Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    i shall hunt it down and listen smile.gif
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    What is the name of the new single to make the hunting easier?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Vicarious - I'm listening now! Sounds good to me smile.gif
    I guess I'll buy the album when it comes out.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm... interesting. Tool has some decent stuff, I'll have to check this out. laugh.gif

If I can find a download atleast... is there anywhere on the web where you can find it? I'm having some troubles.

Thanks. :P
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    well they should have Vicarious on their site this week, as it is there is a 30 second promo that was released to the radiostations on their site right now. the full song did get leaked though.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea, I found the full thing. I'm on my second time through, very good song. Not good enough to convince me to get the album alone though, so I'm gonna have to check out some more and them make a decision. If the rest is this quality or higher I might have to break down and spend some money.

(Most of the other songs are leaked as well by the way. Seems to happen with any big release. I got all of In Flames' Come Clarity months before it was out.)
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    yeah great song...I'll get the new album definitely
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    dude... tool is always good, they've pretty much never been bad... unless its bad... ASS smile.gif
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    omg, great track. been waiting too long for more TOOL. you say the other tracks have leaked also?
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    dammit. The only one I've found is just the opening theme for Doom 3. There are some big dumb meanie heads on the internet that like to name files wrong just to annoy people. frown.gif
  • FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, there's no debate here. Tool is one of those rare bands that need no advance listen or reviews to decide on a purchase. I'll be picking it up fo' sho'.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, there's no debate here. Tool is one of those rare bands that need no advance listen or reviews to decide on a purchase.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're absolutely right. No purchase for me

if ONE more person puts a bloody tool track on their showreel, so help me, i'll throw the smallest person i can find through a window. "Tool". Aptly named.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    danr, I have a demo reel for you, and a small man I don't like.

Definately going to pick up this album. Glad they decided not to end with their last record.

*edit anyone else think that the 30 second teaser was a remix of Third Eye off of Aenema?
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I was waiting for semone top say they can't wait to get their hands on 'tool'.
    Then I could make a smutty immature remark
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Tool is good "elevator music", its kinda monotonius and doesnt get in your way when you want to do other things.
    But to just listen it and enjoy?
    I would rather listen Morrowinds or Oblivions theme or Iron Maiden or something other that makes you feel the music with your whole body.
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    I think pop music quality generally took a nosedive after MTV came online. Now the music just takes a back seat to looking hot and being 'blingy'.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    MMM... I got this song a couple of days ago, and man oh man, I am so happy to know that Tool has gotten greater once again. I was excited because Maniard (that how you spell the singers last name) was going with A Perfect Circle, and knowing that once he comes back to Tool... its just going to be that much better... and I was right!

10,000 Days is going to be Tools best album! (next to Aenenma)

Ha ha, sry I like must as much as modeling smile.gif
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    I was pretty disappointed at first, but like all of TOOL's stuff, the more I listen the more it grows on me. I still think it sounds a bit like another band trying to imitate TOOL, but I'll have to hear the rest of the album before I make a judgment.
  • BIOS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BIOS polycounter lvl 18
    love it. want.....the....new....record.....NOW! i sat at home the other night and listened to this song on headphones over and over. it's amazing how they can make music as complex as this sound so effortless.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    because Maniard (that how you spell the singers last name)

[/ QUOTE ]

well, his first name is spelled (spelt?) Maynard.

Maynard James Keenan
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    dude... tool is always good, they've pretty much never been bad... unless its bad... ASS smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Always good, but rarely great. In my opinion atleast. There are many other bands I typically want to buy first. Green Carnation (I just need 2 more to get the full GC collection), Kamelot, Maiden, Arcturus, and so many more. As has been stated, tool can get a bit monotomous at times. However, they can still be good enough at times that I might still want to buy their new album. Esspecially cause it'll undoubtedly be a best seller and therefore cheap. laugh.gif

[edit]Well, I tried to download some of the other tracks... I'm pretty sure some idiot threw up his own songs named as new tool songs. They're all very bad acoustic songs with an equally be singer.[/edit]
  • nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nacire polycounter lvl 17
    I generally like anything Maynard does. I'm a big fan of his unique vocals. Love tool and love perfect circle, so I'll probably end up picking this one up.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The only one I've found is just the opening theme for Doom 3

[/ QUOTE ]That wasn't Tool, was it? I'm pretty sure it was another band biting their style.

Heard Vicarious on the radio while I was half asleep this morning. Can't really make much of a opinion from that, but it sounds decent.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    The only one I've found is just the opening theme for Doom 3

[/ QUOTE ]That wasn't Tool, was it? I'm pretty sure it was another band biting their style.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it wasn't Tool. There was a rumor that Tool was going to do the theme, but ID went with a guy that's worked with Trent Reznor (I forget his name or his relationship to Reznor). Reznor was going to do an entire soundtrack for the game, but had other obligations (I think he was recording "With Teeth" at the time).
  • FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    I believe Chris Vrenna did the theme for Doom3. Same guy who did the music for American McGee's Alice.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Think I'd get horribly sued if I made a demo reel or animation to this?
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    hmm i opened this thread thinking i was gonna read about this new 3d max tool called "single"
  • Makk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makk polycounter lvl 18
    I cant stop friggin listening to it! laugh.gif
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    grabbin the album now. not to worry though, i will be purchasing it on the 2nd also. I just cannot wait any longer. Been pumping AEnima and Salival lately to build the anticipation. My god I love Third Eye on Salival.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Think I'd get horribly sued if I made a demo reel or animation to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Send it to Danr!