Home Technical Talk

Draw-a-thon

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
Hey, I've been thinking of doing this for some time, so I figured I'd see if anyone else around here was interested and would like to join me. I'm going to set aside a full day to purely draw. I'll give myself 12 subjects to draw, and 12 hours to do it, 1 hour per drawing, and am going to post my hourly updates here. (Partly for critique, partly to make sure I remain fully motivated).

The main reason for this is that I really badly need to work on my drawing, and I figure that this could help out, and it should be kinda fun.

So yea, I'm not sure when exactly I'm going to do it, probably next saturday or friday, though other things like poker night might cause a post-poning.

Anyways, would anyone else be interested in doing it with me? I think it could be interesting to see the variations we could get on a set of subjects.

If no one does, which is what I'm guessing will happen, hopefully I can atleast get the rest of ya to critique the hell outa what I do, keep me motivated, and possibly help out with getting an interesting list of topics to cover in my drawings. (I'm thinking I might make the last subject the same as the first, as a way of marking progress made through the session.)

Thanks a bunch.

Replies

• hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I don't think it would help you much.

the skill of drawing is increased through repetition over time, theres no sense in trying to cram 12 drawings back to back.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Indeed, I was gonna say the same (plus, 12 drawings in 12 hours at an hour a drawing, when are you going to eat?)...

It's a worthy goal to draw more every day, but i don't think it should be taken to such an extreme that you're drawing back to back for half a day (unless you're getting paid for it, heh) ... just take it easy, focus on getting things finished, examining your work or posting it for critique, finding weak points and focus on those as areas for improvement.

No need to cram, just take your time and never give up.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Alright, good point. smile.gif THanks for saying. Hopefully I can find time to draw more on a daily basis then. smile.gif

Thanks guys.
  • Zergxes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zergxes polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    (plus, 12 drawings in 12 hours at an hour a drawing, when are you going to eat?)...

[/ QUOTE ]

"Still Life, Half-Eaten Sandwich"