Home General Discussion

Borat strikes again "Throw the jew down the well"

http://inhonor.net/videos/uped/fl_video.php?f_num=92500

"A comedian, Borat, decided to test the tolerance and racist attitude at a southern US bar. In the process he also gave us a glimpse of the face of the average racist."

Replies

• Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Hahaha, that was a great. Pretty damn sad the reactions he got, but was funny as hell. Dumbass rednecks.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    People denouncing racisim is the bigest cause of racisim. If people would just stop throwing that term arround it would eventually cease to exist. If I dislike someone I dislike them, I do NOT dislike them more because of color or culture. BUT if I say I hate a black guy I am racist!!? WTF is that.

I have lived in Africa and have been the victim of racisim. Being white and living in a majority black country is something most 1st world country residents can never understand.

Sorry, racisim makes me sick and the people who blab about it and make it out to be something its not make me feel even more sick.

People are people, rich poor and evey color we are all human and have the right to like or dislike whoever we choose and these assholes that go arround hurting people because they are "X" deserve to be shot. Don't call them racist though, call them murderers or vigilantes and deal with them accordingly.
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    You know, if the lyrics weren't there or I didn't already know what he was going to say......I could barely understand him. I wonder how many people there didn't even know what he was talking about.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    where's Wieser Cain? he knows alot about racisim. cause you know... he's black...and angry.
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    Haha! I laughed my ass off the first time I saw this.
    Borat, aka Ali G, aka Sasha Baron Cohen the comedian, is jewish smile.gif I can't wait for the movie
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    This is 3 years old, and has been linked before. Whilst its well known that Sasha is jewish and his own particular brand of humour is controversial, the article this is attached to clearly has its own political goals too. I'm dubious of the statement that this was ever 'pulled from the airways' but furthermore, much that I'm a huge fan of Cohen, I really dont see this as hard evidence of prolific true anti-semitism at all, so much as how dumb and easily led people can be.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    You know, if the lyrics weren't there or I didn't already know what he was going to say......I could barely understand him. I wonder how many people there didn't even know what he was talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear people singing along to "Throw the jew down the well, so my country can be free". They know what they are singing.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Sure, they probably know what they are singing. All I'm suggesting as a possibility is that they are saying it without necessarily deeply believing the words. In the same way that it's possible for somebody to tell a racist joke, but not necessarily truly be a racist. Just throwing it out there.
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah, I could buy that.
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Never mind that half the people there came to laugh at the backward Soviet bloc stereotype with the funny accent ... :P

It's a stand-up comedy show. Nobody gets really riled at a stand-up comedy show, because we assume everything's meant to be funny or at least acceptibly ironic. If the comedian and bartender have done their jobs, the mob is going to laugh without even meaning to, without even thinking about it. People who are aghast at this unbelievable display of redneck racism need to lighten up, have some drinks, and take in a show or something.
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I saw this on tv a few weeks ago and it seemed to me it was completly a case of the audience laughing at Borat as opposed to actually agreeing with his lyrics. Or as Daz said, getting them to say whatever he wants them to through humor. Funny stuff, not to be taken seriously.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    yeah whatever "White" eagle. why not Black eagle or Jew eagle??

Im totally joking. Im so sick of people crying "racist" all the time, in fact im just so sick of the word.
    I cant wait for the day everybody is just brown.
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    The song is catching as fuck, its playing in the background and I'm singing along..
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    People denouncing racisim is the bigest cause of racisim. If people would just stop throwing that term arround it would eventually cease to exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Why are some people thinking, because the audience sings along, means they are against the Jews? You're at a bar, maybe buzzed or drunk, a dude who is obviously a comedian starts singing a catchy song that is not NEARLY the most offensive thing to come out of a comedian's mouth about stereotypes...so what if they get into it?

Would that make me racist if I laugh at Dave Chappelle's skits on black stereotypes? NO. If I was in good spirits at a bar and Borat started up the song, I might just sing along as well!
  • Showster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Showster polycounter lvl 18
    Been a while since I saw that still gold smile.gif.

Borat on Connan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFiSjiEb6Yg

high five sex crime !

Borats new movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy3LZFMqoTg

enjoy (still quite old links)
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I wonder if the song Vig posted was in some way related to or triggered by the happenings in this episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHRqe9L56t4&mode=related&search=

It's pretty funny, but that guy is pretty messed.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    People denouncing racisim is the bigest cause of racisim. If people would just stop throwing that term arround it would eventually cease to exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what makes you an authority?

I have seen perfectly content black comunities become a warzone because some 1st world country git has come along and told them that white people are acting racist towards them and that they should have better things only white bigots are holding them back. Hence, what before passed as a simple disagreement escalates into an all out racial slur. If you thought my comment was stupid then you obviously have never seen what people preaching anti racisim can do to a community. Without the term its just people fighting people and it will, like all fighting without much cause, come to an end. Start preaching equality and anti-racisim and you give them a cause and we all know how long a war fought for a cause can last.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Actually, he presents himself as a tourist from Khazakstan, trying to learn about US culture. That's part of the shtick, in that they do not know that he is a comedian. Sure, he's funny. But not in the "Oh this guy is trying to entertain us way."

With that being said, even with the outrageousness of the song, I don't blame the rednecks for laughing and singing along. The whole concept of some eastern european guy singing such a song is funny. And sad due to the racist content. But it's still funny.

Couple more clips with Borat learning american culture:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d-qsnMPC0g&mode=related&search=
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tcl7logpdw&search=Borat
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Without the term its just people fighting people and it will, like all fighting without much cause, come to an end.

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother's friend once asked me, "have you ever fucked a black girl?" and then said that he never would, because he "hates niggers" and it would be "disgusting" to have sex with one. But I guess I'm the real cause of racism, for considering him racist? If I just didn't use the term, then racism wouldn't exist?

I don't know what things are like where you're from, but here in the US racism is alive and well, and to abstain from using the term "racism" isn't going to do anything but exacerbate the problem. To tell you the truth, I've heard the argument that "people who use the term 'racist' are the real source of racism" several times before, and it's usually coming from someone who is an overly-defensive, latent racist themselves.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, sorry, you mistook my point or I was unclear. I am talking anti racisim fanaticisim like making laws that are in themselves reverse racisim and just make racists believe more firmly that they are right. Like the law about hiring a black woman over a white man. These things just piss off the racists more and make the people they are supposed to protect or help feel like they have the job because of colour not because they deserve it. Just an example, I was born and lived in Zimbabwe (I left 5 years ago due to the political situation). I was good at cricket (a british sport :P ) and played with a really great group of guys (white black and mixed). One of the black guys played for the national team and was a hell of a good player. One day I found him crying in the change rooms after he had a bit of a bad game, he told me he felt bad because he was only oon the team because he was black and that he felt a white friend of his was better and deserved his place (not true ofcoarse). You see, in Zimbabwe the majority of any national team HAS to be black by law. It is SUPPOSED to help raise the standard of sport amongst black people in the country but instead, those white players denied a place resent the black players who themselves feel bad that they may not rightly deserve their place.

I hate the word "n$#$$#" frown.gif I grew up surrounded by black people and it makes me sad that some people view them as less than human. I may not sleep with a black girl but only because I have never found one I found attractive, my tastes lie in pale skin and blue eyes wink.gif But, were I not maried and to find a black girl I was attracted to I would not let color stand in the way.

Sorry about the missunderstanding, I meant no insult.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    that video made me laugh. and now i can't get the refrain out of my head, constantly singing "throw the jew down the well" on the street. inside my head, of course laugh.gif but still. meh.

ali G. is annoying crap that instantly causes random buttonmashing on the remote but borat - i like. want more. smile.gif
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Xaltar - I am not really a zealous anti racist, but I still baulk when i hear people talking racist stuff. I had to put up with a quite a lot of that at a certain studio which shall remain nameless. Most of it was pretty tongue in cheek , but one or two people really crossed the line. I put it down to ignorance and small town attitudes mainly and some people are just plain angry with the world because they can't get laid.

I don't like 'heightism' either. i am fairly tall, but I have seen instances of people getting picked on because they are really short.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, funny you mention height, here in bulgaria being 6'2 I can rest my chin on most peoples heads laugh.gif My wife (well fiance but may as well be wife) is 5'4 and she is regarded as fairly tall here laugh.gif

I am used to the "small town mind" and funily enough its usually found in big city people laugh.gif but I think KeyserSoze just got the wrong end of the stick regarding my comment, its hard to convay a thought on the internet, sometimes it can be taken more than one way.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    'its hard to convay a thought on the internet'

too true. I think even if you did bullet points of your thoughts, people still can read it how they want.
    Re the jew down the well thing I think its a bit border line, but but again I think its designed to be a little shocking to the average viewer
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    The average southern american bar hopper possibly wouldn't know the different between a Jew and a Muslim if you asked.

If they don't believe in the sweet baby Jesus, they just ain't right.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    This guy is the maaan.=))))
  • EarthQuake
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • conte
    Options