Home General Discussion

Who would vote for Hillary?

sledgy
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sledgy polycounter lvl 18
Just curious to see how many people would vote for Hillary in 2008 and why or why not?

Replies

• Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Being as who ever goes into office next time is going to get masivly fucked in the ass by the press. all because of what bush is doing now that we wont know about untill the next person is in office.
    Being as i would like to see some diversity in the office and dont want it to be a one time thing. I think i'll vote for some white guy next time just so that next time once all the shit has hit the fan we can get some diversity in there. With out the fear of the fact their not white or male being blamed. If that makes any sense.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    TGZ:
    yeah whoever's next is going to catch a lot of hell and be scrutinized down to their molecules. a woman president this next time would be scrutinized even harder. so it would probably be better for a calmer period to run, if just to quell the dissidents for a few years, unless they can kick absolute ass while in office. wink.gif

not up to date on her political views but maybe hillary would be okay though, she seems to deal with shit fairly well.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    doubt i would even if i were registered to vote. i don't know her policies besides she is against Bush and the war in Iraq and targets the video game industry in order to appear more moderate to Republican voters.

one thing she has going for her is that all of her dirty laundry has already been exposed to the public and been well trod upon.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    She champions causes she doesn't properly know. That alone is enough to tell me that she is not fit to be any kind of leader, most esspecially a president.

Seriously, anyone who supports Jack Thompson should never be allowed into any political office.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    not I, said this guy. and not because she's a woman. in fact, I would recommend a woman president during these times. just not her.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Vote for her? Are you daft? She's right up there with Jack Thompson, and she'd probably be just as useless as her husband was in the Oral Office.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    Jeb Bush in '08! I even came up with a campaign slogan for him: "America! Yes, we really are that dumb!"

I don't like Hillary much at all, but she's not nearly as bad a Lieberman. I would love to cast my vote for Clark in '08, but unfortunately he's probably not a viable candidate (hasn't sucked enough corporate cock... er, I mean... doesn't have nearly as much campaign financing as Hillary). If it comes down to Hillary vs. McCain, it would be a toss-up for me. A few years ago, I would go with McCain for sure, but I've lost a great deal of respect for him in recent years.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Vote for her? Are you daft? She's right up there with Jack Thompson, and she'd probably be just as useless as her husband was in the Oral Office.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we actually had a hefty surplus by the end of his Presidency (which has since been turned into a record-breaking deficit), we had a booming economy, healthy international relations... what a useless Presidency.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Yea, I would vote for her, but I really do not want her to run because I would like a real shot at beating whoever the republican'ts put up (you see what I did there? I called them Republi<u>can'ts</u> - as in "cannot" or "incapable" - isn't that clever? Feel free to use that one tongue.gif ).
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah i dont get it why people say bill was a bad pres when he did such a good job while he was there. The fact that we care more about the fact he had sex while he was in office is just stupid. When the rest of the world didnt care that should have been a sign that we shouldn't care either. It was only that we didnt have anything to talk shit about him with so having sex sudenly became bad.

As for hilery she has a shit load of things that make her someone i wouldnt vote for. Just being against the war and not a republican isnt good enough.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

calling bill clinton useless is like calling george bush intelligent
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Yea, Bill was a good president. I don't think his wife would be. She's just riding in the coat tails over her husband IMO.

Also, I believe it was more that he lied in court that got Bill in trouble than that he had sex with some woman.

At the same time, the fact that he was in court at for the whole deal was pretty stupid.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    This can go off in so many ways.. smile.gif

I'll just say no, I wouldn't vote for Hillary.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Image this scenario:

We get attacked. Hilary has a hot flash while Bill is pissing her off and she just broke a nail. The world ends 20 minutes later.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Image this scenario:

We get attacked. Hilary has a hot flash while Bill is pissing her off and she just broke a nail. The world ends 20 minutes later.

[/ QUOTE ]

sonic thats so damn demeaning to women. Are you forgetting Margaret Thatcher? The "IRON LADY"?

I know some women can be daft and do want to portray that image, and although you are only joking, a woman could do the job of president just as well as any man.

Take all the macho bullshit out of the system and do an even better job, in fact.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Monarchy?

US population - 295 million people.

Not all are eligible to become president, lets be rally harsh and say only 100 million are.

Of those 100 million people how is it possible that you've just recently had a father and son both as president, and now you can have a husband and wife?

Having the same small group of rich white people taking it in turns to be in charge doesn't sit well.
  • Needles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Needles polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Image this scenario:

[/ QUOTE ]

What the fuck are you talking about, where have you been under a rock these last 6 years?

we got attacked, bush ignored the warnings, he sat in a classroom and read a book after it happened! Korea has nukes! if the middle east get ANY worse (its not getting better btw) IT WILL BE the end of the world.

and btw it all happened under a mans watch..well a monkey a male monkey ( and apologies to the monkeys for saying that)
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    Hilory Clinton ? ..Nah i'll vote for someone who actually has an interest in promoting Constitutional rights and not ran by the Special Interest group lobbyists that would pay to get her elected and buy favors from her like every other dirty politician. Personally I always vote Libertarian

http://www.lp.org/
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Image this scenario:

[/ QUOTE ]

What the fuck are you talking about, where have you been under a rock these last 6 years?

we got attacked, bush ignored the warnings, he sat in a classroom and read a book after it happened! Korea has nukes! if the middle east get ANY worse (its not getting better btw) IT WILL BE the end of the world.

and btw it all happened under a mans watch..well a monkey a male monkey ( and apologies to the monkeys for saying that)

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut up, it was just a joke.

Jeez.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Image this scenario:

[/ QUOTE ]

sonic thats so damn demeaning to women. Are you forgetting Margaret Thatcher? The "IRON LADY"?

I know some women can be daft and do want to portray that image, and although you are only joking, a woman could do the job of president just as well as any man.

Take all the macho bullshit out of the system and do an even better job, in fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt about it.

Don't forget the most hardass prime minister ever, Helen Clark http://www.primeminister.govt.nz/
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Instead of driving around the desert looking for Weapons of Mass Destruction, a woman would ask for directions.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Given that we lay claim to everything else decent that comes out of New Zealand, I wonder if we could appropriate their prime minister.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    am i the only one that thinks that the usa president is a puppet ? no offense to anyone ... currently seems like so eheh..maybe the next president can do something nice for a change smile.gif
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hilory Clinton ? ..Nah i'll vote for someone who actually has an interest in promoting Constitutional rights and not ran by the Special Interest group lobbyists that would pay to get her elected and buy favors from her like every other dirty politician. Personally I always vote Libertarian

http://www.lp.org/

[/ QUOTE ]

hi five, our votes are going to waste however since i can never forsee any libertarian ever being voted in ever at all.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No I wouldn't vote for her. Voting for either party is a wasted exercise in the mockery we call democracy, in fact you might call it a (drum roll) demockery, AZ I'll let you have that one you earned it.

Really is what we have now the best America has to offer? Or is it the product of a select few running out of the good blue blood candidates? There has to be someone better than what we have and what they will put up for the next election. Since they don't belong to the blue blood club we won't ever see them.

I would like to see a grass roots movement to cut government spending where it counts. No more limos, no more mansions, no more $2,000 a plate campaign dinners. Instead the fat cats get to work for minimum wage. The people get to decide when government officials can have a raise, not the officials themselves. Their new hours would be Mon-Sat 3am-9pm. They say they work for me, well guess what I'm a slave driver who doesn't like his employees living a higher standard than myself. In fact when they get elected they become homeless and have to move in with a poor family. In their down time they get to help out around the house.

Mr. President, Mr. Senator, here is your bucket, your mop and a plunder, my toilets clogged, get to work. I have a feeling it’s just going to get clogged again.

It's easy to think everyone and everything is A-OK when you’re fat, stupid and loaded. They just started using the word “French” in the House Cafeteria, I’m glad that major crisis is all over. What’s on the plate next boys? Passing legislation so Barbie’s shoes must always match her outfit? How about enforcing the j-walking laws, even on fuzzy critters. “If the mother of the dead squirrel can’t pay the fine then we threaten to put a strip mall over their woodland home (mumbled whispers in the Senators ear) scratch that, we already put vacant strip malls everywhere.”

See Daz I can get all spun out about politics =P
  • James Edwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    James Edwards polycounter lvl 18
    Does it really matter who you vote for anymore? It'll all just get miscounted anyway. =D
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    LOL @ AstroZombie

I would vote for a hefty pay increase for the presidency...currently it's around $200K/year (plus "room & board") Compare that to the salary of a CEO of a midsize company, say $1-5M/year. So the incentive to be President currently is power, greed (by making your millions in some way that is likely a conflict of interest with the people you govern), or an insane sense of a duty mantle placed by the hand of God. I'm sure this list isn't exhaustive but I think you see my point.

Now take the role of a CEO. He or she is in it for the money almost exclusively. If he doesn't do a good job, he's fired. Who cares who sucks his cock? Did I get my paycheck on friday? There's my answer. Why not raise the salary of the presidency to $5M a year, then we have some competition of real talent for the job, not just the idiots/conmen/zealots.
  • Paul Jaquays
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Jaquays polycounter lvl 18
    Were a qualified conservative woman to run for the US President, I would likely vote for her. However, I would vote for a yellow dog before I would vote for the carpetbagger queen from New York (a.k.a. Senator Hillary Clinton).

The Democrats claim to represent the poor, people of color, etc. I would love to see them run a candidate for president that is actually drawn from the people whom they claim to represent instead of the rich patrician lawyers who seem to be all they can drum up on a regular basis.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Were a qualified conservative woman to run for the US President, I would likely vote for her. However, I would vote for a yellow dog before I would vote for the carpetbagger queen from New York (a.k.a. Senator Hillary Clinton).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Paul! I don't hear the word carpetbagger all that often these days, but I think it's the most appropriate use of the word. wink.gif
  • Kevin Albers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Albers polycounter lvl 18
    I'm going to vote for independent or 3rd party candidate (hopefully the Green party). The republicans need to be removed from power, but thinking that the democrats will be much better is a very bad mistake.

I'd be happy to vote for a woman president, however.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I'll vote for a President that I like... any race, any gender. But I won't vote JUST because the candidate may become the first 'whatever'. Unfortunately too many people actually vote that way. They'd vote for Hillary just to get the first woman in office.

The way I see it, the Clinton's fucked up the office enough the first time, I won't be voting to send them back in there again, even if the roles are reversed.
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Food for thought ... it was suggested to me this morning that if Hillary runs, the Republicans are likely to avoid polarizing the female vote against them by fielding Rice. Either way we'd get our first woman President, but the Republicans would successfully one-up the Dems by using not just a woman, but a black woman. With minorities waking up to the fact that the Democratic party doesn't quite represent them, will the Dems walk into that public image ambush? It seems like it could even cost them the election.

To answer the question ... hell no. Hillary is a typical politician, voting for power and job security instead of what's right, not nearly a good enough leader to steal my protest vote from insert third party candidate name here. She supported the war, cheerfully running with the revenge sentiment that swept the nation but was supposed to have stopped at the calm, collected brows of the people we fucking employ to make good decisions for us when we're unable to. She's too intelligent to possibly believe that video games are the Devil, but she's going after them in an effort to court conservative whackos who can't see the forest for the Bibles. Typical, typical politician. Fuck her and all her ilk.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The Democrats claim to represent the poor, people of color, etc. I would love to see them run a candidate for president that is actually drawn from the people whom they claim to represent instead of the rich patrician lawyers who seem to be all they can drum up on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, at least the Republicans only run rich, white, self-righteous, "Christian" males, eh Paul?
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, at least the Republicans only run rich, white, self-righteous, "Christian" males, eh Paul?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his point is that both parties always run "rich, white, self-righteous, "Christian" males", but one party actually claims to represent those people while the other doesn't.

Voting is a waste of time. If you really feel like you need to vote, you would better spend your time researching a place where you can find a comunity of people you actually like and move there.

I would never vote for Hilary because she is against video games. I find it amazing that anyone is so backwardly regressive in this day to be against art.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm not rich! laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He said Republicans only run "rich, white, self-righteous, 'Christian' males," not that they only represent them.

And Paul, that's a stupid accusation. You know that's just how the system works (unfortunately). If you don't have the green and the corporate backing, you don't have a chance. Rich Democrats claiming to represent the poor isn't any worse than rich Republicans who claim to represent blue-collar Joe Sixpack. George Bush clearing brush on his "ranch" doesn't make him any less of a rich, privileged brat who has never done an honest day's work in his life.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm not rich! laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He said Republicans only run "rich, white, self-righteous, 'Christian' males," not that they only represent them.

And Paul, that's a stupid accusation. You know that's just how the system works (unfortunately). If you don't have the green and the corporate backing, you don't have a chance. Rich Democrats claiming to represent the poor isn't any worse than rich Republicans who claim to represent blue-collar Joe Sixpack. George Bush clearing brush on his "ranch" doesn't make him any less of a rich, privileged brat who has never done an honest day's work in his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok well I do happen to be blue-collar Joe Sixpack to the extreme. Ask Paul, he's met me smile.gif

And they do represent me well!
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm not rich! laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and my names not christian!
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I called them Republi<u>can'ts</u>

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of another vowel you could have used.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Voting to me feels like being asked if i want a slap to the face or a kick to the balls,i wouldnt vote for Hillary.