Home General Discussion

Titan Quest

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
Anyone pick it up today? I've been pestering the guys at EB but it looks like none of the stores in my area received it today frown.gif

Replies

• BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    Heh we all got our company copies today. The whole studio is stoked!

- BoBo
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    I really wish I had the money, the demo was excellent.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Yea, I really want to pick it up but Prey is coming out in less than 2 weeks ... I think the wife would kill me for buying both frown.gif
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah hah! Found one Best Buy that had copies. So far I'm still killing satyrs and re-playing the levels that the demo covered, but I'm hopeing it gets more fun once I get into the core of the game smile.gif
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    bah! just after i bought a dvd burner and harddrive frown.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    What's so special about Titan Quest? So far it looks like a Diablo clone with the atmosphere of Dungeon Siege to me. Does it have any special features I haven't heard about?
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Does it have any special features I haven't heard about?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the demo's any indication, it's a better diablo clone than Diablo 2 was.
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    What's so special about Titan Quest? So far it looks like a Diablo clone with the atmosphere of Dungeon Siege to me. Does it have any special features I haven't heard about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Half of the PC crew has worked on it.. It must be special smile.gif
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    booted me back to desktop then refused to load my character... i blame the cgchatters who worked on it
  • Dravalen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dravalen polycounter lvl 18
    Played the demo and liked it, just grabbed the full version about an hour ago from the store. The thing boots me to the desktop because I don't meet the "min specs". Not cool...
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Ouch. Are the minimu requirements reasonable?
  • Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    Somehow, in the demo none of the Strings (or whatever they're called here) worked, so every, EVERY bit of text was something like 'Missing: Menu1'. Looks pretty neat though.
  • Dravalen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dravalen polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ouch. Are the minimu requirements reasonable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Geforce 3 or better, I'm just annoyed that the demo ran fine but I can't even play the full version.
  • SkullboX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SkullboX polycounter lvl 18
    This game is awesome in pretty much every aspect. It's huge, it's got lots of nifty items and skills and it looks like it'll have a great replay value. The artwork and art direction are also extremely impressive, as is the consistent quality of nearly every asset in the game.

Of course the downsize is performance and stability. It runs pretty well on my system compared to some of the stories I read on titanquest.net, though for some reason on seemingly random points the framerate drops to 5 or so. I also just lost all my quest progress, even though I still have the character, I would have to start over in Helos with my level 32 character. Appearantly more people are experiencing this over at titanquest.net and luckily this is one of the first things to be fixed in the patch.

Props to the designers and artist, this is one of the coolest games I've played in a long time. By the Way, Bobo, did you do those little blue ice demons? something about their proportions and forearms... smile.gif
  • Zcubed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zcubed polycounter lvl 18
    I was going to write a long response, but Skullbox really said everything I had planned to. tongue.gif

I've just finished up the Greek portion of the campaign and I'm very impressed with the game thus far. The visuals are awesome all around (creatures, equipment, etc). The skill trees are a lot of fun to explore as well; I'm slowly working my way through the Defender techniques.

Unfortunately it's also one of the most unstable games I've ever played. I crash to desktop quite regularly, and I've had a couple of characters corrupted (Luckily just low level test characters). Thankfully it seems like the guys at Ironlore are well aware of the problems and fixing them in the upcoming patch. grin.gif

And yes, it would be cool to hear which monsters you worked on, BoBo. Are you going to update your website with TQ assets?
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I think I'll get this today. I played the demo a bit, and it was awesome. Brings back fond memories of Diablo 2 in highschool. laugh.gif

One question though, is there a multiplayer mode in the full version?
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hopefully we will catch most of the issues in the patch. I think we did go a little crazy with the graphics but we wanted something that could hold up graphically for a while to come. Try to keep the shader quality on high as medium drops out the bump maps all together (low kills the poly grass).

I’m going to be posting some art soon. I did about 20 monsters and too many suits of armor to count. I really had a blast working on this game.

Slum there is co-op. The co-op is streamlined into the single player game. This means that at any point during your single player game you can join someone’s game or have someone jump into your game. Pretty cool if you’re having trouble in an area and need help. Trust me on Epic and Legendary modes you need help. Also I haven’t really seen it announced anywhere but there are a few epic and legendary creatures you can only fight in those modes.

If y’all find any cool armor post your screens of your characters. I’d love to see what pieces you find. My favorite is the Mantis armor. They allowed me a bit of freedom with that set. smile.gif

- BoBo
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    pretty excited about this one, all my friends were into diablo2, so hopefully we'll all be able to take a break from wow and play this smile.gif can't wait to get my pimpalicious signed copy smile.gif
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enjoying the game so far while playing LAN with my roomates, but my biggest peeve with the game is how easy it has been so far. Granted we are only level 20, and just hitting Egypt, but so far none of us have had any difficulty at all. There hasn't been a fight where anyone came close to dieing, and its unfortunately getting a bit boring killing the same easy monsters.

But we're chugging through, hopeing that the difficulty takes a jump sometime soon.

Actually, since Bobo is popping in here, do you know of a console command to increase the difficulty for multiplayer games? I remember diablo 2 had something where you could spoof the console and make the game scale to 8 players even when there were only 2 in the game. Something like that would be awesome, if it exists.

Also, I don't know who made this armor, but my character looks silly frown.gif
    I started with an archer who looked rather cool, then switched to a storm mage who looks like a pregnant lady frown.gif

The stats are good though, so I keep on wearing my pregnant moo-moo.
    tq1.jpg
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It should start ramping up a bit. I'll check into the multiplayer dificulty increase. As far as armor there is plenty to choose from smile.gif

http://www.bobotheseal.com/portfolio/TitanQuest/IL_Equipment_TQ_Matrix.jpg

- BoBo
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    pseudo, remember, normal difficulty is for the sissy-kids kids.....from what I've heard, the next difficulty levels, once you unlock them, are PUNISHING...

I, for one, have never made it past normal mode because I'm a sissy-kid.
  • tarwater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tarwater polycounter lvl 17
    I can vouch for joe...he is a sissy-kid.
  • ChaosEidolon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChaosEidolon polycounter lvl 17
    Holy shit to that screen shot. thats some hotness right there.

Grats on you guys' launch
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    a tarwater? i'm level 34 and pwning newbs.
    brucelvl34.jpg
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    It should start ramping up a bit. I'll check into the multiplayer dificulty increase. As far as armor there is plenty to choose from smile.gif

http://www.bobotheseal.com/portfolio/TitanQuest/IL_Equipment_TQ_Matrix.jpg

- BoBo

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I'm really digging the Tron looking armor there. ^_^
  • cochtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    The game looks great.......when it doesnt crash on me. I can run the game at the highest setting possible and yet if i close the game and restart again (at the res shrine) the frame rate just drops to zero and the game freezes up on me. if i alt-tab out and into the game it will work fine again, but only for a few mins or so. I got the game after seeing the artwork posted here, but its just not playable for me frown.gif
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Demo kicked ass. Ran a little slow here on a GF6600 but otherwise very cool game. I love Greek mythology so this is right up my alley.
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    i read in IGN that the treasure drop system is a bit odd, like you can find a item at the begining that will last you the whole game , and that there isnt much replay value. what do you guys think of that? Is it better than diablo2? Cos im still playing that now.
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IGN's opinion of the treasure system doesn't seem to be true at all. I am constantly finding and upgrading gear, I think the longest I have gone without an upgrade is 10 levels on my torso armor, and that was only because I found an awesome piece of armor early on in the game.

My opinion about the difficulty being too easy definitely changed towards the end of normal difficulty and into epic. Now I have to play carefully, else I get raped by crocadile men before I even know what hit me. smile.gif
    The difficulty really balanced out in Epic mode. It is challenging enough so that I don't get bored playing, yet the encounters aren't overly powerful.

I can't say enough good things about the game. It really feels like the guys at Iron Lore put a lot of care and polish into the game, and I think every aspect of the game shows it, from the backgrounds (the Great Wall and Mt Olympus bits were especially impressive), to the interface (things like being able to accept party invites while shopping, stacking the questlog/map, and countless other little things that the devs thought about and planned for).

btw. the floating chubby Djinn enemies are a new favorite smile.gif
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My latest progress:

(No more fat dress, yay!)
    tq2.jpg
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Right , im sold ... ill go get this one tomora
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Right , bump

Ive played it for a few hours , and its seeming like a great diablo cloane , my only problems with it so far.... i havnt died, and the map is not randomised in any way .. (i think)

This seems like a real letdown on the replayability side at the moment ... but i havnt looked at the map editor ... if theres a random map generator , that might be quite fun.
  • cw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cw polycounter lvl 17
    I'm really enjoying this game so far. Like diablo and co. but with all the annoyances ironed out - like a carrot-stick loot supermarket of fun and greed-satisfying collect-age.

Nice change from the crackpipe of WoW which usually sucks me in of an evening. It's really ruining my productivity at doing my own stuff you know. smile.gif Must do something about that.