Home General Discussion

Lapis: DS game to teach techniques of female....

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19
...sexual gratification. I saw this in the April edition of PCGamer and thought that it had to be a joke (DS game in a PCG?) so I checked it out, and its legit! What the hell!

www.moboid.com/lapis is the URL you'll need.

[ QUOTE ]
DESCRIPTION

SO!

What is this game?

Lapis - A magical pet adventure

(And… a stealthy primer on female sexual pleasure)

Platform: Nintendo DS

The hope is that the game would entertain females - without them ever needing to understand the sex metaphor. But at some point when they did start figuring out the connection to their own sexuality and pleasure, they would have learned some ideas and techniques behind sexual satisfaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK that doesn't sound so bad...

[ QUOTE ]
Human sexual response...
Human sexual response

The way you play with the bunnies in order to win is patterned after the VARIETY of female sexual response

This is the overall pattern but it can’t be achieved in the same way every time - different things work for different bunnies, at different stages of the game

For instance you may need to use tickling at first, and then humming into the ears. But after a while that stops having an effect, and you have to start tapping on its nose.

[/ QUOTE ]

...OK now its getting bad. And a little creepy. Anything else you could tell us that'd make this even creepier?

[ QUOTE ]
GAMEPLAY
Depending on how you touch the bunny, it reacts to being touched.

Players manipulate the creature (bunny) on the touchscreen, which gives them magical energy to fly

You can touch the bunny in different ways – stroking, scratching, tickling, etc

Also can use the microphone to talk, sing to, blow on the fur…

The bunnies are analogous to female anatomy… not literal looking, but evocative

[/ QUOTE ]

Why yes, you can!

Anyway, I doubt this will ever be published but its definitely interesting to see get made. Especially since it's being designed by a woman. I got the demo running (do it with Firefox, IE won't install it) but it was boring, short, and hard to tell just wtf I was doing.

Enjoy!

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Sounds to me like it will teach little girls how to molest bunnies :/
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    it was boring, short, and hard to tell just wtf I was doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know how your girlfriend feels frown.gif
    OH SNAP! laugh.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
  • KRakarth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KRakarth polycounter lvl 18
    ?!

Theres nothing else I can say.....
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    it was boring, short, and hard to tell just wtf I was doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know how your girlfriend feels frown.gif
    OH SNAP! laugh.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha shit! Walked right in to that I suppose..
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    LOL at MoP.... hahahaahaha

of all the stupid ridiculous sex shit thats going on in the industry THIS might actually get made, its made by a woman (I mean she must really know what she's doing wink.gif) and its supposed to be like nintendogs and chicks bought that in DROVES, so i don't see why people wouldn't try and sell this.
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    just being myself here but, if you need this thing you are'nt communicating with your partners. last time i checked, every girl is different, and enjoyes different things.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Umm, Downsizer, I think it's actually intended for a female audience? Self-gratification, you know...
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    And each bunny in the game is different wink.gif Some like it slow, some lick it rough, to be blown on, etc etc. Rubbed, tickled, etc etc etc.

Still can't believe I walked in to that!
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP, nah i think you have it backwards. Why would you need to teach yourself what you like? It does'nt exactly show you anything...new? Makes no sense. If a girl wanted to figure it out, they would... uhm.. figure it out. Playing the game would'nt tell you what you like? Also last time i checked, they can't uhm... blow on it very... gracefully....themselves...

Since the bunnies are different.... I guess it has some technique training. But all it takes is 2-3 sentances with your partner to figure that stuff out.

Or maybe, i'm just that good.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I'm assuming you read the site? The woman behind the design says "I want my game to teach techniques of female sexual gratification to a target audience of females."

So, if I have it backwards, so does the game designer... smile.gif
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm assuming you read the site? The woman behind the design says "I want my game to teach techniques of female sexual gratification to a target audience of females."

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe this thing is aimed at lesbians?

edit: BTW there is allready thread for it.
    http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php...=true#Post88037
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Toomas, this thread has comedy gold in it at my expense!

Now then...

Imagine a game like this for the Revolution? Yah thats right, you're thinking about the possibilities right now.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    ...just sit by the pool and jiggle your cock'n'balls for mama!
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Imagine a game like this for the Revolution? Yah thats right, you're thinking about the possibilities right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

Yeah... the DS petting game for the girls, and the violent shaking of the Revolution controller for the boys. "That's right, shake that thing like a can of spray paint, boy! Now aim for that spider, it's wroth 10,000 points!."
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    yawn

didn't we have this thread a year ago?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    oh fuck off you live in japan where everything has clitoris-esque attributes!
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    No, Hawken's right. We actually did have this exact same thread a year ago. If the search engine went beyond that I'd find it, but it doesn't, so I can't.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    No, Hawken's right. We actually did have this exact same thread a year ago. If the search engine went beyond that I'd find it, but it doesn't, so I can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you scroll up you notice that i posted a link to a thread thats from sept 2005, but was there even older one?
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    doh, sorry. My bad. I am a little drunk.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    oh fuck off you live in japan where everything has clitoris-esque attributes!

[/ QUOTE ]

explain yourself you drunk
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe this thing is aimed at lesbians?

edit: BTW there is allready thread for it.
    http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php...=true#Post88037

[/ QUOTE ]

FTW!

Am I the only one that does'nt see the logic in this being geared for females? I mean, maybe i'm daft, but I personally know damned well what i like and dont. should'nt females? maybe i'm missing out on something, but i did'nt think technique was all too important when by yourself. do they spend that much time refining expertise?

*you have reached level 12 in {censored}*

train your man, sheesh.

Note: does anyone get the ironey in this.. if a female... has a nintendo DS.... unless she is horribly ugly or a total loon/bitch... would attract the attention of sex starved geeks. hence no need for self gratification with legions of DS fanboys at hand, who have played this game and already know the techniques....seeee....seeEEEEEEEEEEEEE? o_0
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I think it's aimed mostly at pubescent girls who are still new to those "features". Maybe it'll teach them different techniques they wouldn't have thought of by themselves.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Indeed, I believe that is the target audience.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I should get a copy for my girlfriend.
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    This will probably make some of you uncomfortable, but my wife and I have noticed recently that our four-yr-old daughter is already quite adept at this... activity. (proclivity?) And she received no instruction that we're aware of. Says in the books that it's totally normal. My mother confessed that I was doing it when I was three (and I confess... nothing!) So yeah- seems to me that making a game to teach it, well, seems pointless. Then again, maybe in certain extremely prudish cultures (or families) this sort of 'tool' might actually be a very good thing.
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    like i was saying, it's human nature. maybe some people are that disconnected from it that they need to be trained? if you are going to train pubescent girls, train them in the morality and outcome of sexual stupidity. not how to blow on a bunny, which i still dont get how you can do by yourself.

though, i guess i commend the product for stepping on new grounds, albiet pointless.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Some dude should make a male counterpart, a bear that devours the bunny.
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I mean, maybe i'm daft, but I personally know damned well what i like and dont. should'nt females?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience, many do not. All but one of my close non-industry friends are female, and they're all out of touch with their own bodies to some extent. I'm talking about women in their late 20s here, one as old as 30. Some masturbate, but one has never ever dared, and one says she derives absolutely no pleasure from it. From a male perspective this seems strange, and also a little sad I think. I can't swear that my sample of friends is representative of the entire female population and there must be significant exceptions anyway, but it's at least a hint that women tend to have a steeper learning curve when it comes to getting down with themselves. I'd say that anything that might help them, especially in a novel way with a calculatedly low "eww!" factor, is probably at least a good idea.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    This will probably make some of you uncomfortable, but my wife and I have noticed recently that our four-yr-old daughter is already quite adept at this...

[/ QUOTE ]

My daughters were all the same way except it didn't last up until they were 4. My gf's 1 yr old daughter even does it. As soon as her diaper is off her hand is right down there. =/

But, anyway, yeah I read about this game in PCGamer, too.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Looks stupid. I'm not usually one to judge a game before I play it, but damn. A game where you pet a bunny? AWESOME!!!1!
    I played that demo, and it sucked, hard. Blah! Blech! Blorf!
    <blatant criticism>
    Edit: Actually, I guess I have played it, at least the demo.
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    Sounds like Nintendogs to me...

Maybe, if the game teached them to play it with a joystick, we'd all win something from it.