polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19

Replies

• Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
    I heard they brought back the people from the golden days to write this one. I hope it's good... it's been on a downward spiral for the last 5 years.

It took like 10 years, but finally it's coming. Woohoo!
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I heard they brought back the people from the golden days to write this one. I hope it's good... it's been on a downward spiral for the last 5 years.

It took like 10 years, but finally it's coming. Woohoo!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, I was just about to say "I wish they would've made this 10 years ago, back when The Simpsons was in its prime." I'm 21 years old and I've grown up with The Simpsons (been watching since I was about 6 or 7), but it just hasn't been the same for the last few years. I'm glad to hear that they're bringing back some of the old guys... hopefully they will be able to reclaim some of The Simpson's former glory and go out with a bang with this movie.

On a side note, I wonder if this means the series is going to end in 2007? I remember reading about a Simpsons movie quite a while ago, but one of the things that delayed them from doing a movie was that they wanted to release it right after the final season.
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    Hopefully it finishes in 2007. It's been terrible for a while now IMO and right now - its tainting its legacy.

Edit: The trailer looks terrible for the same reasons the "new" simpsons is shite, homer being REALLY dumb. So dumb, its the centerpiece.
  • SyaPed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SyaPed polycounter lvl 18
    For me the Simpsons lost it's magic a long time ago. It used to be a clever family sitcom. Now it's one of those wacked late night cartoons.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    If they can get some of the golden age writers back this movie will rock.

John Swartzwelder, Goerge Meyer, Jay Kogen, Wally Wallodarskey, john vitti

Those guys were golden,i hope they really did get some of the old schoolers.

If you get a chance pick up a book called "The Time Machine did it"

Its written by John Swartzwelder , he wrote 59 of the 250 simpsons episodes and he is the man who has written some of the best episodes ever. 3 pages into the book you can definatly see his distictive style and is so far one of the best comedy books ive ever read.