Home General Discussion

fear mongering is fun!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
John Warner polycounter lvl 18
is it just me, or does this image look incredibly fake:

http://stb.msn.com//i/3F/7EFF9A032ABA60D15FACAB18A85A.jpg

today on msn.com (don't ask me why i haven't changed my internet explorer startup page here at work)

i saw that image next to the headline:

17 ARRESTED IN CANADIAN TERRORISM THREAT
the article is here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10663276/?GT1=8211

now i might be crazy, but it REALLY looks to me like the soldier in the image i posted is cut into the scene- looks like the light source is wrong. does that disturb anyone else? i'm not trying to spread shit. if i'm crazy, do tell me so.

Replies

• rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I dunno, do you think they are actually trying to say that is a photo? it seems to me more like a representational depiction of the story on the frontpage, but I agree its taking things a bit too far
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    fine, but if so, what are they representing? a much more fearful situation than what acctualy exists. looks like a propaganda spread to me. anyway i'm sure this is nothing new. i wouldn't know becuase i dont generaly watch the news for a good reason.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Ha ha, that guy would have to be like 4 feet tall if it were real, but is obviously fake. Yes. I think this crosses the line from story graphic to fake photo. They obviously tried to make it look real, but had no skillz
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Not only that but hios shadow has a different strength and angle than the car's.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    That's quite poor. Well done MSNBC.

I remember a local newspaper over here a few years ago, had an interview with a guy who lived down our street, and he'd had a car accident 5-10 years previously, so his face wasn't exactly fun to look at, but they gave him a different pair of glasses for the photo shoot, then took the pictures back to their labs and photoshopped a moustache onto him and painted his hair a different colour to make him seem more respectable and friendly.

I thought it was a bit ridiculous.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    this is piss in the ocean compared to the fear-mongering shit they [the media in general] have pulled in the past

still, lame as hell, but let's not forgot the flat out lie that was the "iran considers badges for jews" story.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    Hahahahha... he looks like an f'ing cardboard cut-out. If you think that's bad, it's nothing compared to this. Lewis Black did a segment about it on The Daily Show a while back (click here to check it out).
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    holy crap keyser, now that definately is F-ed up