Home General Discussion

Secret from Inside the White House (wow!)

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19
Wow! Whether you read SA Forums or not you should read this thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthr...mp;pagenumber=1

Either this guy is telling the truth and things are extremely sad in the White House, or he's a genius and a liar. Either way, try and read the entire thread - I've read up to page 16 (as of writing this I can't go on, there no more replies) but I'm going to keep watching it.

What do you all think?

Replies

• hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    Condolleeza Rice is normal except for that time she called me up and breathed heavily down the phone
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    damn you adam. i was supposed to work a little today. now i can't stop reading that thread and laughing my ass off. laugh.gif

doesn't sound unbelievable at all for the most part. i remember some stories about the higher ups from when i did my military service, very familiar.
    now, i'd love to read dirty laundry stories like this about my own government.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Hehe, all that stuff actually seems fairly plausible.

BTW Brome, I'm a member of the SA forums. I post under the name Skragbait but I don't really post all that often.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Great thread. But not enough conspiracy n00bs or "nothing to see, move along" people, like you would find in a discussion here.

Glad to know it's becoming common knowledge that Bush acts like a clueless dumbass to convince 51% of American voters, he's one of them. That does qualify him as a genius. Except for the fact he's taking anti-depressants for the depression he's causing.

I hope we soon have a leader who is intelligent and resourceful, instead of Republican or Democrat.

Man, those other guys in office. Not even human.

[ QUOTE ]
    Democracy as a government relies upon the ability of factions to compromise on divisive issues through rational debate instead of violence. The current political power brokers have figured out how to short circuit this process by focusing national attention on issues which are based on differences of non-negotiable, irrational moral sentiment, and are thus not subject to resolution through rational reconciliation. They've broken democracy.

[/ QUOTE ]
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]

I hope we soon have a leader who is intelligent and resourceful, instead of Republican or Democrat.

[/ QUOTE ]

well put.
  • Tully
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tully polycounter lvl 18
    Damn, I want him to be telling the truth! That stuff is gold, even if it's all lies.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    I have a feeling that probably all of it is untrue (except for Cheney being drunk when he shot that guy laugh.gif), but a fun read nonetheless.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    And the cheese. That's public knowledge.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I read the whole thing, and I believe he's telling the truth. He's too cautious, and honest about what he doesn't know. Old people have problems. And being in politics so long, especially in this administration, they simply escape humanity. I liked his comment about how "the most respectable people in the White House are the cooks and the maids".

I was convinced he was simply joking about it all after the cheese comment. But, that's the most documented secret. blush.gif
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    meh, in my time spent with the federal govt. as a contractor i get to see some of the social activity that goes on, and none of this sounds out of scope. i'm not privy to the data my clients were dealing with, only the subjects. but socially, this sounds about right. it's funny, in my experience, females always tended to take the jobs more seriously than males, such as Ms Rice. I think she should run for president in fact.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    I had a cousin who worked on Tom Ridge's staff when he was Governor of Pennsylvania, at the time of 9-11. He quit, becayuse Ridge was too unfocused to work for.

Scott
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    The guy likely works in the secret service.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Has the ring of truth to me. It sounds too much like real office gossip for it not to be.
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    Illustrated_Man posted:

I don't eat at chain resturaunts, I don't shop at wal mart period, I only shop at chain stores that have unions, I wish we had a decent public transportation system in this country so I didn't have to drive a car. I do everything I can to not contribute to fuck tards like the OP. I hope that one day we have a revolution and march on DC killing everyone in a suit and tie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to turn this into something personal, but you exemplify something I want to underline. Your strong, inflexible views make you a person who is easily manipulated into supporting or hating a particular candidate. By being such a rigid, reactionary person, you perpetuate the system we use of dividing people into irreconcilable interests and riding them into office. You may not drive a car, you may not eat beef, you may not vote, but you speak and write, I know that much, and to the extent you do this and perpetuate your inflexible extremism in others, you help divide your kind and empower us and those like us. Think about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!

I want that printed on a t-shirt
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Condolleeza Rice is normal except for that time she called me up and breathed heavily down the phone

[/ QUOTE ]

Condie was my Next Door neighbor for a time, living with her Step Mom, in Palo Alto while she was Stanford University's Head Honcho, and fellow at the Hoover institute. She was nice to my Cat. She does smell nice. She's also really friendly and down to earth, if a bit "driven". I miss talking with her dad, though, he passed away two years ago, and was just an interesting (and connected) fellow to just shoot the breeze with.
    That man lived through a lot of History.

Scott
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Homeland security buys in bulk and at great premium millions of dollars of useless personal appliances from China, such as rice cookers, nose hair trimmers, massage wands, and heating pads, boxes them up, and buries them in railroad shipping containers in the Arizona desert for no reason whatsoever other than to spend its budget and prevent sub-agencies from getting the funds. I suspect that the money goes to a middleman in order to secretly siphon funds into foreign organizations which we can't support over the table, but this is just me trying to find a justification for this massive and intentional government waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of reminds me of how dogs bury bones so that other dogs can't get at them.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, wasting money to max out the budget is SOP in all budget-limited groups, government and private.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    how about wasting money on items that are actually helpful to those who need them? or fix the system? something useful to the world.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They can't use the money to help because that would become obvious and they can't stop spending or their budget will be cut.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I used to make Interactive TV games for Sony, they threw money at us so they could get larger budgets the next year. If they neglected to spend every penny the budget would be reviewed and cut.

Got to eat some very nice lunches in London during this time.