Home General Discussion

New Idea!!!

morrowindsky81993
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
morrowindsky81993 polycounter lvl 17
Hi. I have an idea. There is a game, well, it's not really a game, but a game creator I'd love to see on this site. It is a bit obscure, the game creator I am talking about, but it is fun. It is called "FPS Creator." It's ok if you can't, but it would be really helpful.

Replies

• hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    hang on I'll just upload it...click here
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    This is awesome! Thanks, Hawken! I've got one- we need something that'll rig a character with just one mouse click! Call it 'SuperAutoRigger' or something. Anybody got one of those?
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    pardon me a moment... JOOLZ! Good to see you back, dude!

Now then...

I looked up this FPS Creator via google since no link or any real type of info was provided about this and I can pretty much say beyond a shadow of a doubt, this tool will not be hosted on Polycount.
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    Hooray! Can you host the Japanese Schoolgirl Tentacle Rape Game Creator though?
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    why would we need a section for a "lay some tiles, lay some enemies, insert weapon congratulations you made a GAME!" type of thing with the most limitful customization ever?

It's just as practical as opening a resources section on the site for learning how to model for Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    a resources section on the site for learning how to model for Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an excellent idea!
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    bearkub- thanks! sorry I've been away so long.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! Let's please do! Let's see... place school HERE... place subway HERE... place horny octopi HERE...
    -good stuff.
    http://laurganism.com/wp-images/octopus.jpg
  • morrowindsky81993
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    there IS a point to the fps creator section idea. you can add models, entities, segments, scripts, even full-fledged games! hud files, textures, characters, i could go on and on! the reason i posted this was because the ONLY site for fps creator sites is basically in a coma, and that site was really good, too. so, i thought i could encourage polycount to create their own section! the site is:

http://www.fps-files.net

You'll see what i mean. so please, consider this idea. it may hit the top and actually IMPROVE fps creator buzz and noticeability! personally, i think it is a great program and is worth the money. please consider! PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, wait, i hope i didn't over-emphasize that.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! Let's please do! Let's see... place school HERE... place subway HERE... place horny octopi HERE...
    -good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Little known fact, but in the movie Henry and June (a movie about the authors Anais Nin and Henry Miller), that image of the octopus doing the girl was shown in it, which is what gave the movie an NC-17 rating...yeah, I know that's an awkward piece of trivia, but you know how it is.
  • morrowindsky81993
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    can we PLEASE stay on topic?!?! for the love of god!! Everytime i post on polycount EVERYONE goes off topic, and i never get heard, or considered! why did I even SIGN UP?!?!
    mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    isn't it about time they stopped those silly tentacle cartoons..

..and made a proper live-action hollywood remake?
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Little known fact, but in the movie Henry and June (a movie about the authors Anais Nin and Henry Miller), that image of the octopus doing the girl was shown in it, which is what gave the movie an NC-17 rating...yeah, I know that's an awkward piece of trivia, but you know how it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to say that you think octopus + girl should only be rated R material?
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    can we PLEASE stay on topic?!?! for the love of god!! Everytime i post on polycount EVERYONE goes off topic, and i never get heard, or considered! why did I even SIGN UP?!?!
    mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to bet there are twice as many 'mad' faces here as you've seen years on this earth.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    'why would we need a section for a "lay some tiles, lay some enemies, insert weapon congratulations you made a GAME!" type of thing with the most limitful customization ever?'

Don't most game developers already work that way:)
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hear that both max, maya and UnrealEd will be boiled down into a single make art button. (someone had to say it)
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, if you want a site or a section dedicated to fps creator content you are looking at the wrong place. Nobody is stopping you from pimping your own models for FPS Creator in the pimping and previews section or asking for help. If you want a customizable game engine WITH it's own community try Garage Games.

Just spend the time you have studying art and learning some 3D apps, do some research before asking questions (google is your friend), don't overuse emoticons or exclamation points and write legibly. This is pretty much common etiquette for any forum.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    This is not a developers forum, it is an artists forum. Yes, some of the people here are developers or work for developers but this forum is dedicated to the art of making new things not placing old ones. The fact that it went off topic so fast should tell you that the post was not relevant to the forums. I have only been hanging around here for a short time but I came here for art, not some hash up game creation software thats not even open source. I can think of far better engines and tools to support here and they are open source and free for anyone with the skill to use them. Art is where this forum is at, not game creation.
  • ratsaladknight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ratsaladknight polycounter lvl 17
    less random offensive nonsense please
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    hey, just wondering... what does everyone think of marmade?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    What the hell is Marmade?

buddha_1.jpg
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I'm sure he must be referring to homemade marmalade mix (delicious)
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    morrowindsky8199375309WTFBBQ: No! That app was linked here a long time ago, and it's not what many of us care to use. Students need to realize that making a great game isn't that easy. And making a generic drag and drop FPS with freely available art assets isn't going to get you very far. Many FPS titles you find on shelves today are generic as is.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    This thread is going nowhere. Locked.
This discussion has been closed.