Home General Discussion

PROOF of psychic ability..

sledgy
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sledgy polycounter lvl 18
Today I have undisputed proof of psychic ability. So I broke up with a girl about 1.5 years ago that I was good friends with for 3 years prior. We went out for a brief time (about 5 months) and broke up bitterly. Haven't talked to her since then but last night before bed I got an overwhelming urge to give her a call and see what's up. I can just tell something is wrong. I called her today and it turns out she's in the hospital after a suicide attempt last night (tried to OD on her anti-anxiety medication + a big bottle of bourbon). She's doing ok and is going to see her dad for awhile in New Orleans.

I also have this weird bond with my best friend from high school who's a big traveller - was in the army for 6 years stationed in Honduras and a bunch of other bases and lived in most states. There's one picture I have of he and his daughter catching her first fish (he's a great fisherman, passionate) that 8 times out of 10 if I look at it, he'll call 5 minutes later.

Anybody else got psychic stories?

Replies

• Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Really hope to hear that your ex starts to do better man. That's a very sad thing.

[ QUOTE ]
    But let's not get into that, better with some mysticism in our lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your whole post, but I really agree with that part. This really isn't proof, but I find it much better left as is. If you explain EVERYTHING in life there's nothing fun left to wonder at. smile.gif
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    i called my friend's house the other night right after they started asking where i was (i was on my way). I just had the urge to pick up the phone and call to say 'im comin, chill out.' but its probably just some wierd hole in the world where all of our minds are meeting up but not letting our bodies know.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    These kinds of things happen to me a lot, too. But they're just reminders that the whole of existence revolves around me so I don't pay much attention to them. smile.gif

Sorry to hear about your ex. I hope she's able to work through whatever's pushed her to attempt suicide.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I believe that the human brain operates not just on an electrochemical level, but also on some kind of quantum or sub-atomic level. My completely unsubstantiated theory is that brains act like transceivers, and that powerful thoughts, events and emotions leave a wake that can be perceived by those who are for some reason more sensitive.

That’s my secular, non-mystical yet still cool explanation for psychic phenomena.

I've had a lot of strange occurrences in my life that I chalk up to coincidence, but one that springs to mind is a game my girlfriend and I play. We just call it "the movie game" where one person names 2 actors, and the other person simply has to name the movie they were in together. Easy.

However, sometimes before she can even open her mouth to say the 1st actor, let alone anything else, I can guess what movie she's thinking about. It’s like "ok, how about this one..." "backdraft" "WTF! How did you know? I didn’t even say anything!!"
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    Coincidences happen all the time. Yesterday my next door neighbor rang the door bell and I opened up, he said he had bumped into my brother yesterday at the Airport in Italy. He was visiting his son who is learning to become a chef there, and my brother was on a Mediterranean cruise. He took a picture with him and framed it, such a small world... confused.gif
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to see it, is there still a canadian?
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    my friend was talking one day and i pointed the remote at him and hit the power button and he instantly forgot what he was talking about...

does that count? ;D
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    I backed up all q3 models and weapons just a week before polycount had the site change

talk about instincts!

also sorta unrelated, but in 2003 i did experience a premonition and posted about it on the polycount messageboard in july about a large power outage, and a week later into august 03 it actually happened

freaky
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    You only notice when stuff like that happens, that kinda screws up the statistics.
    And you only have psychic ability when you can use it at will. Its like when you accidentaly drop a rifle, it fires and hits the bullseye, it doesnt make you master marksman or something.
  • Soccerman18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soccerman18 polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Its like when you accidentaly drop a rifle, it fires and hits the bullseye, it doesnt make you master marksman or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now if you could do that every time I'd say you're pretty good.
  • Zergxes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zergxes polycounter lvl 18
    I blame the Bermuda Triangle.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    I've had intuitive experiences concerning those that I care for...much like how you described.

My cousins' mom (my auny) had a diabetic episode that blinded her (temporarily). Her son was here in California and had a terrible dream about his mom and phoned her. He then heard that she had been rushed to the hospital only moments before he made the phonecall.

Intuition (at least in my family) is believed to be hereditary. My mom and grandma say itution is like a weak radio signal...you always have to be playing with the antenae to catch the signal. The more you play with it the more adept you are at tuning in.

You could chalk it all up to concidence; i'm a firm believer in intuition though.

-R
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    i refer to it as ying and yang: two beings who are in-synched with each other will be ying and yang, when one pushes the other will be pushed, and vise versa.

i believe this can be applied to people who do not know each other as well, those "co-incidents" with other people.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    If you're meaning yin and yang, those represent things that are opposite one another, not coincident to each other. If not, never mind smile.gif
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    yes yin and yang
    they are opposites - but you are not looking at the larger picture: they are equal halfs of a bigger one. they can't exist without one another, they are perfect compliments, when one push the other is pushed with no energy loss or add. since the other can then push the one, the negavtive and positive are judgemental observarions, it doesn't matter which is which.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    yes yin and yang
    they are opposites - but you are not looking at the larger picture: they are equal halfs of a bigger one. they can't exist without one another, they are perfect compliments, when one push the other is pushed with no energy loss or add. since the other can then push the one, the negavtive and positive are judgemental observarions, it doesn't matter which is which.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always seen the yin-yang as a symbol of equilibrium. I think that's sort of what you're describing there.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    i predict the end of the world next tuesday at 5.00pm.
    If that does n't happen then I predict it at 6.00pm the following thurday.
    This may go on for some time
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Once, In 5th grade, I was playing connect four with a friend.
    He was winning, and about to put in his last move, when I looked at the bottom, and a second later it fell out, making all the pieces fall on the ground.
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    You guys that believe in psychic stuff are all so cute. smile.gif
  • LordScottish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LordScottish polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] People who think we figured out how the world works are equally cute wink.gif
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever felt like someone was watching you? Then when you looked around someone was? That's psychic stuff. You feel someone watching and there was.
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Unless it's someone watching you and they also farted. Too many variables.
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    Yesterday my vacation time was denied to go visit my fiance in Indianapolis. My AC in the house broke as well. Giving me every reason to just take my money and finally move. All i was worried about was a job.

So the same day I make the descision to move (today), I pick up the phone to call my tech recruiter in Indianapolis. As i'm dialing, my outlook gives me the new mail chime, and it's him. We setup an interview next week for a perfect job.

I cant think that is merely coincidence, as i've never gotten a job listing from him before.

My fiance has no idea, and I plan to surprise her by just showing up at her work hehe. We've been planning this move for years.
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    When I read this thread I just knew I'd end up posting something.
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    Nevermind. This crap works in reverse too. Got my hopes up, and came home to an IRS notice saying I owe them from a mistake they made. My fiance was also less than excited about the news. Figures.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I have de ja vu all the time, I chalk it up to my brain recording short term memories in the wrong place.
  • spider2cool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
    ITS ALL A GLITCH IN THE MATRIX...LOL
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    One time, someone left the room, and I farted. It's like they knew it was going to happen. Then, some animal died. Figures.
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] People who think we figured out how the world works are equally cute wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, more like old and jaded. smile.gif
  • Zergxes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zergxes polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    One time, someone left the room, and I farted. It's like they knew it was going to happen. Then, some animal died. Figures.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like cause and effect to me. At least with the animal dying after the fart...