Home General Discussion

Warcraft Live Action Movie

polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    hmm Legendary Pictures they have some big names in the works as a production companys, and did batman begins and doing superman returns

maybe it won't suck
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Haha, yea, that was my thoughts. At first hearing about it, it was somewhat of a "not another shitty game based movie". But Legendary has some good stuff, so I'm feeling optimistic. laugh.gif

Though I'd have still prefered it to have been done by the blizz cinematics crew, live action should be cool. smile.gif
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    it will suck orc balls wink.gif
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    Since Blizzard would rather cancel any project regardless how much budget it already consumed, over releasing a bad game, i have hopes that they will be equally strict with the movie.

There's sure enough story and stuff in the Warcraft universe/games to make an Epic movie ala LoTR. That's hard to match, but the maerial is there.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    no. The "material" is crap. It works for a game cause it was made for a game, but if you try to pull a novel or a movie out of it, its just gonna be juvenile.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually, I really enjoy the Warcraft novels... there's already lots of them out by the way, so there's no "if" there.
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    my vote is for uwe boll.
    and my guess is that this is 'jump the shark' time. when the doom movie came out, i was so embarresed to be a doom player because of the image it gave to the public. i'm sure this will have the same social effect as a Dungeons and Dragon movie.
  • SyaPed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SyaPed polycounter lvl 18
    I'm guessing some evil doer will be on the verge of obtaining some magical power bomb that will doom or enslave the world. A band of adventurers will form, consisting of a dim, do gooder human fighter, grumpy dwarf, arrogant highelf, friendly giant taruen and an anti-social, chip on her shoulder night elf. They'll kill the bad guy (or banish him for a sequel later on) and save the world.

Or maybe it'll be based on that cancelled Warcraft adventure game...Breaking the racial barriers and taboos between humans and orcs...
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It'll actually probably be based on some of the huge amount of mythology written about the world. It's funny to see how little most of you know of the Warcraft universe but how you choose to post like experts. There have been a fuck load of novels written as well as the game (The one I read was actually very good, and I'm choosy with my books. My friend has also read a trilogy which he liked very much), plus lore within the games and lore that is kept within blizz.

Getting a story would be no problem. Uwe Boll wouldn't be directing it. He's announced he will not be making game based movies any longer after excessive bashing for his previous ones. He also has no affiliation with Legendary.

I can understand being skeptical, but atleast get your facts straight. :P
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Arrgg.. why warcraft? Make a Starcraft or a Diablo, or even a LostVikings movie (or game for that matter) but not something out of that utterly boring, uninspired and generic setting frown.gif

They should just fucking forget about that sucky franchise, and should have done so before working on a MMORPG.
  • Asherr
  • Mark Dygert
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    of all blizzard games, only starcraft deserved cinematic adaptation.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Nice one Vig. Wasn't there a movie kinda like that? That means that Hollywood will be sure to copy/remake/sequel it. I hope that Martin Lawerence is involved in some way.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    as long as they include references to leroy jenkins, face melting, and a dwarf finding two elves hitting on each other, i'll be happy.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    of all blizzard games, only starcraft deserved cinematic adaptation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree but hollywood goes where the money is and not always the best IP to develop. The last time I checked StarCraft didn't have 5.5 million paying customers who will more than likely go see it opening weekend.
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    I bet the movie concerns Arturo the Warrior and his edge-of-your-seat-exciting quest to get the full Valor set. Oh, and he spends part of the movie farming ore in EPL for his arcanite reaper. Ah! And I almost forgot: 60 tank LFG UBRS, run it 12 times and no Draconian Deflector!!! PST!!!!

It's gonna rock, just like WoW!
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    Vig, every korean gamer on teh planet would see it.. oh wait.. they would pirate it..

I doubt it will be based of any of the real mythologies written. Sorry guy but thats just not how it's ever done. It's going to be terrible, mostly because movies can't carry the same emotions and connections of an interactive game. It's one thing to pretend you are an orc, compared to watching one act out as somone else imagined it. Most of the time it's utterly dissapointing.

If they want to do it right, they should create the mythos starting with this movie. Show the story of the birth of the orc race etc. Different media IMO should warrant a different start for fanbase. You want bank? Make a movie moking video game adaptations of movies. About the cast/crew of such a movie and thier comical antics resulting from defending the game from becomming a terrible movie.
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    That would be actually funny, making the movie about a warrior trying to get his magic armor set and whereever he goes there's chinese characters farming in the backround...