Home Technical Talk

Wacom problem

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Fuse polycounter lvl 18
So this has been irritating me for the past few weeks .. after some usage my stylus begins to register hits on the pad when i am not even touching it ... it starts going crazy ... and thus it starts pressing random buttons when i only hover over them .. moves my layers, selects etc ... basically causing havoc and making me want to rip my hair out ..

III Demon suggested that it may be too close to the monitor .. but it's always been in this location .. perhaps the stylus has become faulty ? i dunno..

sometimes i just let it chill out and restart the computer or just dont work for a few minutes .. it goes away but then comes back again .. what is the culprit ?

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Is that intuos2/3 ? I got a similar problem last week, something I would describe as 'sticky click'.

I solved it by using the second softer sensitivity (I usually use the very softer one) and also played with the double click sensitivity setting. The one from the Wacom properties, not the windows one.

But still, the problem strickes back if I ever use the 'soft' intuos quickbutton as it switches to the softer setting.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    thanks pior .. it's grapphire 3, i will give it a shot
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    i frequently have wacom problems of varing degrees, i just keep the driver installer on my desktop and install it when a problem arises, fixes the problem everytime.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    I would check for other power sources and or electrical interferance in the area. Just because its "always been there" doesn't mean the shielding in other things close to it hasn't started to break down, or otherwise increase the electrical energy of the area. I had the same problem with my graphire 3 after it sat on the power converter for my laptop for a bit. It was worse however as i wasn't even using the pen but my cursor started jumping about. I'm pretty sure the tablet is just like a smartcard, so emag interferance of sufficent strength will really play havoc with them.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    well i googled the problem and there seems to be a few ocassions when people had similar problems, only could be descrbed as the "sensor gets jammed inside the stylus" problem.. it does make sense because the stylus is what registers hits and it seems that after some usage it sticks and goes bezerk...

at least that is the probable problem... the mouse works fine so i am seriously hoping that it's not a tablet issue, since replacing a stylus is relatively cheap compared to replacing the tablet as a whole ....

any input ?

p.s. reinstalling the drivers etc doesnt seem to be helping much
  • FightingChance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FightingChance polycounter lvl 17
    Something similar, my Graphire 3 works fine until I plug it into my unpowered USB 2.0 hub, then it wigs out. May be a power delivery issue, possibly.