I'm a HUGE fan of this series and this looks awesome:
http://www.smashbros.com/en/movie/index.html

Samus, Wario, PIT, Snake.. oh man..

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    yea i LOVE smash bros. Spent sooo much time playing that with friends that its scary.

Only thing that sounds retarded about this one is when they said that you could have a nintendog run up to the screen and put its paws on the screen so you couldnt see anything.

Yea... thats fun.

other than that, w00t
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Well, in Mario Kart 64 you could have a Blooper spray ink all over someone's screen... Perhaps it's an online-only item.

I like the design for pit. Though he looks like he just escaped from a Square-Enix game.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Whoa!??

Nobuo Uematsu is composing the music for this game too. Saweeet!
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Never played the game before, but I have to say I liked that trailer, particularly the end hehe.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Only thing that sounds retarded about this one is when they said that you could have a nintendog run up to the screen and put its paws on the screen so you couldnt see anything.

[/ QUOTE ]I suspect thats some sort of super power-up Concrete Donkey style attack.

Can't wait for Wii.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it's more of an item, hit someone with a dog treat in multi-console multiplayer and his screen will be obscured by a puppy.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    For the benifit of anyone who isn't watching:

xp60es.jpg
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Very nice trailer, looks like it should be pretty good. But is it just me or does their write up seem completely unprofessional?
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    I love how as the 'next gen aura' passes over Kirby's orbular body, nothing happens and he looks puzzled.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Very nice trailer, looks like it should be pretty good. But is it just me or does their write up seem completely unprofessional?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's done "blog" style, much like the making of section, by the game's director.
  • Mister Sentient
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    SNAAAAAAAAAKE!
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    I really wonder why they didn't pull this trailer out for their conference. Imagine the sort of cheers they would have got when Snake popped up on screen. After telling us a year ago that Smash would be a launch title, it was a little depressing not to have them mention it at all in the conference. Maybe it was a really last minute thing and someone was sitting around pumping out the final details on tuesday. Either that or they didn't want to disappoint anyone saying it will be out in 2007 now.

I'm so excited for this one. Snake is completely and utterly awesome, and the thought that Sonic has a good chance at getting in now has me pretty pumped. Mario vs Sonic for real? There's no way they could pass that up. Both Nintendo and SEGA would be stupid not to do it.
  • Zergxes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zergxes polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I love how as the 'next gen aura' passes over Kirby's orbular body, nothing happens and he looks puzzled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

Metaknight looks cooler than I remember from the 3 minuites of the Kirby show that I saw.

I heard a rumor that they had at the last minuite scrapped Ridley from the playable list in the GC version. I hope they bring that around for this one.

And Snake, I mean... HOLY CRAP!
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    I too liked the kirby bit. I don't like fart jokes. Or zero suit.
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    I know they won't have it...but I can at least imagine the various ways in which Snake could violently dispatch Pikachu like he does his usual enemies in the Metal Gear games...
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    attach some C4 to the little yellow rat and let him run wild. next time he tries to shock someone BOOM! laugh.gif
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's done "blog" style, much like the making of section, by the game's director.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh! That makes sense I guess. I'm not up with the times on the whole blog thing. I still think it'd have been better if it had been made atleast a bit professional though.

Ahh well, the game looks damn good, so who cares. smile.gif
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    absolutely love this game .. this one is gonna be awesome smile.gif.. it's the THE game me and my buddies play when we get together .. increadible replay value
  • Spoon_of_death
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon_of_death polycounter lvl 17
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    It's strange, because it's graphics don't look that jaw-dropping amazing for a next gen counsel. But then again, that seems to be nintendo's thing, not really trying to impress graphically at first, and then they'll release a game for their counsle that is visually stunning beyond comprehension such as Resident Evil 4, and the soon to come Zelda Game.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    It's strange, because it's graphics don't look that jaw-dropping amazing for a next gen counsel. But then again, that seems to be nintendo's thing, not really trying to impress graphically at first, and then they'll release a game for their counsle that is visually stunning beyond comprehension such as Resident Evil 4, and the soon to come Zelda Game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wii is not much more powerful than GC.
    The new Zelda runs on both Wii and GC as i understand.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon: That didn't work. Try again.