Home General Discussion

"Self taught" Soon to be past tense?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
I dont know if you guys have been watching developments with the industry at large the past few years via IGDA and other organizations (like the local WSA). There is a push to have employees "certified" to work in particular areas by companies and recruiters. The reason behind this is to cut the amount of money wasted shifting and testing potential candidates to have the people that will fit a particular project. It also will then allow them to make better judgements for pay grades based on not only experience, but how someone rates on these.

Realize it's not only with a certification saying "Bubba knows Y", but also how he well he knows it! In other words, it may play out that even before HR looks at your portfolio, they look at your rating. If the rating is too low even if your portfolio is killer, they will go to the next candidate who might not be as "wow", but is rated higher.

So it sounds like how this will play out with certification tests that will then rate you to a degree of competance for each area. Im sure someone self taught could pass these. But it also sounds like its putting more barriers between the future self taught and those that attend programs that address these areas.

So with this major obstacle with the increasing amount of knowledge someone entering the industry must know beyond "they do killer work". Will this make the self taught person at such a disadvantage, that their chances of knowing all the ins and outs of each certification level difficult at best? Somewhat like someone self studying for a BAR exam without first having attended law school?

I guess it depends on how these "tests" work out. It is something though that I haven't heard discussed here (and it should). More, it seems to being formed by people with no direct relationship to the distintion that the art section needs over other areas.

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    It'll never catch on.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And this is based off of? And you are?

Yea, im being a little assinine, but why do you think not? Have you spoken to these organizations before? I can tell you many of the big companies take this quite seriously (including M$, Nintendo, and EA for a few)..

I also know for a fact that many of the local educational institutions that work with the industry have been revamping and working with these standards put forth to better make the students ability to complete these more a priority.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    The problem is that who assigns the standards, and does this mean that accredation is the realm of schools, or the realm of previous employers, companies, or "testing" and Certifying being the realm of recruiters? Also depending on the companies development pipeline, the requirements would be widely varied.

Job specialization in the games industry, for Next Gen titles now resembles the specialization within the Hollywood Special Effects community. Some of those guys can't draw, but they have great math skills.

Scott
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    The problem is that our industry evolves very rapidly. Universities often seem to be well behind the industry in terms of technical knowledge.

Personally, I've met a lot of certified/highly educated people who still couldn't function effectively on the job.

Body of work and art tests that reflect an employer's needs will give a company a more accurate assesment than some certificate which may or may not indicate knowledge and functional ability.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    accredation is the realm of schools, or the realm of previous employers, companies, or "testing" and Certifying being the realm of recruiters?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think none of the above. More non-profits that specialize in the standards. I give Washington Software Alliance and International Game Developers Association as two examples. Or at least special off-shoots from these.

As per each companies need varied. Thats why there is the talk of it being more than just a check list. Its rated into categories of knowledge/specialization.

Even if only 1/4 of the industry implements standards like these. That would limit someone without these credentials to 3/4 of the potential employment. It would also very likely reduce the chances to work with bleeding/current technologies.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Personally, I've met a lot of certified/highly educated people who still couldn't function effectively on the job.

Body of work and art tests that reflect an employer's needs will give a company a more accurate assesment than some certificate which may or may not indicate knowledge and functional ability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether this be true or not. The people who are pushing for these seem to be interested in having some sort of standardization. Many other careers who have gone this route could be said to suffer from this oversite, yet again and again certification to a certain level is required for entrance.

Let us not forget, these are in many cases the HR and executives who are working and pushing for this. So again, whether a art director agrees or not, the HR is the first to make claim in this area. In otherwords, they are the ones paying our checks, so the ability to overule them is gagged to an extent.
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    I dont think that's gonna change anything.

if you have a killer portfolio and state that it was all done with let's say max and PS then i can't imagine anyone will care about a certification as proof that you can use those tools.

I think it's a good thing for entry level positions, and students out of schools that have a rather small portfolio.
    Seeing how everybody and their dogs wants to get into this industry i welcome any filtering.
    I think there has been enough discussions about how some people will work for nothing just for the job, lowering what everybody else is worth, ie. if you dont like it, you're easy to replace by someone who will do it for half the price.

If the industry decides to regulate itself a bit, awesome.
    It's unlikely it will solve anything now, but step by step it might get somewhere.
    If education is expensive and worth it, it will hopefully make entry level positions more valuable, and cheap rednecks won't be a problem.
    Of course, if EA has anything to do with all this, it might just aswell all go the wrong way. They're good at finding ways to exploit people.

*edit. Of course those certificates wont tell if someone can work effectively in a team etc, but art test can't do that either. Interviews help, and they will never go away, but at the end of the day, nothing can tell how someone will perform (unless he does horrible at the interview of course).

HR shouldn't have much to say about who gets hired or not, that's up to the art director (or lead programmer etc), HRs might decide on the salary, but they're not gonna be the ones working with the new employee.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I think it's a good thing for entry level positions,

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, Why do you think Im brought it up? wink.gif The ol "I did it all by myself" versus "school" had been in my mind on and off for years now. Especially when I do look at some entry level positions and recuiters these days that ask for animation degrees (in example) in lieu (sp?) until these certifications tests are finalized. Then when I see and even talk to to HR and admin people who want these reinforces that this isn't something thats going to go away. In fact, its going to seemingly get harder and harder for someone without a certain papers scoring to get in. No matter the natural talent.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    It'll never catch on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

And I'll back that up with 6 years experience, industry knowledge, knoweldge of how the world works, AND with working VERY closely with someone who runs a university game art course.
  • Leech
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leech polycounter lvl 18
    The fact that a majority of resumes/portfolios I have seen from people with 4 year art degrees rarely seal the deal - would lead me to believe the certification wouldn't do any better.

In fact, some schools hurt applicants if their portfolios are so bad because you expect a certain level of performance from someone that has a degree. It's very embarassing to see these portfolios from people with 4 year degrees that look like Dragonball Z fanart. These usually elicit laughter followed by a toss in the trash.

Of course the best combination is schooling + killer portfolio.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Talent trumps paper any day of the week.

There is something to be said for the filtering you might have to go through, via recruiters/HR, but I've never seen good talent turned away for want of a diploma.

I wouldn't worry about it Oxy, worry about portfolio if you worry about anything.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    I'm sure there will be alot of self taught artists in the game industry for at least another 10-20 years
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    "I learned more from Donald Duck than from all the schools I ever attended."
    -Gottfried Helnwein

I find that this quote sums up art and schools pretty well.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Man, you worry too much oXY smile.gif I think this will come to nothing too, and I'm basing that primarily on instinct and a knowledge of how the industry and its hiring works.
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    Simply knowing that modeling is a visual artform, where an artist must present a portfolio of work in order to get a job makes this whole idea irrelevant. My portfolio is my "certificate of Y" for whatever job I apply for. It proves or disproves my ability on the spot to whomever is hiring me. They need not trust a piece of paper I obtained from a "school." Having been responsible for the hiring of artists at multiple jobs, I can say for a fact that I would ignore any such certificates that a person earned and go straight to their portfolio. Whether they are self taught or not is also irrelevant in this industry, and I suspect it will always be that way.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Welcome to the real world wink.gif
    The games industry right now is pretty much a curiosity for beeing so open to 'self-taughts' (and that is a huge part of it's charm for many people).
    Maybe it will stay that way or maybe not, who knows? But usually curiositys due to new technological brake-throughs tent to vanish after some time.

(says a bitter Biology student who has to endure 5 years Master degree + 3-4 years for the pretty much mandatory PhD of mostly senseless and extremely time wasting university curses and mostly utterly stupid other students mad.gif )
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    I think in alot of cases a degree will show an employer that you are able to accomplish goals, wipe your own ass, etc. My job title is "Engineer I" and I'm "self-taught" meaning I didn't go to school for it but I know how to learn. I think it boils down to talent, motivation and perseverence - true of anything whether you have a pedigree or not.
  • FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    It sounds like a way to make the hiring process faster and easier, which isn't a good thing, and wont be adopted by respected studios.

Multiple interviews, art tests, and reference checks are still the best way to hire someone. It's not fast or easy, but it works. The current process is the best way to gauge an artist's talent. I don't think too many ADs will make a choice based off of some certification level; you HAVE to look at their work and you HAVE to interview them to see if they're a good fit. And if HR overrides their decision, HR's gonna be looking for a new Art Director as well. It just doesn't work that way, at least at places I've worked at (not big corps like EA, MS, etc.) and it wont be a practice that's adopted anytime soon.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Sounds like you'd miss out on a lot of talent and still end up with crap.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I think in alot of cases a degree will show an employer that you are able to accomplish goals, wipe your own ass, etc. My job title is "Engineer I" and I'm "self-taught" meaning I didn't go to school for it but I know how to learn. I think it boils down to talent, motivation and perseverence - true of anything whether you have a pedigree or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where i live you cant be an engineer without a degree, you can be a technician but you cant sign your own work for final approval. And i think its 100% good practice, since it keeps "tank drivers" (i dont know the term in english) away who would sign anything for money.
    But in an art field you cant get anyone killed for not knowing what you do so its a completely different ballpark. And if you manage to build a good portfolio it shows that you know how to "whipe your ass" - you dont just wake up and think "hmm im gonna build a portfolio and apply for an artist position just for kicks".
  • BIOS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BIOS polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Talent trumps paper any day of the week.

There is something to be said for the filtering you might have to go through, via recruiters/HR, but I've never seen good talent turned away for want of a diploma.

I wouldn't worry about it Oxy, worry about portfolio if you worry about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    being an artist in any context has never required certifiaction.

being able to work in an official capacity is not something you learn in university but something that is learnt on the job.

I second mops first post
  • JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    I agree with the "wont make a difference" crowd here. If i'm looking at an artist there's only a few things that matter to me, the main ones simply being, can they create great art, and how much of a douchebag is this person? I'd also hate for a day to come where I was told I could not hire someone because they werern't 'certified', a piece of paper is useless if you cannot simply show me that you can create good art and I certainly dont trust a piece of paper telling me you're 'certified' to make art lol...
  • Zergxes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zergxes polycounter lvl 18
    Is Oxynary thinking along the lines of some kind of professional guild?
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You know the problem is we aren't representative of those that are pushing this. I mean the companies who do want to push it are the ones we usually try to stay clear of (as mentioned earlier). I just want to say though its not something thats going to go away by ignoring it or saying its flawed. With the Peter Principle, plenty of flawed ideas have come to pass in corporate structures.

I saw two candidates today when I was voting for the IGDA Board of Directors who addressed this as an area that needed to be tackled. Needless to say they did not get my vote.

At the same time, we again cannot just ignore it. Luckily though, it seems to be concentrated to a few of the "big ones". However, will some of these as publishers in turn start arm twisting? *starts Twilight Zone music*
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Being self taught is one of the key things that landed me my job.

HR Filter: Certification > Shipped Titles > Networking and Talent.

As for Microsoft requiring certs before they hire I can say with certainty that its not a hard and fast rule in the games dept. I know 3 people working there (read: blue badges, not temps) that their education stops at High School and self taught begins. Microsoft does put its employees on continued education plans and expects you to stay current as well as assists you in your on going education but talent and networking have won out three times I know of, maybe more.

I would like to say one thing for being certified, it does factor in when they calculate pay. If you can get certified and it won't put you out, do so it might help decided what pay scale you fall into. I doubt it will ever keep a talented person with the right technical knowledge from ever landing the job. It might keep them on the lower end of the pay scale.

Networking can almost replace talent, but certification can almost never replace talent or networking. Have cert but no talent, sorry no call back.

As for publishers strong arming studios into hiring only "certified talent", I honestly don't think they would take the time to start policing it. Lets say they do start enforcing, most studios would laugh it off. For the ones that don't, does that mean all current employees who are not certified are fired? All employees stop working on their current titles and ignore mile stones in lue of taking an "education break"? Or maybe they require such learning take place off the clock, without assistance? That makes for a happy work force dedicated to making that publisher a good game, schedule their work time and their free time and suck away what the free cash they have. Not like they have the time to spend it anyway...

Bah, this "cert or else business" is just campaign pillow talk.

I would be interested in seeing some the number of employees that walked in cold off the street with certification without any prior experience, that are working on the top end games. I would wager a guess to say less than 5%, if that. If your aim is to work on the top end games, best get started working your way up or put together one hell of a portfolio.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    About 3 weeks ago I gave a lengthy lecture to a group of game design students about topics such as game art theory, modeling, and animation techniques. I was very disappointed. Let me stress that, I'm self-taught, and not even very good. The progam itself has flaws, and I'm not sure if other college do well as this is a new area of education. Rumor has it they teach with programs like Blender to save money. I think it's best to take courses that specialize to your needs, like fine art, anatomy, industrial design, etc. A "game design" course seems to be a joke atm. An often expensive joke.

Many students don't have the same passion for learning as those who are self-taught. Perhaps many of them believe it's an easy road into the industry as along as they have a piece of paper, and less focus is placed on a portfolio. If publishers begin pushing for certifications only, I see the standards dropping quickly.

If knowledge of a working environment is what matters, there are many small and independent studios around the country that need talent and hard working individuals. Become part of a team that pushes to meet deadalines, and you have an experience most schools can't teach you.
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    You cannot assign an artist a rating.

Besides, someone with an "A" rating, let's say, just might not be a full "A" when it comes to the style a given company is looking for in a game. An amazing character artist for high-tech sci-fi games with lots of armor bits might not be as capable when it comes to pure fantasy or accurate historic costumes.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    It'll never catch on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do too.

Certification would do exactly what it does for other industries...create another 'keyword filter' that the bigger companies, like EA and recuirters can use. Most of the companies in the business are not that big (and personally, I wouldn't want to work for a bigger one). Either way they'll toss away any portfolio they don't like, certified or not.
    Smaller companies probably wouldn't use the keyword filter at all. And if any company, big or not, spots someone truely kickass in art, who looks technically competent, they'll pick him/her up, certification or not.
  • Xeto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xeto polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    It'll never catch on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do too.

Certification would do exactly what it does for other industries...create another 'keyword filter' that the bigger companies, like EA and recuirters can use. Most of the companies in the business are not that big (and personally, I wouldn't want to work for a bigger one). Either way they'll toss away any portfolio they don't like, certified or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the agreeing of the agreement. I haven't met any one that thinks passing up tallent is worth it because of a grade especially if they are 1. badass and 2. work well in the work place with programs and people alike.

I'm not ignoring it, I'm not just hoping it goes away, I just think that when it comes down to it; if a company wants a quality game, they will hire quiality work equal to the desired quality of the game.

Big places like EA can have their system and pump out NBA super madden alstar boxing every year but I just think a company that wants to make a game that stands out and is interesting then they will put the extra effort in to hiring some on that can do the exact art they are looking for. Grade or no grade.

Maybe I'm wrong though... who knows.
  • Dravalen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dravalen polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

Smaller companies probably wouldn't use the keyword filter at all. And if any company, big or not, spots someone truely kickass in art, who looks technically competent, they'll pick him/her up, certification or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sums up exactly how I feel about it. While granted I'm on the other side of the coin(programming) and don't have a ton of experience, both of the positions I got were due to the fact that I knew someone at the company or could show that I knew what I was doing.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    So... we'd have to take certification tests based on our art skill? Or just based on our knowlege of a program. Testing someone on their knowlege of 3dsmax is one thing... but testing someone on their artistic ability seems a bit tough.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Gosh, I love Madden Boxing!

Anyway, wow, this is kind of a silly thing. Creativity and artistic talent don't have an empirical measurement. You can test technical proficiency and the like, but something as subjective as an aesthetic can only be agreed upon in a broad sense. Studios that do good art/design are usually recognized as such, but I couldn't necessarily tell you what makes one design shop's work more appealing than another (and I have spent a hojillion years in academia learning this stuff, but it's just exceptionally subjective).

In all likelihood, I'd guess this is something conceived of to make life less complicated for people in charge of hiring or whatever. Putting an HR drone with no artistic savvy in front of a stack of resumes and letting him weed people out based on some easily recognized test score or similar is a more efficient process than tracking down talented art directors and having them spend hours browsing through portfolios of no-diploma candidates. Not a better process, but certainly more efficient, and I expect that's the impetus for trying to standardize this kind of thing.
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This whole thread doesn't make sense. I've never heard of artistic certification. Are you saying this is actually in practice somewhere? And that publishers are actually looking at this? How the hell do you certify an artist? Max certified or Maya certified is one thing, but to certify their "talent?" This makes no sense.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thats what we've been saying superostrich...yet colleges and various independent programs offer 'degrees' or 'certificates' in game art... as if that were to replace a portfolio. The certification we're talking about is just another one of those things.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is posibly the most one sided, reduntant thread i've seen on here in a long time. Not saying that i dont agree, just that readin it makes me feel like a zombie.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    yet colleges and various independent programs offer 'degrees' or 'certificates' in game art... as if that were to replace a portfolio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a second, how did you make THAT leap? I have degrees but I've never been hired without showing someone a portfolio, nor has anyone else I know of. No one is ever going to hire creative people of any kind without seeing their work, that just doesn't make sense.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What Vermillion said. I have no idea of how my original message was translated to mean no portfolio at all.
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the fact that such a certificate would carry any weight at all is just ridiculous. You say Microsoft and others already use such certificates in their hiring practices, or wish to? Can I get a breakdown of all the companies you've heard of that say they want to use these things? I just want to follow up with friends at those companies and get more info on this.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    who are the people who make the decisions as to what level you're at and what skill you have in that level? will they always be selfless benevolant leaders who have your best interest in mind?

noooooooooope. i'll bet half of the people on this board have a boss that they could own in a certain aspect of their job (although probably everybody on this board at least thinks so anyway)
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't mean 'no portfolio' in a literal sense, I meant it would be replacing it in importance...as in.. 'recruiters and schools would use the certification as a benchmark instead of paying closer attention to the portfolio'. It's a keyword filter that could prohibit the most talented artist in the world from getting through the gates of a resume-system if he didnt have that one line in there. No one would see his portfolio because the filter or recruiter or whatever would have blocked him out before they even looked. That's what I meant by no portfolio, but that's also how a lot of the 'rest' of the coorporate world works, and I think it's retarded.
  • Paul Jaquays
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Jaquays polycounter lvl 18
    This is all crazy. As both someone who helped set up the curriculum for a game art school AND as someone who participates in hiring artists for a Microsoft game studio, I can say with some confidence that not only does the company NOT look for "certification" of game artists, but also the school doesn't expect that the degree or certificate that it confers will go beyond being recognition that the student has gone through the training needed to learn the theory, processes, tools, and best practices needed to make game art. Even before students attend the school, they are reminded that ultimately, it is their portfolio that gets them the job, not the degree. There are no guarantees.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^
    Exactly. When I was young and dumb (six years ago), I thought that if having a bachelor's degree was good then having a master's degree would be even better. Today, every prospective client or employer I deal with looks at my resume and says "so, you went to grad school?" before chucking it on the desk and spending the next hour dissecting my portfolio work. If traditional education and degrees have helped me get gigs, I haven't noticed, because it invariably comes down to the work I have to show.

This doesn't mean that formal education has no value, as I learned so much more in school than I could have taught myself, but that value is reflected more in the work I create than the piece of paper they gave me at commencement. I believe the same to be true of virtually every form of degree or certification barring those where it's literally required to practice (medical and legal licenses, etc).
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Before people start going nuts... Well lets direct the focus to someone concrete.

Dustin Clingman. He is on the volunteer Employment Contract Certification Taskforce.. Damned if I can find anymore information than this. I did at one point have some information from another party trying to get this started. WSA (Washington Software Alliance) and I also believe Mary Margaret has mentioned it as well.

Let me email someone I know in the local educational game community who is more up on this to hopefully give you some more concrete answers versus just lil ol me. wink.gif

EDIT: I found this for you in the UK (given its more at this time to make consistency between colleges programs more effective, however it is showing the direction, especially if you read further into the bullet points). http://www.skillset.org/interactive/creatingthefuture_1.asp

And in specific to help show whom is interested (again this is the UK version).
    http://www.skillset.org/games/article_3070_1.asp
  • Sa74n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sa74n polycounter lvl 18
    paul is right. i'm not that experienced since i didnt even have a fulltime job yet, but to me it seems that it all comes down to your talent. either you're the one for the job or you're not. it comes down to convince your possible employer that you're the one he's looking for. degree or certification only helps them to sort your inital loan. but even the loan will change once you prove yourself worthy for the company.
  • NoSeRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoSeRider polycounter lvl 18
    I think networking seems to be paramount....not certification.

I've seen plenty of artists get in with little more then networking and personality.

And I've seen plenty of personality disorders get in.....keep in mind everybody has them.

Hey, the thread is under a month old.....still allowed to post.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    noserider! where you been hiding, man? i know for a fact you've been secretly honing your sk1llz, so we expect some postings in P&P, i'll have you know.