Home Technical Talk

Merging two bip files in one animation

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
_Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
Heydiho,

I want to merge two bip files into one animtion, so the one starts at Frame 0 and the other opne starts at Frame 100 after the first bip animation is finihed. I tried a lot like in the Motion flow editor where I could make both files playable in one animtion but its effectly not one animation. Can I somehow export it to a single bip file or is there another solution to append the bip file?

Any help appreciated.

Replies

• CrazyButcher
    Offline / Send Message
    CrazyButcher polycounter lvl 18
    motion mixer also (I think easier) allows several bips to be combined.
    moflow works, too, but you need to make sure the transitions last just 1 frame ( you will loose the last frame of the previous animation). it is a bit more manual work than the mixer.
  • _Shimmer
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    The mixer doesnt work for me for some reasons, I can besaiclly do Nothing.

However, I manged to combine ttwo bips in the moflow with a 1 frame transition.

2 Problems:

First, its still 2 animations with a script inbetween instead of one bip. And the second problem is, that the foot , defined as object in this case to remain on the same place, does move minimally but annoyingly frown.gif

any other ideas? That cant be soo hard...
  • Toomas
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    It is hard because you are supposed to do it with motion mixer.
    Maybe its not working for you because you dont know how to use it? If i were you i would dig out the Max8 (or maybe 7 something) demo videos and check out how autodesk wants you to use it.
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    you can convert/"bake" motion flow to a single anim, as far as i remember. however motion mixer has replaced it for me a long time ago. and yes, go follow a tutorial, the mixer is totally counter-intuitive at first.