Home General Discussion

translated manga about the dangers of human rights

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
There's a new human rights bill about to be passed in Japan and here's a manga showing the horrible consequences the bill will have (like giving lazy foreigners jobs!)

Link to translated pages

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    far more interesting than the comic, was the discussion that it produced on that site.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    So that's why Japan sided weith the Nazis?
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    lol yes.

no human rights in this country <- it's true.

basically, never do something that would land you in prison. Once there, you can't contact the outside world until your time is up. frown.gif

Thats why I stay out of fights here and give any sort illegal activities a very wide birth.

I saw my friend get beat up by some bar staff the other day, actually he deserved it because he was being a prick. The police station is just down the road, there was no way in hell I was going to get involved in that.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    far more interesting than the comic, was the discussion that it produced on that site.

[/ QUOTE ]

well "debito" is a well know figure in trying to get and inforce rights for foriegners here. so if anyone can ramp up the proceedings, it's him.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Japan catching up to the 20th century..
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    It's amazing that such a highly civilized technological society can have such primative standerds when it comes to human rights . Really they are only slightly diffrent then say the Taliban in that regard . I can understand not wanting crime but hey why don't they hire 20,000 cops instead that would go a lot further in that regard.
  • Paul Jaquays
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Jaquays polycounter lvl 18
    I'm certain that ultra-conservatives in Japan are simply looking across the Pacific at another nation where laws protecting human rights and freedoms are abused by people who know how to work the system. Individual incidents in that cartoon could have been taken from American news headlines.

On the positive side of things, passage of this law could do wonders for any trade imbalance the US has with Japan. They are obviously going to need a lot of lawyers and we certainly have a surplus that we can ship them.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know what they are droning on about anyway, Tokyo is like 99% Japanese 1% foreigner. Japan as a whole is 99.9% Japanese.

We get it rough here, a little human rights would go a long way. But so does not; taking the piss, acting like you're in a theme park or screaming at the top of your voice in english, drunk outside a policestation. More often than not equal rights do exist here but not on paper, because it's a society built on trust "rules". <- it's true.
    act like an asshole and society punishes you. Police are very rough here, no matter what you did, you're wrong.

I could go on all day. delete this thread before I waste my wednesday
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    actually if they had a bill of human rights last year I could have got some money from my apartment agency.

however in reality they told me to kindly go screw myself out of a months rent because they knew it would be impossible for me to take them to court.

(japan doesn't even have a health inspection agency, so banzai! human rights!)
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Thats why I stay out of fights here and give any sort illegal activities a very wide birth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention the fact that all Japanese either carry a samurai sword on them or are experts at martial arts.

Oh yeah, I'm probably taking a week long vacation in Japan next year, look out!!