who all lives there? I know Hawken does.

Replies

• hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I'm still figuring out how to get a ticket.

when is it btw?
  • skankerzero
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    "stopping by". bastid. Would be awesome to go. Perhaps one day. It'd be interesting to find out what the cost was for travel/days spent if you went.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    cost in uumm tokyo japan .. uhh sell your left nut to research.. no make that both yer nuts..
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    not sure of the flight costs from canada but can't imagine it's all that expensive. Also staying in a backpacker hotel is only $10 a night. There's plenty of ways to have a cheap fun time here, and day to day life is way cheaper than living in the UK
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Hahaha! Admission to the show is only 1200 yen?? That's like 10 bucks. So all that it'd really cost me is the plane flight. I wouldn't even mind sleeping in a mailbox.

I'll have to look into this more though. Since I'm not going to be going anywhere for the xmas holiday (wife has to work), I'm not dropping down $800 for plane tickets then.

Hmmmm....
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    American Airlines has specials on their international flights all the time.

Currently, out of Dallas, it will cost me about 900 bucks round trip and non-stop. Not the best deal they've had, but it's alot cheaper than the 1500 it normally is. I've seen the tickets to the Tokyo area go as low as 630 bucks.

Room and board is only as expensive as you let it be. When I went last time, I stayed at a Ryokan. It was about 40 bucks a night with breakfest. If you stay downtown at the fancy hotels, then yeah, it can be costly. The Ryokan I stayed at was in the Ueno district and right next to a subway, so it was easy to get to and from downtown.

Either way, this would be a last moment deal for me, so I'm just trying to make sure my filnances are ok. I would probably stay for a week. The plane ticket is no big deal for me, it's the room and board where I'll be cutting it close.