Home General Discussion

South park isnt funny.

What the fuck happened, this season sucked. I WANT MY MONEY BACK BITCHES.

Replies

• The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    come on guys, i am being super serial about this!
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    south park is funny.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    South park > You
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    Ye we suppose you think you're any better, EQ?
    Even the cartoon models look better than the crap you post.
    You fucking stoner get off this board.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    I haven't like the show since the movie. Even then it was wearing thin.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    It got real old real fast for me. I don't even get why it's still around. :P
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's on comedy central, they renewed mind of mencia for chris sake!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I can't watch it, but saw the Scientology episodes online, and they were awesome.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    South Park makes a lot more sense, and is more funny, if watched in large doses. Its still on, and will continue to be on, because its very often quite pointed and rather unbiased social commentary.
    And come on... Manbearpig. Its just funny. I'm super, duper serial right now.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    South Park makes a lot more sense, and is more funny, if watched in large doses. Its still on, and will continue to be on, because its very often quite pointed and rather unbiased social commentary.
    And come on... Manbearpig. Its just funny. I'm super, duper serial right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. and Oprah's minge needs attention!
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    I like them, but it seems they are getting a little too random in a few episodes. the minge one and the man bear pig one, even though they were funny, were a bit random.

mingey, are we in paris?
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    First 3 were funny.

Last 2 have been horrible.....
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    Those are parody episodes with the explicit purpose of roasting a particular celebrity. The latest one has hints of the goonies and numerous other little films, with the over arching point of "Al Gore has no friends and lives in his own little world". Just like the Oprah episode had aspects from a lot of assorted action movies, but was mainly haranging Oprah. So far most of this season's episodes have been bashing a singular person or group rather than any big social issue, all the while parodying a number of movies.

Part of the utter hilarity of Southpark is really the lengths they will go to to make their point and or joke. Like the "Tom Cruise, Stallone, and P. Diddy are gay." tangent to the scientology episode. They could have just had a character call them gay, but instead they telegraph a whole storyline event of Tom Cruise locking himself in a closet.

For what its worth, I find it truely hilarious that the best source for unbiased social and political commentary is the Comedy Central.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    I think South Park is funny, although I haven't seen any of the new episodes.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i think that they are getting tired, as matt stone stated to an interview " everytime i have to do a south park episode i want to kill myself..."
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Those are parody episodes with the explicit purpose of roasting a particular celebrity. The latest one has hints of the goonies and numerous other little films, with the over arching point of "Al Gore has no friends and lives in his own little world". Just like the Oprah episode had aspects from a lot of assorted action movies, but was mainly haranging Oprah. So far most of this season's episodes have been bashing a singular person or group rather than any big social issue, all the while parodying a number of movies.

Part of the utter hilarity of Southpark is really the lengths they will go to to make their point and or joke. Like the "Tom Cruise, Stallone, and P. Diddy are gay." tangent to the scientology episode. They could have just had a character call them gay, but instead they telegraph a whole storyline event of Tom Cruise locking himself in a closet.

For what its worth, I find it truely hilarious that the best source for unbiased social and political commentary is the Comedy Central.

[/ QUOTE ]

My 2 favourite episodes are is the one with the Gooback ("DAY TOOK OUR JURBS!") and the one with reverse eating (put food in your ass). When Martha Stewart cooks the turkey with lube then inserts it in her ass under her dress, man I just about died.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The last season was half funny, all the seasons before that were funny. This new shit is just bleh... They try too hard to make a point, or just make someone look bad. Its just not funny, the humor has been lost.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The last season was half funny, all the seasons before that were funny. This new shit is just bleh... They try too hard to make a point, or just make someone look bad. Its just not funny, the humor has been lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

South Park seems to always go through cycles like this. I remember half way through the fourth season, I was thinking the show had really gone down hill and almost stopped watching altogether, but then the "Ms. Choksondik" episode aired and the show won me over again. It seems to happen all the time... then again, it has been on the air for more than 9 years, and I don't think it has the ability to stay a good show for as long as The Simpsons did.
  • Empty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Empty polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    "For what its worth, I find it truely hilarious that the best source for unbiased social and political commentary is the Comedy Central. "

[/ QUOTE ]

Comedy Central is horribly biased in its political views. The Daily Show, Colbert Report...Not that every form of media dosent have its biases. Its just as bad as Fox its just flipped around.

Can't stand to watch either anymore.

Apathetic party ftw
    Still love the South Park smile.gif
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Its just as bad as Fox is just flipped around.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is, Comedy Central doesn't pretend to be real news.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    What is South Park? Relax, i am joked.
    This toon is really fun, i like it.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Daily Show is fair.
  • Empty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Empty polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True those shows are satires but their biases are still very apparent in who they are targeting. Even if they are not "pretending to be real news" the messages they are trying to convey are just as politcally rooted as Foxs.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True those shows are satires but their biases are still very apparent in who they are targeting. Even if they are not "pretending to be real news" the messages they are trying to convey are just as politcally rooted as Foxs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, they've targeted the democratic party quite a bit, it's just understandable that they focus on the white house. As John Stewart said on Crossfire, he lets the material write itself, and he has zinged Kerry for example, quite often during election.
  • Empty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Empty polycounter lvl 18
    Ha, thats a laugh.
    You didn't happen to watch the episode where Kerry made a appearance on the Daily Show? Stewart treated him a bit differently huh?
    Excluding that, the show is still made up of 80% right wing cracks. However we wont know for sure if this is just because they are currently in hot seat until we get a Democrat in the white house.

For anyone who misssed it:
    http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831?htv=12
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200410160003

Those guys get really in to it. Eh I hate polotics. That Crossfire episode was funny stuff though. :0

sharpton.jpg Sharpton ftw in 2008!

[EDIT] Sorry for taking this thread so off track. [EDIT]
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Excluding that, the show is still made up of 80% right wing cracks. However we wont know for sure if this is just because they are currently in hot seat until we get a Democrat in the white house.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Daily Show has been on the air for 10 years, and Jon Stewart was the host for almost two years under the Clinton administration. I remember Clinton being the butt of as many jokes as Bush.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    It doesnt matter if the guy in the office is left or right, they will still give plenty of material to make fun of. It all boils down to the person in that office is a person whos every action is recorded and can be used to make fun of them.

As for Jon, just because you can make someone look like an ass doesnt mean you have to, it just means you can. In his case he didnt want bush in office so he didnt want to hurt karrys chances any that close to the election.

I still think the two of them both have balls of steel the size of wreking balls.
  • Empty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Empty polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah thats right Keyser, from what I remember he just didn't seem to attack Clinton the same way, even during the Lewinsky scandal :P He appeared take more of a sympathetic position, if my memory serves me. But back then the show was a little more well rounded, bashing everyone much like South Park does. When I watch the show now its just the same thing over and over. Constantly pushing a "conservatives are stupid" mentality. Fox does the exact same thing though.

TheGodZero - Thats definately true. But isn't it also true that they have a limited amount of time. Meaning they go through all the "material" they have gathered from a whole spectrum of sources and choose what they feel is most important, and funny in the Daily Show's case. Therefore theres going to be some bias in everything, no matter what. Even alledgely not partisan news stations have to decide what they want to show in their 30 min, or however long, block of air time.

Hehe my IB civics teacher would be proud that I remembered that bit about biases :P

(Anyways back to work on those finals. Tomorrow is my last day of classes, which means "Hell week" is just around the corner.)
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did this seriously turn into a political thread? What the flying fuck.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    well south park has turned a little into a political show, it was bound to happen.

i don't like that much though, i still remember when they were running around from a trapperkepper and there was time travelling and aliens and other weird shit. now every show seems to have a blatant message.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    doesnt matter if Daily SHow is left or right.. their viewers were THE MOST INFORMED voters in the last election. their viewers knew more about politcs than people who watch FOX or CNN.

as for South Park, i havent really got to see many for the past few years. I did see the oprah one and while amusing i felt it didnt demand the entire episode to be focused on her crotch.. *shudder...
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    I don't know if anyone got the point from the last 3 episodes before the gore one. In my opinion they were just testing their boundaries for the show. They threw up the picture of mohammed to see if fox would censor it for those first two episodes, at the same time as (at least for me) ruining family guy. Then comes the punchline to the joke with the third episode, whilst using operas ass and vagina, to see if they can do anything at all that they want as long as its not a picture of mohammed. Mind you it was a long and drawn out punchline it was probably one of the best i've seen in a while. Punchlines not episodes.

At least thats what i got from those episodes.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    whilst using operas ass and vagina, to see if they can do anything at all that they want as long as its not a picture of mohammed.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many South Park episodes have you seen? The Oprah episode was pretty damn tame by South Park standards. Ever see the Woodland Critter Christmas with tiger cubs performing abortions, animal sacrifice and blood orgies? Or the episode where Mr. Garison gets a sex change? Or any of the lemmiwinks episodes? They weren't even trying to push the envelope with the Oprah episode.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Oprah must be destroyed.

From what I've seen, South Park is more about testing the boundaries, and pissing off the censors...than providing quality entertainment. At least someone is fighting against the stupid guidelines we have to live by when it comes to any broadcast. What's the worst that could...OMG, my nipple is showing!!!