Home Technical Talk

"Running forward, backwards"

Obbin
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Obbin polycounter lvl 17
Hello, I am new to the modelling community!
I decompiled a HL model (made for CS 1.6) and took out the shield sequences and hitboxes from the QC file (To make it possible to use it in CS 1.5).
Now it looks like the player is running forward, when he moves backward.

Any suggestions?

The QC file:
http://www.ampaste.net/95

Replies

• gauss
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    Hello Obbin, welcome to polycount. given the technical nature of this question, you're better off getting a good answer in our 2D/3D forum, not our general discussion forum which is for the rest of "off-topic" type discussions. I'm moving the topic now.
  • Obbin
    Offline / Send Message
    Obbin polycounter lvl 17
  • r13
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    sounds like your decompiler is doing some value swaping. HL hacking of this particlar nature is definately uncharted territory as having custom models in CS was always a unwanted thing. never the less...

it might be as simple as reversing your model's direction on decompile or recompile. I looked at the qc file and didnt see anything in there that looked like direction values so my guess is that its not causeing issues...

if this doesnt help, you might try talking a bit more specifically on what you are doing, what tools and try to identify what is working and what isnt. is the gun loading properly in his hand, do all the animations look ok? to particle fx play properly on or around it [bullet trails going in the right direction]? anything that pertains to direction in some way.. do you see it backward and others in multiple see it right? just guesses on all of that, but trying to help you see the potential clues you may have in front of you.

r13
  • Obbin
    Offline / Send Message
    Obbin polycounter lvl 17
    Oh, Ok.
    Using milkshape do decompile it!
    The thing I want to do is:
    Port a model that is made for CS:1.6 (that looks like the CS:source model) to 1.5.
    The problem is that if i just put the model in the model directory without modifying it, it looks wierd when a player dies (The wrong sequence is playing).
    This is because Counter-Strike uses Sequence numbers instead of sequnence names.

Here is a example:
    Lets say that death animation is nr 50 on a 1.5 model.
    In 1.6 Valve introduced the shied that needs more animations to look good.
    So in a 1.6 model that death sequence is for example nr 60.

So when the game calls animation 50 in 1.5 (the death seq.) and I am using a 1.6 model, I get the shield animaiton instead of the death animation.

Exept for the "running backwards bug" everything looks fine.
    Any other decompiler to recomend?