Home General Discussion

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Keg
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Keg polycounter lvl 18
Suprised there isn't a thread for this movie yet. (correct me if i'm wrong)

Ended up seeing it twice on the weekend. first time was cause the theater didn't have clerks 2 anymore, second time buddy paid for it.

Quite a good funny movie. Won't fit everyone's tastes, but I laughed alot. I wasn't sure what to expect going in so that might have helped.

Replies

• nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    I second that, it was hilarious, and very much worth the price of admission.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I liked it pretty well. Most of the ridiculous comedy was hilarious, but the movie could have done without the Dad character entirely. Completely a distraction from the funniness.

And speaking of distractions, JESUS CHRIST, THERE ARE SO MANY ADVERTISEMENTS! It's beyond what you actually see in Nascar. The dinner scene, for example, all the containers of stuff on the table seem to rotate so that the labels are conveniently facing the camera at all times.

Oh yeah, there's actually an Applebee's commercial in the movie.

Apart from the obnoxious bits, it was pretty darn funny.
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    I actually liked the applebee's commercial. I thought it was pretty funny.
    The father character was great because it's the guy who played Lumberg in Office Space. C'mon! He's great!

I ALMOST guessed that they were going to Applebee's when Will suggested that him and his family go to somewhere fancy for dinner. Chili's was the first thing that came to mind. Hahaha
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    I felt most of the ad's were a bit of a jab at all the advertising so I liked it. especially the powerade part laugh.gif
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    Fantastic movie. Right up there just below Anchorman. Any movie that has me laughing out loud at over 75% of the jokes is dandy in my book.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Anyone else notice that 90% of the movie's trailer wasn't actually in the movie? I thought it was great.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    SouL: Yeah, Gary Cole rocks! The character was actually pretty hilarious. I just think most of the 'relationship whaa whaa blah' crap was totally useless.

Overall, I do think it was a pretty good movie. John C. Reilly and Sacha Baron Cohen redeemed all the crappy points.

"Was that Elvis Costello and Mos Def?" haha.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    "chew Big Red or f**k you!"

I laughed about as much as Mat did in this film if not more. Loved the Applebee's commercial.