Home General Discussion

New Marko Djurdjevic drawings

MoP
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MoP polycounter lvl 18
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68188

He just posted up some more mind-blowing art today.

I dunno how many of you check Conceptart.org, but these are too good to miss. Easily one of my favourite concept artists in the world. A master of the pencil.

Replies

• Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Much that I look forward to them and expect much awesomeness, the images aren't showing up for me frown.gif

Some of the responses are really annoying me already though. I mean 'holy shit fuk'? Honestly, why bother responding at all?
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Sweet stuff, he should color all of these.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    hahaha that fucker
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    Love the fact the claw hand dude has all this crap from the seashore on him.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    i hate that tool
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Damn that guy is good. I'd never even heard of him before now, so thanks for posting. smile.gif

And Daz, don't people do that around here all the time as well... ?
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    damn, this is why I can only take conceptart in small doses, otherwise I might just act on that ol' 'urge to jump'
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    Damn, I'm taking my pencil work off site.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    JKMakowka: get with the program, you're not using the right avatar.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

And Daz, don't people do that around here all the time as well... ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I honestly don't think so no. Almost an entire thread of 'omg you ROxorz you are god fuck me I cant believe it oh my Ive just cum, wowzores'. There's only a handful of people in the thread that had the testicles to dare to offer up useful, constructive critique. So nah, not really.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    let's be kind, people. not all forums have as rigorously maintained forum culture and etiquette as ours (ahem) smile.gif big posts from the heavy boys at CA tend to bring out all the gibbering love fest-style posts... not far from what happens when someone like Hawkprey dumps a bunch of work here, though admittedly people here are a bit more responsive than "holy shit fuk"

here's my thing: not just with crits but with the overall etiquette of appreciation in this culture--especially when it comes to famous actors/artists/musicians and the like. why is it that people say "i love you" or other such mostly inappropriate gushings like omg ur brilliant? what's a declaration of love from someone you don't know? why say things that either aren't true or just make the person feel slightly uncomfortable (or worse, inflate their ego and make other people jealous/uncomfortable)?

what we ought to be saying is thank you. that's all. in the usual round of gushing, the admirer says something retarded like i love you or you're the best, etc. and then the person being admired says thank you. but we've got that wrong--the admirers should be saying thank you, at which point the other person can say you're welcome. much easier, and frankly a more accurate portrayal of the sentiments involved.

because as in the case of mr. Djurdjevic, it's clear that he's a very talented individual, and most people really appreciate seeing him post his work. most of us on this board are artists and would also like recognition for our work, but proportional to the level that we're at--wildly exaggerated praise or other hyperbole just makes the whole thing uncomfortable for everyone.
    so how about thank you, not holy shit fuk.

and on that note, i thank marko for posting his work. smile.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    dear, dear gauss, where did you get those eloquence lessons from? Your ability to explain things in such an elegant and intelligent yet coherent, easy to understand fashion consistently puts us all to shame.

YOu fucking roXorz mate! H0ly shit fuuuuuuk I wUb U!!!111

smile.gif

p.s Incase I didn't make it clear, I respect Marko's work.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm... I didn't read enough of the replies to realize it was that bad, yea, it's deffinatly better than that around here. And there is a lot of constructive critisism. (Sometimes, I tend to have troubles luring people into my threads.)

And Guass, that is actually an awesome take on the matter. We thank everyone who does a service to us, down to the hamburber boy at McDonalds, but we don't actually thank artists for their work often. smile.gif
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    When I met him I thought he was a prick(Gawz just called him a "lazy european"), but his art is really good.
    And yeah, the fan-boy scrotum sucking is a bit much on most forums.

Also, they arent open to getting critiques in other venues either. People show me their art, and I Start to think of critiques or ways to tear it apart, and then stop myself thinking "this isnt polycount...they probably dont want to hear whats wrong with their art", because frequently, they just take offense.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    the fan-boy scrotum sucking is a bit much on most forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! give me a link to THAT please!

j/k.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    Daz: thank you kindly. honestly, it all just stemmed from just being a regular part of this culture--admiring film directors, actors, authors, artists, singers and musicians--but really being dissatisfied with the regular modes of expressing appreciation.
    it's totally mad, the kind of dynamics that have developed--like say with your favorite band, you go to their show, and everyone feels like they have a personal relationship with the songs, a real connection... and many bands feel like they have a strong connection with their fans in turn, but it's far from a 1:1 ratio kind of deal. not that i've really done the backstage pass sort of thing, but we've all occasionally met minor to major heroes in our life, and the encounter just kind of seemed weird. because you're both just people, and people are people. whenever they're built up to be anything else, the reality of things clashes with that.

so it's that, and just that at some point in my life i realized that just appreciating someone's work doesn't magically let them know that you appreciate it. we're artists, we know how good it feels to have someone else recognize the quality of our work.
    so i've really tried to let people know about that appreciation when i can. the random eastern european guy that programmed my favorite granular synthesis music prog that i've played around with for years? i sent him an email, saying thank you. cause otherwise how else are they going to know?

saying i love you or you're AWESOEM OMG !!1 doesn't really mean anything. we all know it's just hyperbolic garbage. but thank you is a universal, known quantity that we call all exchange and know the meaning of.

ok, enough pontificating from me laugh.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    ok, enough pontificating from me laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah back to power-hungry moderating. 8-)

poop.gif
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    dammescream.gif
    SO POWER-CRAZED
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    That is the best animated gif EVAR!
    Thank you!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    it's also 2.6mb
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    2.6Megs of total Awsomeness, you mean!!!

Scott
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    I don't have a connection to anyone I like, in fact the more I like someones work the less I want to know about them for fear that their some sort of uber-prick.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I don't have a connection to anyone I like...

[/ QUOTE ]

So tempting!