Home Technical Talk

Sci-fi Conduit animation/posing question - 3ds max

Beluosus
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Beluosus polycounter lvl 17
Hey.
I've been working on a little project for photo-3d compositing. The ultimate goal is something along the lines of this sketch: 917658715_l.jpg
So far, I've modeled the wire/conduit/matrixy-connection-thingy to a point that I'm quite pleased with. The problem I've run into is that now that I have this straight, good looking model, I need to be able to make it curve appropriately. As I type I have it open, and I'm trying what I know. The catch there, is that I've got a limited knowledge (read: one college course, and some tutorials) and the usual google searches haven't turned up anything that's helped. Here's a shot of the model:Conduittest2.jpg I think it's pretty self-explanatory, but since I'd prefer to make things as clear as possible the first time, the wires in beige and pink can deform all they please, but the blue guard thingies need to stay shapely. (and no, I promise I'm not leaving them those colors :-D) Now I'm going to go back and keep trying. If I get it, good for me. If not, hopefully you guys can help me.

Thanks in advance :-)

Replies