Home General Discussion

Pixar's "Cars" to hit the real road

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
flaagan polycounter lvl 18
Seeing as I've been QA'in for the PSP game, and still lookin forward to the movie coming out soon, anyone interested in checkin this out, here yah go:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14128

Replies

• Leech
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leech polycounter lvl 18
    The cars remind me too much of those gas ads with the animated clay cars.

Think this movie is going to be big?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Think this movie is going to be big?

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote our producer when I was talking with him on friday...
    "this movie's gonna be huuuuuuuuuuge" laugh.gif
    I'm really lookin forward to it; It's pixar, and everyone I've talked to who (rightfully so) was giving it a 'meh' after the initial teaser is lookin forward to it.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I think it looks pretty cool. I caught a few looks at the big 5 foot tall cardboard cutout at the theater. Those things are printed in super hi DPI. It's neat to get a good look at the materials used in the rendering. I wonder what texture resolution feature films use these days. I'm pretty sure the rust bumpmaps were procedural.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Headlamps are cars eyes, the Pixar doesnt get it and i give big thumbs down for it.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Agreed, while I'm sure Pixar won't fail to deliver an awesome movie, I feel that since regular cars seem to have an "expression" based on the headlights and radiator grille at the front, it makes sense to go that way since it's easier to associate with.

Oh well. Looks nice regardless.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    The lights would create a completely different face shape. And hell, this way they can wipe their eyes when they are moved to tears (or cleaning fluid).
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    *fake spoiler*

they all die when gas goes over anyones price range this summer!
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    What would that be, the dreaded 50 cents per litre?
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    It's most likely going to go over $3.75 US this summer. God only knows how much it's going to be in the UK area. I don't know about you, but I'm loosing a lot of spendable income. Enough to warrant selling my car and moving into the city where I can walk/bike.

And KDR don't you have anything better to do than stiffle peoples jokes? I know i'm bad, but jesus.. you and cheap.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    are we having the "eyes in the windshield" debate each time the movie is mentioned? GET LAID...seriously!

edit: gas prices? wtf? on second thought, don't ever reproduce.

[ QUOTE ]
    highlighted by an appearance at the World Premiere for Disney/Pixar's Cars on May 26 in Charlotte, NC at the Lowe's Motor Speedway

[/ QUOTE ]

that's my hometown. i may wanna check that out. i haven't been to a nascar race in so many years.

edit#2: looks like the premiere at the track is already sold out. frown.gif