Home General Discussion

K. Sutherland signs up for 3 more seasons of 24!!!

kleinluka
polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Haha awesome

I think season 8 of 24 will be Jack, sitting around at home on a sunday, getting a bowl of cornflakes, then going to watch a game of football on TV ... then he kills some people
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    there was talk of them setting some of the next series in england, although that would probably lead to the rest of the series being set on a plane.
    5pm - 6pm jack shoots his bag of peanuts while trying to open them
    6pm - 7pm jacks legs fall asleep
    7pm - 8pm jack tortures woman sat beside him in order to find out where his headphones are
    8pm - 9pm jack shoots a stewardess and demands to know when the inflight movie starts
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i hope that in some season it starts with him beeing shot..that would rock !

*goes and looks at sutherland model*
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I honestly wish this hadn't been announced to the press. Fox should have kept it's mouth shut since the beginning from one season to the next of 24, with no idea when they'd opt to make a season be the finale. As it is, I'm already 100% certain that no matter what sort of dramatic situations are presented in season's six and seven, Jack will survive because his contract goes into season eight.

Okay, that is kind of a silly think to bitch about. It's Jack Bauer, so of course he's going to live and kill a whole lot of people and save the Earth and possibly do an infomercial with Chuck Norris, but still...
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    season 5 is getting stupid by the minute...
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    saw two seasons myself. somehow addictive at first, but after a while it always became stupid and unbelievable and ... and ... argh!
    the basic concept of a realtime-show seems fine, but all this lonesome-warrior thing really wears off quickly. his actions are as believable as taken from some super-hero comic strip. whith all that has happend to the character, that guy should be a broken, desillusionized man who spits on the stars & stripes banner, not some stand-up-"yes-mr-president"-nation-saver.

ah well, i guess i'm just getting old and bitter... wink.gif
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    thomasp I agree with you on that.

I never watched seasons 1 and 2.. then I watched last season more regularly and enjoyed it. This season I gave it a chance but really got tired of hearing the same old thing, in the same old situations.

"Tell me what you know!!!!!!"
    "Get on the floor and shut up"
    "They've got a hostage"
    "The terrorists are gone!"
    "Mr. president.. innocent people will die if you dont act now"
    "Hack into that thing"
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Is 24 really that good? The only shows I watch are The Sopranos and LOST.

Is 24 worth adding to the list?
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    I would reccomend putting season 1-4 on netflix and watch them that way. There's stuff that happens in those seasons that it's really tough to get caught up on. I did that over the summer and now watch it live. It makes every other show appear really slow.

Add Simpsons and Entourage to that list and that's all I watch.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I think 24 is good for one season and that's it (personally). Each season, they repeat the same things basically. A terrorist threatens the country and Jack pulls a miracle out of his ass to save the country... but no one knows about it other than the President.

It's a good show, I just wish they would get some new writers or concepts in there. Some of the ways they stop these guys are just rediculus... I always love the, "Hack into there and do ____". Someone spins to the computer with a serious look and within seconds it's hacked. Hopefully I'm not alone on this, but I'll bet you'll find yourself yelling at the screen at least once saying something like, "No way you could do that" or "Why aren't you (insert obvious solution)".
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    24 was good the first season. maybe even the second. But it's too formulaic and silly now.

Tho kim is hot, I'd hit that.

-R
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Didn't you guys know? There's a ton of serious terrorist threats every year that are always solved in exactly 24 hours!

Sadly the show has pigeon-holed itself. If it wasn't always exactly 24 hours and totally real-time, it'd be much more believable.

Still, I have a bit of respect for a show that regulary kills off main characters, they even "killed" Jack a few times.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    my fiance and I rented season1 (ep1-4) it lasted a total of 30 mins in the dvd player. LOST, Invasion, Battlestar, 4400 kept us more interested than 1 ep of 24.
    The guy at blockbuster said we were smoking crack.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    What I remember about the first season of 24 was some crap about teenage girls. If I wanted to see that, I would watch the OC.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    What I remember about the first season of 24 was some crap about teenage girls. If I wanted to see that, I would watch the OC.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was around for two or so seasons, both times she was constantly being attacked and kidnapped, I think she's made cameos since but damn, she's cute but her plotlines were always the more annoying ones.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

The guy at blockbuster said we were smoking crack.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I prefer Blockbuster... you always get that personal touch :/
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    i just watched the end of season one. oh my, really annoying that the same crap happens twice to the same characters within the season. kidnapped two times a day, yeah...
    and i agree: those teen-girlie plotlines are incredibly lame. nicest ones to look at though.

i actually enjoyed it that his wife was shot, most annoying character on screen. to see her silenced almost made me applaud. should have happened in the first episode though smile.gif