Home General Discussion

I'm sorry ElysiumGX and Lee3dee

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
I saw this over at Game Trailers and i remembered you had worked on it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=11580&type=mov

worth the watch.

Replies

• ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Don't be sorry for me dude laugh.gif

My work is on gametrailers, that's awesome.
    I seriously did not expect this game to be on that kind of site. It's not exactly a game designed for "gamers". It's an achievement that it was even released under the circumstances. I'm proud of what I was able to contribute.

It's a learning experience. Funny thing is, because of that review, more people know the game is out. HAHA
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I would think he'd kill himself over something worse...surely there's some games rated 1.0!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Hahaha. Don't forget to tease Lee3dee. *pokes fun at lee*
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Haha. Wow, thats so amazingly harsh. Don't sweat it though guys, I'm sure everyone winds up with a few nasty reviews over their careers. I certainly have.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    you got paid? you got a good portfolio? whats to worry about.
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    I think this deserves a lollerskates:
    lollerskates.gif
    In total, I agree with Shapeiro, so just go on and brush the dirt off ya shouldas
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    you got paid? - actually we all get a percentage of the sales, so haven't been paid yet.

That was the best freaking review I have ever watched! I laughed so much, even my co-workers were laughing. I never expected this game to be on gametrailers. 3.2 out of 10 was i expected for a gamers review.

It was a great learning experience, dealing all the problems of poor software development & management. Thankfully, I scored a free commerical version of Maya 6.5 Unlimited out of the deal laugh.gif
  • Cthogua
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cthogua polycounter lvl 18
    "I blame them for showing me the face of hell and expecting me to live through it" laugh.gif too funny

...good night...sweet prince
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Funny review, but I honestly think it will sell. I think there is a niche market for games like this, and I don't believe many games exist like this... I could be wrong though.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Ouch. Sorry guys.
    If it makes ya feel better, their review of STACKED wasn't a whole lot better frown.gif
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Hey, pro experience. Hopefully some back-end cash.
    Cant complain too much. You could have wasted that time on a failed Mod or something instead...

'Grats though on a shipped title!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is a shipped title, and that's cool. I think Lee and I are both surprised to see the game on a site like GT. With a trailer (when did that happen?), and a hilarious review. Yes, the ducks are being murdered. Go back to playing GTA. Other sites have given good reviews.

The game is selling. My mom bought it, as well as my grandparents. laugh.gif
    But it is not a gamers game. Not a game for someone who is going to criticize the UV mapping, animations, controls, etc. Its a game for hunters. It sells for under $20. I think the market is there. The company behind the game mostly sells instructional videos for hunting enthusiasts. So its amazing that this game was released, and on a tiny budget. I may never get paid.

While the game is getting noticed, I'll just mention that I worked on the 2 hunter characters, and all their camo (yes, there is a camo style called Obsession). Some of the scenes in the review were recorded with Fraps by me into a video (that's what they wanted), and some scenes were animated in XSI with a camera mapping technique, and mixed into the ingame footage (that's what it needed). Lee did a couple maps in the Torque editor, and several environment assets in Maya. He animated my characters to be exported into the engine. He also made some controversial renders of my characters, that I hope were deleted. laugh.gif

I really wanted the dog to laugh when I missed a shot. frown.gif And Lee wanted to add a minigun.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    He animated my characters to be exported into the engine

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, my work was deleted by the programmer and he tried doing it himself. wink.gif

I worked on: 4 environment levels with all the assets, Menu UI for game screens and HUD, character animations for dog and hunter (which were deleted), website & forums.

It's our first published game, granted its not going to be in the game of the year section in game informer, but it will hopefully provide both of us with that 1 title that every company requires you to have in order to get a job.

Btw, I still have the man & dog sex render laugh.gif If anyone wants to see it, i'll post the link on irc.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    So there is a Hot Dog mod after all?
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    I think it's a tad weird to review a hunting game at all, considering the audience for game reviews is so different than the audience for the games themselves. It's like a hardcore punk 'zine printing a review for the Budapest Symphony's rendition of Peer Gynt. It's not likely to be good, and it's almost certainly not relevant!

[ QUOTE ]
    Thankfully, I scored a free commerical version of Maya 6.5 Unlimited out of the deal

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE! Awesome. I'd totally contribute to a hunting game for a Maya upgrade. smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, Lee got the better end of the deal. So far I've seen about $500 for 5 months of work on a cinematic. It seemed nice at the time, when I was only expecting to spend 2 weeks on it.

[ QUOTE ]
    actually, my work was deleted by the programmer and he tried doing it himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, right. The programmer who thought he could make the whole game himself.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    ahhh programers....;) im not duck huntig fan, but its something different from what we see oput there .